My plays today, Saturday

G8RB8

Pretty much a regular
Ahhh Saturdays. Nothing like waking up late, putting on some Slayer, and looking at the slate.

Games I'm looking at
Balty - I hate taking Cabrera, but Texas has been sluggish lately, and Half the time Padilla wins is because the Rangers score a bunch. Hoping they keep that up, I can see a 8-4 type game here. Debating on the TT too, but it's chalked to -125 over 5, so doubtful I'm taking that.

Nats - Sheets has been subpar ever since CC has been in front of him. 0-3 at home, 2 ND (both Mil Wins on road), 35 hits in 29.1 IP. Maybe he can't handle the pressure of seeing the fat man go the distance the night before as he tends to do. I'll take my chances with Redding who has done better on the road this year. Brewers pen is rested thanks to fatty's CG, but really, does that scare you? Hopefully the Nats offense doesn't lay another egg, and picked up where they left off before yesterday.

LAA -
an_laugh.gif
Dan Giese.... LAA continues their hot offense, and Lackey dominates....hopefully. This is the only one I have locked in yet at -141.

Cincy - Arroyo MUCH lower ERA and WHIP at home. Seems to have found his groove lately after a ridiculous start to the season, as he is 6-1 his last 7 starts. Not a big fan of betting against Moehler, but he's not quite as effective on the road.....though he did just blank the Cubs. Completely meaningless stat: Moehler's last 8 Starts: WWLWWLWW.....

KC - Greinke awesome at home, sporting a 4-1 record, 1.14 WHIP, and a significantly lower ERA of 2.93. Starting to think he's this years' version of Ervin Santana. Thinking of taking my chances here, even though Liriano looked good in his last outing.....at home.....against Cleveland.

TB - Sure this will be the popular pick, but these are the kinds of games TB has to win if they're going to become a contender. On the road, against the lowly Mariners, against a pitcher with not a lot of starting experience, with big bad Garza on the hill. You have to win this.

ChiSox - Dice-K loves to walk the bases loaded with no outs just to see if he can get out of it. The ChiSox are the type of team that can make him pay for that kind of shit as they live for the long ball.

UFC 87:
I want Kenny Florian at -140, so that's what I'm trying to get on MB. He's in a whole different class than Huerta at this point. Huerta will have to prove himself to me first, and I'll take -140 to find out for sure. Probably going to go 2 units on this one.

The rest of that card, I like GSP of course, and I'm actually thinking Lesnar might take that fight with Herring, but I'm not betting on either one. Also thinking about McCrory, but I need to read more on that guy.

Thoughts? Tell me where I'm wrong.....

GL today gents:cheers:

Last edited:
If I was playing today, I lean Nationals & KC myself.

Maybe you just talked me into a 1/2 unit each, a split is ok.

My guy had the LAA game at -180/+160, already scalped it.

Good luck today G8R

I like the Royals.I think Liriano is getting way to much credit against Grienke.Especially on the road.And the other good thing is the public is loving the Twins today.I haven't locked it in yet but most likely be on the Royals tonight.Grienke is tough at home.

Thanks naw, jwk and 3rd:tiphat:

Updated record (9-10) +115

I hate the constant upkeep with a record, units, and all that junk, so if I make any math mistakes, please kindly point them out.:shake:

Last edited:
Thanks naw and 3rd:tiphat:

Updated record (9-10) +115

I hate the constant upkeep with a record, units, and all that junk, so if I make any math mistakes, please kindly point them out.:shake:

I don't keep up with my record either. I just look at the bottom line at the end of the week. Thats all that matters.I did start one on CTG.

Thanks player

Just took KC at +103 cause I'm not sure they'll get much better at MB. Right now, it's them and Angels -141

Rays -125
ChiSox +141

People keep chipping away at my Florian offer, I've got almost a unit at -140 now:popcorn:

Thanks Tar - it took a little while, but the Angel bats finally woke up like I thought they would. Let's hope Florian puts it away

Also on Cincy -117

I like the UFC fight a lot, just sealed up at -143 for 2 units and that's the only one I'm betting.

Jags choking. . .

Giant - I'll check it later on tonight or tomorrow, I'm out for the night

GL all

Back