1. Early January - Giants to win the SB - Win
2. Late November - Kansas to win the NC - Win
3. Mid April - Lakers to win the NC - Loss
4. Mid April - Pens to win the Stanley Cup - Loss
5. Mid April - Cubs to win the WS - Pending
6. Late May - Germany to win the EC08 - Loss
7. Mid August - Oklahoma to win the BCS - Pending
8. Mid August - Chargers to win the SB - Pending

Like to do this before every season now, interesting to see how off I am. Never been great at having writeups for hockey. With 2 weeks to go, I decided to make my pick...few options

Wings - they could very likely do it again with the addition of Hossa. Drake is the only one gone. But they are getting old.
Pens - IMO unlikely, dont have the stat in front of me but when is the last time a team lost the SC , and then came back and won it the next year. They will be good, but I dont like it. Hope they figure it out though
Canadiens - think they do well in the regular season but dont get far in the playoffs
Sharks - This is my pick, a lot of people liked them last year, but I think they pull it out this year. Not too many loses and a lot of signings. Hopefully they pull it out

Sharks to win the SC +1207 to bet 1 unit (
bookie let me take this with him, got the line from pinnacle)

Last edited:
certainly have the talent and depth to go deep.

tough division with a new coach will be interesting... but Im sure McLelland learned alot with the Wings as well

San Jose's only flaw (if its a flaw) is that Nabokov always seems to get outdueled in the playoffs. He'll have to elavate his play from above average to excellent and steal a series one of these days.

I have 3 that I think are interesting:

Habs +1050
Stars +1826
Oilers +4563

Wings are definitely favorites, but the odds are not high enough to warrant a play IMO<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_292--><!-- THE POST -->

Charvik I honestly think that the Red Wings have the best chance as you do, unless age catches up. But the value isnt there. Stars are someone I overlooked, what of the Oilers? why them?

undervalued teams as far as futures go IMO are

New Jersey, Buffao and Boston in the East

and

SJ, Dallas, and Anaheim in the West

MTL is way overpriced at Pinny right now IMO at +934... come on, what did they do to warrant that? good team of course, but playing in a tough division, tough schedule and a still young goalie who sure didnt bounce back after getting shelled in the playoffs last year like mayn people thought

Charvik I honestly think that the Red Wings have the best chance as you do, unless age catches up. But the value isnt there. Stars are someone I overlooked, what of the Oilers? why them?
The odds is favorable, and if that young team gets going they can make some noice in the SCPO IMO... a lot of things has to go right for them of course.

undervalued teams as far as futures go IMO are

New Jersey, Buffao and Boston in the East

and

SJ, Dallas, and Anaheim in the West
I don't see Devils or Sabres going all the way, but for division there may be some value. San Jose has a good team, as does Stars, but I don't see the Ducks contending this year. I think Boston is another year or two out...

MTL is way overpriced at Pinny right now IMO at +934... come on, what did they do to warrant that? good team of course, but playing in a tough division, tough schedule and a still young goalie who sure didnt bounce back after getting shelled in the playoffs last year like mayn people thought
Yeah, Price is a question mark for me. With a better goalie I think they would be right after the Wings...

Yeah, Price is a question mark for me. With a better goalie I think they would be right after the Wings...

I dont think goaltending is a question mark, last year he was a rookie and they were all worried about his confidence and what not, Halak is a very capable backup and future number one. Montreal is a good winnable bet IMO but the value isnt there.

Also think Carolina is a good bet at 51.50-1...They usually are one of better home teams in the NHL.

like the CAPS for value but would have to see +2000.... +1399 aint worth it

would also feel alot better about the future if the blackhawks wouldnt have stolen huet from us. that was a tough loss for caps fans. i mean shit we had him for like 1/2 a season. caveat emptor.

also need to stay healthy this year. has always been a big issue in the past. key injuries....

why are the caps almost the same price as anaheim and SJ?

wow. lot of respect...

