CrimsonK

Sid Bream Supporter
Just got word from a buddy in Mobile that Fox10 News in Mobile says Muschamp to be introduced as Auburn Head Coach sometime tomorrow.. Don't kill the messenger:seeya:

Weird if this is true because they were just interviewing Turner Gill and Gary Patterson earlier today.

Via OB:

10:35 update: I just talked to a person that has a very good source on this story. According to him, he just spoke with his source, and his source spoke with Muschamp earlier tonight and was told that he's not going anywhere.

Also, no report on ESPN at all says quite a bit as to truth of rumor.

Info on front page of Horns rivals site.. Not a member so i can only see a pic of him bleeding out of his head and a title, "Is Muschamp Gone"

If someone has the pass, let me know. But I can paraphrase--the story is BS and Muschamp was busy recruiting Dre Kirkpatrick today. Meanwhile Auburn officials flew to Fort Worth to interview Gary Patterson.

If someone has the pass, let me know. But I can paraphrase--the story is BS and Muschamp was busy recruiting Dre Kirkpatrick today. Meanwhile Auburn officials flew to Fort Worth to interview Gary Patterson.

Hands off Dre, kid's gonna be a GREAT one learning under Saban

Well, that's what Coach Boom was doing earlier today.

He is just finishing up his internship with Saban.. Guys like Dre won't be leaving the state anymore as they have in year's past. Nor will they be in orange of any shade

:shake:

Same time this is being reported, this also gets reported: It's Spurrier.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="100%"> <table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top"> Could Auburn Be Close To Naming A New Head Coach?
Posted: <script language="JavaScript">var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Dec11, 2008 7:23 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</script>Dec 11, 2008 04:23 PM
Updated: <script language="JavaScript">var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Dec11, 2008 9:07 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</script>Dec 11, 2008 06:07 PM
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The WSFA 12 Sports team has learned that Auburn University may be close to offering its head coaching job, and that person could be South Carolina's Steve Spurrier.
A source in the coaching profession tells us he's hearing strong indications that point to Spurrier as the Tigers' top choice. However, Spurrier has been quoted in other media saying that his coaching future is at South Carolina.
Meanwhile, interviews continue for Auburn's top football job. Thursday saw Texas Christian's Gary Patterson interview for the job.
Patterson has been the head coach at T-C-U since 2000 when he was promoted from defensive coordinator on Dennis Franchione's departure to Alabama.
Patterson's had 5 10-win seasons in the past seven years including a 10-2 record in 2008.
Patterson is the the 7th coaching candidate Auburn is known to have interviewed.
WSFA 12 News will have more information as it becomes available.
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

I doubt Spurrier strictly cause he wants that membership at Augusta National so bad.. I believe him being at SC has something to do with a possible future membership, not sure how though..

I hope Muschamp stays at UT and Vain Kiffin decides to quit UcheaT now and slide into Auburn. When does Pat Hill's name come up at a big school???

Starting to think it may be BS.. I believe Muschamp had a terrible relationship with Lowder and Jacobs, who utimately call the shots there

Syracuse hired someone today

---Doug Marrone?? Not hired yet heard it was close

Saints offensive coordinator

Don't pitch it on 4th and inches dumbass

Brady Hoke says go for it on own 20 yard line on 4th down

What a joke

Here's what I'm hearing:

Muschamp wants to keep dealings with Auburn under wraps until the dotted line is officially signed, for obvious reasons. If something fell through in the process of getting to AU, he doesn't want to have to go back to Texas like nothing happened and put the rest of his future in jeopardy. To further the cover up, he requested that AU put up some major smoke screens, like going up to the convention in NYC to "interview" "viable" "candidates" for the "coaching" job. So what better person to send on the fake mission of finding a head coach than an AD who is likely to get fired soon anyway. All this to say, you haven't, and you're not, going to hear much more, if anything more, about this until it's more than official. Sources have already said that Muschamp has already called all the internet outlets that are reporting this and told them to keep their F-in mouths shut. Which he followed up with a BOOM M-F-er! More to come, don't wanna spill all the beans.

So... FWIW, that's the story behind Muschamp at the present...

This is 100% bullshit FWIW.

so you're not laughing and RJ isnt crying?
icon9.gif

Will Muschamp will not be the next coach at Auburn

By Tony Barnhart | Friday, December 12, 2008, 08:55 AM
1. Will Muschamp will not the be the next coach at Auburn: I just got off the phone with Will Muschamp, the defensive coordinator and head coach in waiting at Texas. He emphatically shot down television reports in Mobile that he would be the named the next coach at Auburn today.
“I have not talked to Auburn about this job and I have no interest in the job,” said Muschamp. “I really don’t know what else to say. I’m going to stay at Texas until they fire me.”
My sources tell me that some Board of Trustee members did pick up the phone and call Muschamp to find out if he was interested. But those sources also tell me that when Muschamp was at Auburn as DC, he and athletics director Jay Jacobs did not part on the best of terms.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfb/entries/2008/12/12/its_payday_for.html

I think it's hilarious because you probably got zero sleep last night..lol

Mack Brown to Auburn!

I did research for about 15 minutes or whatever time between my first post and last post in this thread from last night.

After that I slept like a baby.

Very clear that the local TV stations are just being inflamatory for ratings.

Really shocked at the lack of interest Pat Hill is getting at any of these schools. Who is it going to be for Auburn now. I would think Patterson maybe the lead candidate.

Back