My Guy Josh Allen Will Go Number 1

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
CBS Sports Mock Draft suggests Giants should trade up to get him #1. After all, as me and @B.A.R. discussed, this guy is the next Elway. Thoughts?

Wouldn't be shocked to see Denver move up but they've been talking about that for a couple weeks now

what about these stats say #1 pick worthy?

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 4.04.43 PM.png

it's like me winning a beauty contest against some chick on my 600 pound life.

Well considering he had no WR, offensive line and threw virtually no screen passes I wouldn't put much weight into his season or use his stats last season as a basis for opinion. Guy's very talented, just not gonna be anyone's quick fix.

Well considering he had no WR, offensive line and threw virtually no screen passes I wouldn't put much weight into his season or use his stats last season as a basis for opinion. Guy's very talented, just not gonna be anyone's quick fix.

So he is unproven. I'm not saying the guy sucks, but what has he done to be worthy of the #1 pick?

So he is unproven. I'm not saying the guy sucks, but what has he done to be worthy of the #1 pick?
Probably about as much as any of the rest of them. It's all preference, top 5 all have flaws (I include Lamar), they're all talented. As with all drafts it comes down to right situation

Brady Quinn would run circles around this guy.

Oh yeah, another guy that I called a bust.

Darnold and Rosen will be better pro QB's.

Rosen has an awful personality that turns a lot of people off. I question how much he really cares while a guy like Mayfield will do whatever it takes to be great. If Rosen somehow ends up on the Jets I will hope he pans out but I would take both Darnold and Mayfield over him.

Mayfield to the Jets is probably the one thing that would get me to watch them next season. They have no shot at Darnold and if they either sign Cousins or some other veteran and don't pick a QB in round one I am done with them.

Josh Allen is a classic high risk/high reward type. Absolute cannon for an arm. I know you all say stats don't matter, but really how many great qbs sucked as hard as he did in college? Allen should be a high upside guy a team takes in rd 2 as a luxury pick, not a number 1 overall franchise savior. Especially if you are the Browns and can't have another qb bust. Lots of guys who are tall with big arms didn't make it, see Boller, Kyle

Josh Allen is a classic high risk/high reward type. Absolute cannon for an arm. I know you all say stats don't matter, but really how many great qbs sucked as hard as he did in college? Allen should be a high upside guy a team takes in rd 2 as a luxury pick, not a number 1 overall franchise savior. Especially if you are the Browns and can't have another qb bust. Lots of guys who are tall with big arms didn't make it, see Boller, Kyle

I have seen him make some throws that really nobody else in this draft can make. With that said he looks awful at times. Darnold, Mayfield, and Rosen should all go ahead of Allen but if I was a QB desperate team in the middle of the round like Arizona I would take a shot because if he does pan out he will be incredible.

also zona is pretty good at working with qbs and he is their type completely. having said that, he wont last to 15 and im hoping the cards give us 15 for Foles haha

We will not give up a first rounder for Foles lol

Likely to use it to move up I'd expect

I pretty much expect Keenum to be starting here next year

also zona is pretty good at working with qbs and he is their type completely. having said that, he wont last to 15 and im hoping the cards give us 15 for Foles haha

You have a better chance of getting Lebron than A first round pick for Foles

Browns about to add Jarvis Landry to Gordon and Coleman at WR. They can add Barkley and whatever QB is left at #4 or they can select their QB and get Chubb at #4. Pretty good options.

Back