My Pick To win the 2012 Superbowl

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Some thoughts on other teams.

Patriots/Green Bay - These two are really the same to me. They even have the same odds (+560). I think they are both great offensively, but really just mediocre defensively. Theyll def both be there, but its not worth the risk with these defenses and low odds.

Texans +1100 - This team is so injury prone I have no idea why anyone would think they are going to win the Superbowl. Andre Johnson and Matt Schaubb miss time every year, and it looks like Foster is on the same path. If they actually stay healthy then they can do it, thats a big IF. They are in a ridiculously weak division also, so they are almost a lock to make the playoffs...

Eagles +1300 - Same deal, Vick will get injured. He already is injured. There not winning the SB with a backup.

Steelers +2000 - Well with Decastro out there O-line will basically be about the same as last year. They have no RB really. They have no secondary. I predict 8-8, maybe 9-7 for the Steelers this year.

My Pick

Ravens +1900 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes

It pains me to do this, but I see this as a pretty complete team. Flacco proved against the Patriots he can get it done last year. He made the big plays, his WR's just didnt. They've got a great defense as always. They have one of the better RB's in the league. I am actually kind of stunned that oddsmakers thinks this team is on the same level as the Steelers, because I think they are far better.

This thread was lost in the great crash. No worries, only one comment was made, and it was a negative one. This is not a thread to brag, but a thread of discussion on how much i should hedge

kevwqx.gif

Well, you're looking at what for a SF ML -250?

The math gets sort of simple at that point, how much do you want to guarantee you walk away with and go from there, no?

Brag Alex, great bet.

U looking to just find the absolute middle or do you want to lean towards either squad ?

It all depends how much you care if you lose a 1 unit bet, I would ride it out you look way cooler :badass:

great wager regardless of what you decide to do

well I actually think the Ravens win. The only thing I was thining is taking 540 to win 300. Worst case scenario I win 200 bucks...however I've bet them ML in the last 2 weeks so I've kind of made up for that

Any time you can literally "guarantee" yourself some type profit in this hobby, you take it. JMO.

well I actually think the Ravens win. The only thing I was thining is taking 540 to win 300. Worst case scenario I win 200 bucks...however I've bet them ML in the last 2 weeks so I've kind of made up for that

I think you let it ride then. It's a better come up without throwing away $540 if the ravens win. I think they win too

I think you let it ride then. It's a better come up without throwing away $540 if the ravens win. I think they win too

yeah but just cuz I think they win, doesnt mean they will win. Nothing worse then being so close and getting nothing out of it.

Great call so far Alex! I say leave it, you made the bet with Balty winning the SB, so dont hedge it.

If you really want to, you can bet SF ML for 1 unit to cover the original bet, but not a penny more.

Wont be back at a computer till after the superbowl

49ers -175 to win 3 units. GL

yeah good call gurv. who gets it next year? i know you like the heavier favorites but look at SF, I think it's 5:1 they've paid their dues the past few years and they're ready to take it.

Thanks boys, Cogen I have no idea but I doubt it will be San Fran. It'll be someone that's not a favorite but is pretty solid

Back