My account was compromised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach 40/40

Pretty much a regular
Just letting you guys know that I signed up for the super bowl squares thru my bank with my debit card. Now my bank account has been compromised from Tinton Falls NJ at a Wawa. Has anyone else have this happen to them. That’s the only time I used this card.

Last edited:
Hm. Definitely don't have anything to worry about with @cubsker IMO but that is odd. You live anywhere near NJ?

You have me a little worried cause I stopped at a Wawa in PA a few weeks back lol

Just letting you guys know that I signed up for the super bowl squares thru my bank with my debit card. Now my bank account has been compromised from Tinton Falls NJ at a Wawa. Has anyone else have this happen to them. That’s the only time I used this card.

That is odd. I'm sorry that happened. Probably a wawa thing more than a ctg thing

How was the card used at Wawa if it wasn’t physically present? The 14,000+ times I’ve been to Wawa I always had to swipe my card.

I paid Cubsker via venmo, what did you use?

The only time you’ve ever used the card was for the SB squares? Was it a brand new card or something?

Did you pay via Venmo or PayPal? I’m not sure how anyone here at CTG would have anything to do with it as you used an app to facilitate the transaction.

I used venmo. I also used that card for the withdrawal. I really don’t know what happened. I’m certainly not accusing anyone here on this site. I’m just putting it out there for everyone to be careful.

Aren't debit cards generally less secure than credit cards? I don't know, I always just thought it was a rule of thumb to only have your credit card info stored on apps (like Venmo) or websites (like Amazon)

Obviously nothing that has any concern with CTG

These debit cards get compromised all the time unfortunately.

Hopefully your situation gets resolved.

And, we'll close this one up as the purpose has been served.

Hope you get everything settled coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back