MVP

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
IF Lamar Jackson were to falter, who do you got that would have honest chance at the MVP title?

I ask this because is it crazy to think it could be Michael Thomas (atleast to have the second best chance?). He has the 12th best odds on my site, and I am debating on taking Jackson -230 (which seems unbelievable) to cover what I would throw down on Thomas.

I know the title typically goes to QB's, and a Jackson hiccup can open the door for Wilson. I believe that's the only liability I'd have. For wilson to win it, he would have to beat the 49ers week 17, and avoid setbacks.

I say that because there is a history of MVP winners being on teams that are seeded 1/2 (Balty on track currently, Sea has to jump 49ers, and hold it), and guess the other team that is on track? NOS.

Michael Thomas has to worry about nobody on his team to be viewed higher than him for MVP talks. He is on a record pacing stats at the WR position, and he has done it with two Qbs. If his play elevates a bit, and they run the table (which would include SFO). They could end up top overall.

I don't see any choice viable except these 3.

Mcaffrey/Dak?

I try and touch on Michael Thomas in yhebwhat have we learned threads.....it’s an obvious Lamar trophy for now but what Thomas has done AFTER getting his highest paid WR contract is just fucking amazing.

I try and touch on Michael Thomas in yhebwhat have we learned threads.....it’s an obvious Lamar trophy for now but what Thomas has done AFTER getting his highest paid WR contract is just fucking amazing.
122 / 1900+ is the best I've seen in ages(Calvin). Mike will surpass the catches but not the yards ... impressive stuff.

Thomas in five games Teddy started and finished: 42-551-3. Team 5-0, 125 points scored, opponent record 28-27
Thomas in five games Brees started and finished: 52-602-3. Team 4-1, 135 points scored, opponent record 22-32-1

It can be argued that the Saints are a better team when they (and by they I mean Brees) aren't force feeding Thomas so much.

Wilson since he has the fewest pieces around him and on the team. Put any other QB on that team and they only win 2-3 games

Lamar has to have multiple bad games at this point, imo .. .at least if the voting is fair. Wilson a solid 2nd. The anti-black QB tools out there must be shitting themselves.

I'm taking a stab on M.Thomas +8000 right now. As he has a SEXY CB Matchup today (hello prop bets), and ATL is definitely more of a pass funnel team that lacks pressure on the QB. I'll note that saints do have an advantageous OL push but I'd still bet Thomas eats a lot today.

To add to that Lamar (and Wilson) has a tough match up, and I'll look to get Jackson at lower odds next week, in the hope that he (and Wilson) has a poor performance.

I'm taking a stab on M.Thomas +8000 right now. As he has a SEXY CB Matchup today (hello prop bets), and ATL is definitely more of a pass funnel team that lacks pressure on the QB. I'll note that saints do have an advantageous OL push but I'd still bet Thomas eats a lot today.

To add to that Lamar (and Wilson) has a tough match up, and I'll look to get Jackson at lower odds next week, in the hope that he (and Wilson) has a poor performance.
Good thinking

How does Lamar lose after rushing for over 100 yards against that niners defense, having a TD throwing and rushing, and not throwing a pick, while winning?

He will have to get injured in the next game or two to not win at this point.

I agree, obviously Michael Thomas was a bummer on thanksgiving, but I thought the -230 before the week started was crazy to me (in the belief that it should be higher)

Back