My Pick to win the 2019-20 NBA Championship

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
My Pick to win it all

Jazz +1500

Let me start by saying this is not a biased pick. I just look at the other teams and I sense that this is the best pick for value with a pretty good shot of winning it. The last couple of years the Jazz have started slow and have had incredible second halves of the season. A lot of that has had to do with scheduling and the team figuring things out. I think this has led them to be worn out and have had some offensive struggles in the playoffs. Mitchell will no longer have to carry most of the offensive burden. Conley is a huge improvement over Rubio in every aspect.. Ingles is one of the NBA 3 point shooters and it looks like they plan on playing him at PG with the second team (in the preseason he has looked great with 8 assists against the Pelicans). Gobert is one of the best defensive players in the league. They have great depth with bench guys that have playoff experience. I think this is the second best team in the league and I am getting the 8th best team odds.

Why I didn't pick other teams:

Clippers +365 - No question, they are the best team in the NBA and I think gun to my head I would take them. But, I try to stay away from the favorite.
Lakers +450 - I don't like them at all. One injury to AD or Lebron and this team is worse then last year. AD has always had injury problems and lets face it, Lebron is getting older.
Bucks +525 - I don't have a real reason to not pick them , I just don't think the will win it. That's all there is to it
Rockets + 650 - Harden nor Westbrook can get it done in the playoffs. Why do I think the combination of the two is going to fix that problem
76ers +700 - Will Ben Simmons start playing better? Will Brown start coaching better? I think they are worth a look...they are one bounce away from beating last years NBA Champ. Losing Jimmy Butler though...that hurts. Itll be interesting to see if their big man lineup is going to get it done. I don't think so.
Golden State +1200 - I think this is good value but I think it's worth thinking about whether Curry is going to get worn out. Having Deangelo will help take the burden off but this Golden State team has the same core from 3 years ago, but not the same depth.

My Pick to win it all

Jazz +1500

Let me start by saying this is not a biased pick. I just look at the other teams and I sense that this is the best pick for value with a pretty good shot of winning it. The last couple of years the Jazz have started slow and have had incredible second halves of the season. A lot of that has had to do with scheduling and the team figuring things out. I think this has led them to be worn out and have had some offensive struggles in the playoffs. Mitchell will no longer have to carry most of the offensive burden. Conley is a huge improvement over Rubio in every aspect.. Ingles is one of the NBA 3 point shooters and it looks like they plan on playing him at PG with the second team (in the preseason he has looked great with 8 assists against the Pelicans). Gobert is one of the best defensive players in the league. They have great depth with bench guys that have playoff experience. I think this is the second best team in the league and I am getting the 8th best team odds.

Why I didn't pick other teams:

Clippers +365 - No question, they are the best team in the NBA and I think gun to my head I would take them. But, I try to stay away from the favorite.
Lakers +450 - I don't like them at all. One injury to AD or Lebron and this team is worse then last year. AD has always had injury problems and lets face it, Lebron is getting older.
Bucks +525 - I don't have a real reason to not pick them , I just don't think the will win it. That's all there is to it
Rockets + 650 - Harden nor Westbrook can get it done in the playoffs. Why do I think the combination of the two is going to fix that problem
76ers +700 - Will Ben Simmons start playing better? Will Brown start coaching better? I think they are worth a look...they are one bounce away from beating last years NBA Champ. Losing Jimmy Butler though...that hurts. Itll be interesting to see if their big man lineup is going to get it done. I don't think so.
Golden State +1200 - I think this is good value but I think it's worth thinking about whether Curry is going to get worn out. Having Deangelo will help take the burden off but this Golden State team has the same core from 3 years ago, but not the same depth.

I really thought you'd be on the Nuggets this year

I really thought you'd be on the Nuggets this year

They're good, and in truth I should have mentioned them as someone to consider. I feel like Jokic isn't aggressive enough as a star player and I think thats a problem when it comes to the post season. A guy like Mitchell for better or worse understands the moment - it seems like Jokic can be passive in the moment. Just my opinion but I feel like they need another piece (I think I did hear some rumblings about a potential Beal deal like a month ago but it was nothing with substance).

* Take my opinion with a grain of salt...I've stepped out of watching/betting the NBA for years and now im back so my opinion could be garbage. I intend to watch a lot ever since I've quit watching most shows and playing FIFA :)

I will pay you the entire cost of your wager if the Jizz win it all.

League gave it to the Canadians last season, they ain't about to hand it to the Polygamists right after.

I will pay you the entire cost of your wager if the Jizz win it all.

League gave it to the Canadians last season, they ain't about to hand it to the Polygamists right after.

If you’re offering to just pay me the cost of my bet in addition to my winnings if the Jazz win, sure.

thanks for making this +1600

Back