My 9/20 week thoughts

Dollaz

Pretty much a regular
I will not personally be betting it, but I would strongly advise Rice -10. This past Saturday, I was lucky to have got the line earlier and bout to -14 as it finished right on the number. Just an ugly game with terrible wind/rain that really disrupted both passing offenses (which EMU doesn't have anyways) Think the weather hurt ODU worse than EMU and ODU outplayed EMU, but fortunate a punt return for a td gets me the push. (one was called back earlier as well and ODU fumbled near goalline)

On to Rice, the defending champs of the C-USA. I have been impressed with both side oft he ball vs. Notre Dame and Texas A&M. This is a huge drop in talent and they are playing at home with an early start (11 am). ODU travels cross country with an early start. I just think Rice is better on both sides of the ball and ODU has historically had issues with athletic QBs and offenses that can be a threat on the ground and through the air. Heinicke also banged up his shoulder and that is a huge concern. I think ODU comes out fired up, but that they just cant hang for 4 quarters. Don't advise a big bet, but I would certainly take Rice at -10 though I will hope that I'm wrong.

I am on UNC +2.5. Huge revenge spot for them as they completely overlooked ECU last year at home. ECU off the biggest win they've had in years (ever?) Last week they did everything in their power to get ready for VT; this week they are partying and enjoying the win while UNC is looking for revenge.

BOL to all.

Yeah, I didn't expect that. There are just too many question marks for this team to be expected to play a 1 score game with Rice on the road, in an early start. Right now, we may have 2 starting guards out as well as a QB with a banged up shoulder.

Heinicke is still Heinicke, and that offense has the chance to put up points on anyone, but they may have to score 35 to cover this week. Certainly possible, but I don't see it. Hope Im wrong.

I will say, I would take almost nothing from last weeks game due to the weather.

Likely adding Maryland. Thoughts?
I commented some in the What did we learn this week thread, but I am very disappointed in their OL the last two weeks. That unit was my major concern coming into the year and so far they are not proving me wrong unfortunately. They had a tough time defending the spread of WVU and didn't get much pressure on Trickett from their DL. Edsall also benched Wes Brown this week after he had the brunt of the carries last week against SF. Reading between the lines it was a disciplinary action. MD RB's produced nothing against WVU so imo Brown really needs to get in the lineup and take over the position. C.J. Brown is not a particularly good passer and misses some easy throws from time to time. MD defense did play some better in 2H but hard to defend the spread without a number of quality man to man defenders and no pressure on the QB. I think their stock has declined here in the last two weeks and I am not nearly as optimistic as I was at the beginning of the year. I have not researched Syracuse yet.

You can't put An ODU total in the 60s. Simply can't, I don't care who they play. Is this an overreaction to last week when they played in the rain/wind?

Back