Is there a prop for them not to make the playoffs? I think they went on a miracle run last year and miracle runs don't mean your good

they still play in a shitty division with a bunch of points, I can see them finishing middle of the pack, no way i could make a play on them for the cup at that price... maybe with Huet, but IMO they downgraded in net

TB has some potential... still mght play em... dunno

no way i could make a play on them for the cup at that price... maybe with Huet, but IMO they downgraded in net

Definitely did. Amazing how we did so much to acquire him but then when it came to re-signing him we thought price was the better choice for the future. Terrible move, upset a lot of people here.

:shake:

Is there a prop for them not to make the playoffs? I think they went on a miracle run last year and miracle runs don't mean your good

right now they just have the ovechkin/crosby props and stanley cup futures...

SHould be a prop for them to win the southeast division though... not sure what books that take american business offer that playoff prop though, if any.

Definitely did. Amazing how we did so much to acquire him but then when it came to re-signing him we thought price was the better choice for the future. Terrible move, upset a lot of people here.

:shake:

Very bad move for sure especially who you got to replace him.

THEODORE made this team worse for a playoff run imo. :shake:

A stat that doesnt lie. Theodore is 0-15 (give or take one loss) in the playoffs in the second round.

I like theodore personally but I do think he is a choke show in the playoffs.

tooo bad as the caps look like a team thats ready to fire it up abit.

when is the last time a team lost the SC , and then came back and won it the next year.

83-84 Oilers ( just before they ripped off 4 cups in 5 years )

Pens could be in the same position to make a long run...

Youth and speed

Have to look for the Caps to improve also

Very bad move for sure especially who you got to replace him.

THEODORE made this team worse for a playoff run imo. :shake:

haha good call bro, no idea why i said carey price.... i think someone mentioned him in another thread and had him on the brain

that stat from catfood for theodore doesnt lie, thats fucking terrible:hang:

this is why i stick to AMERICAN sports:tiphat:

you all canadians are experts at this shit... if you would be kind enough this season to continue posting plays daily so some of us could tail, that would be great

now go enjoy a molson, or something:cheers:

when is the last time a team lost the SC , and then came back and won it the next year.

83-84 Oilers ( just before they ripped off 4 cups in 5 years )

Pens could be in the same position to make a long run...

Youth and speed

Have to look for the Caps to improve also

Thanks for the info about the oilers. The pens though gave up a lot of depth for Hossa. I think it might be hard for them to duplicate, theyre going to start minus their top 2 Defensemen (Gonchar is essential to them IMO). And the team toughness is gone too.

Well I finally locked em in...

Carolina 51.50-1

Having these 2 guys injured is going to hurt you imo. I like the pick myself but if they start off slow might hurt a playoff spot and obviously your bet.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="ysprow2" valign="top"><td> Rod Brind'Amour C</td> <td>Sep 23, 2008</td> <td>Day-to-Day</td> <td>Left Knee Surgery</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" valign="top"> <td> Justin Williams RW</td> <td>Sep 23, 2008</td> <td>Injured Reserve</td> <td>Torn Right Achilles Tendon</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2"> <td colspan="4" height="7"><spacer type="block" width="1" height="1"></td></tr></tbody></table>

I hope with these 2 out don't screw your chance. :shake:

Having these 2 guys injured is going to hurt you imo. I like the pick myself but if they start off slow might hurt a playoff spot and obviously your bet.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow2" valign="top"><td> Rod Brind'Amour C</td> <td>Sep 23, 2008</td> <td>Day-to-Day</td> <td>Left Knee Surgery</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" valign="top"> <td> Justin Williams RW</td> <td>Sep 23, 2008</td> <td>Injured Reserve</td> <td>Torn Right Achilles Tendon</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2"> <td colspan="4" height="7"><spacer type="block" height="1" width="1"></td></tr></tbody></table>

I hope with these 2 out don't screw your chance. :shake:

Is it me or are a lot of players dropping like flies in the pre season...I think Montreal has had 5 with groin injuries so far.

Crosby and Malkin they deliver in postseason like the postman does your mail.

Thorton has learn how to deliver in the Postseason.

Thorton and Marleau have to be better for you to cash in on the Sharks. :shake:

I still have faith that they can beat Anaheim in both games on the road

its 3-2 now in the 3rd game...lets go Sharks..

Back