My Pick to win the WS

yup , my preseason pick ... when healthy their lineup may be the best in baseball and they have a very solid rotation. Just getting some kinks out right now ... and i have a lot of faith in miguel cabrera ... he will struggle some at the start of the year because he changed leagues but eventually he will start being the superstar that i know he is. i guess the concern at this point would be the bullpen. So i am gonna stick with them to win the series this year.

I think they are in too good of a division, the White sox look really good early and so does KC actually. The bullpen could be a huge issue and other then Cabrera and Granderson the lineup is kind of old so I think injuries problems will eventually be raised.

hear ya alex ... if injuries occur they wont take it.... i am one of the nonbelievers in the white sox..... the lineup just isnt good enough to win day in and day out. Buehrle is no spring chicked and you never have the slightest clue what you are going to get with vaaquez and contreras ... they cna iether be amazing or atrocious. Danks is a decent 4/5 starter i guess. Too many flaws to win the division i think. they do own the tigers though.

btw i like the cubs a lot too. ... mostly for same reasons i like the tigers.

NL
Arizona seems really good at the moment.
-they have two aces Haren, Webb
-young and very good Owings
-good bullpen
-bats are hot and young compare to other teams.

We'll see.

I like Milwaukee, but to many RHP in this league. :D

AL
Boston/White Sox

Boston/Arizona - winner Arizona

Cubs have the best offense and with K. Wood coming around a dominant back end of the pen coupled with Marmol who is just a sick individual. Cubs need Dempster to keep pitching like a #2 and then need Lilly to come around. If so, it's going to be a hell of a run.

looks lime im gonna be 3-2 with my championship picks not that the lakers are gonna lose...GO CUBS

the CUBS are looking as good or better than i've ever seen em -
but none of these early runs or droughts mean anything just yet -
after the all-star break is when it starts to get interesting - we'll see

not to go with the favorite, but the Bosox look like the team to beat. they have the bats, starting pitching, and a bullpen.

lets not forget fella's, I made this pick Mid-april, so I didnt go for the favorite out of the gun

Phillies vs. Red Sox in the World Series

Winner: Phillies!!!!

This would be the highlight of my sports life as a die-hard Philies fan. I'd be thrilled if they beat a blind team to win it all, but I absolutely loathe the Red Sox and everything associated with them. I would cherish that win more than any fan could.

Well if the world series is between joepublics pick and alexgurvs pick ........

I will take Chicago.

Cubs +750 keeps looking better and better, and the Brewers wont make the playoffs

the addition of harden is an excellent fit for the cubbies

finally adding a strikeout pitcher to that rotation...

cubbies lookin reall good right now to win it IMO

considering that TB did to them and what their interleague mark was, I don't think they can look to good vs any of the top of the AL in a 7 game series right now...esp LAA and BOS....

But yes, they are the fave to win the NL...by quite a bit right now....we;ll see though, this is the f*cking Cubs people.

Seriously.

Harden will field a bunt , then blow his arm out on a throw to first that will hit D Lee in the face and break his eye socket. Cubs will find a way.

jump and kyle-

BELIEVE!!!!!

this is their year, after all the blunders, chokejobs, and "we'll get em next years", the cubbies are finally going to get it done this year

even they will not find a way to blow it!!!

this is the mark of a full century since they last won one.
its going to be magical.....
this is the year.

Its to make my monthly bump of this thread and ill tell you why, its because a wrench has been thrown into my plans. The Cubs have beaten the Brewers in a series, and I think eventually, the cubs win this thing by 5 or 6. I dont see anyone being a problem for them in the playoffs in all honesty. They either play the Dodgers or the D-backs, both, which they can beat. D-backs arent nearly as good this year pitching wise and maybe even worse offensively. The Dodgers...well thats just a funny team, Joe Torre or not, they arent going anywhere.

Then IMO the Brewers (win wild card) play the Mets (win the NL East), Brewers win that, and the Cubs have proven they can beat them, but it will still be a great series.

Here is the wrench that has been thrown in my plans.

The mother fucking Angels. Cant see anyone beating these guys. I think they blow by the AL in the playoffs and meet the Cubs and just say fuck you and wi nthe whole thing....damnit :(

The mother fucking Angels. Cant see anyone beating these guys. I think they blow by the AL in the playoffs and meet the Cubs and just say fuck you and wi nthe whole thing....damnit :(

Minnesota Twins...:cheers:

Its to make my monthly bump of this thread and ill tell you why, its because a wrench has been thrown into my plans. The Cubs have beaten the Brewers in a series, and I think eventually, the cubs win this thing by 5 or 6. I dont see anyone being a problem for them in the playoffs in all honesty. They either play the Dodgers or the D-backs, both, which they can beat. D-backs arent nearly as good this year pitching wise and maybe even worse offensively. The Dodgers...well thats just a funny team, Joe Torre or not, they arent going anywhere.

Then IMO the Brewers (win wild card) play the Mets (win the NL East), Brewers win that, and the Cubs have proven they can beat them, but it will still be a great series.

I agree. Angels have pitching, hitting, defense and coaching. Adding Tex was the icing on the cake. If Vlad is more consistent than he has been this year they are going to be tough to beat. Hate the Cubs, love Lou Piniella but I don't see anyone in the NL beating Dempster, Harden and Zambrano. Mets have no bullpen and Phil lacks the pitching aside from Hamels to beat Chi.

Homerism aside, I see the Yanks making some noise too. Pettitte, Joba and Mussina isn't that bad of a rotation and their bullpen is one of the best.

As of now, I see Angels/NYY vs. Cubs.

Angels certainly have things going for them now. The signing of Texiera is a big one, given the numbers he put up in the second half of last season.

Scioscia is also grossly underrated as a manager. Having a former catcher behind the bench is a huge advantage. And if you watch Angel games, he really does know how to play small ball, knows when to look for pitchouts, and is very active in the little things that make a big difference in deciding the outcome of close games.

I like their chances far and away better than any of the other teams in the mix.

Back