Mr Famous Has This One In The Bag. World Series Winner

• Thread starter Thread starter MR FAMOUS
  • Start date Start date
M

MR FAMOUS

Wanna win the World Series?

Cubs are starving and will be so pumped for this chance to end all the jinxes.

Indians have not won since '48.

Both teams are balanced in power and pitching. Combined ERA's are nearly the same.

Cubs won the most games but the Indians are better than their record.

The Indians are the ONLY team in all of the major leagues to have not lost 4 straight all season.

They beat Boston and Toronto in 8 games. Both of those teams could beat the Cubs if they were here.

The Cubs have little-to-no weaknesses. Maybe they have one small one. They are younger than the Tribe overall.

Tribe was a dog in both series to get here.

Cubs were favored in both and are a big favorite in this one.

At home, Kluber is virtually unbeatable. Salazar will be able to relieve or start at some point. Bauer will be around for game 3 or 4 as a starter if he's cant go Wednesday. The secret weapon is SP Ryan Merritt. He simply killed the Jays. He should start game 4 if Bauer is held back for game 2. He could also share game 4 with Salazar.

The series will not go past 6, but likely 5, so that gives Cleveland the edge with Miller in the pen.

If Bauer is better than expected by Wed, he will start over Tomlin.

Tomlin would be a great road starter as he was 9-4 away this season. He also was 9-5 in night games.

Bauer is also the worst hitting pitcher in baseball and would not have to bat in home games.

Tomlin can hit and would be great in Chi-Town at the plate.

Cubs will be facing the best AL team they played all season. The played all the interleague games against the AL west this year.
Texas was the only solid team.

Lester is great, but Kendrick is better, so advantage in game one to Cleveland.

Tribe has three of the best switch hitters in the game with Ramirez, Lindor and Santana. That should stop Lester.
Napoli hit 27 of his 34 Hr's off right hander handers, so if Lester cant go deep in the innings, Napoli will be looking for right handed relievers. Napoli also hit 22 of his 34 hr;s at home this season.

Managerial advantage. Tito.

Cleveland is my series winner.

Kendrick is pitching game 3. Valid points all but quality starting pitching usually determines 7 game series. Cleveland could and can win but seriously doubt they do it in 5. I do believe there is value with Cleveland and they do appear to have the horseshoe at the moment. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback ^.

Now on to tomorrow, Wednesday.

Arrieta is one of the best pitchers in the NL, but he struggles to go more than 5 innings. Since the Cubs wasted a lot of the bullpen in game 1, they will have to get a better outing from Jake. I don't see it.

In 4 years in Baltimore, Arietta has an era of 5+. Tito knows him well and Jake will struggle. Cubs money for the series was gigantic and they are forced to bet Chicago just because of lopsided wagering.
Put this game in Cleveland in September, with it being a regular season game, and Bauer would be favored over Arietta.. Ariel was pitching all season in the NL with one automatic out every 8 batters. Facing 9 without the pitcher is a whole different game.

Bauer is starting game 2 and he lacks nothing.

As I mentioned in the game 1 write up, the switch hitters were solid against Lester. Lindor and Ramirez are hitting 750. Santana went 0-2. Combined they are 6 for10 batting .600.

For game 2 it gets better, as Santana has most of his power against righties. Lindor is super and all Ramirez does is hit for higher average with men in scoring position (over .400), than everyone in the AL except for CoCo Crisp, who is on the Indians roster.

Tribe wins game 2 again.

Got them tonight at +145.

Mr. Famous, I agree with your assessment. Cleveland just goes about it's business all year, winning. Keep posting and GL. I'm riding with the Tribe! :shake:

Game 3

OK No doubt that Hendricks is great. Last time he gave up more than 2 runs was 4 starts ago against the Reds. Last time he was the loser was when he gave up 2 runs to MIL.

Cleveland was killed by Arrieta but that won't happen tonight. Game plan is Tomlin, one of the best road starters in the game which his advantage is location. T cant throw over 91 mph so his deal is breaking balls all night, that move like a knuckle ball. They float like a butterfly around 78 mph and sting like a bee at 90 mph!
Look for Hendrick to get stingy with hits, but look for Tribe to long-ball him, (White Sox laid 3 runs on him in 5 inn, for an era of 6.00 on him) because he doesn't give up many hits. Every walk will lead to a stolen base with Tribe speed.
Tomlin is one of the better pitchers as he hardly ever allows a stolen base. Road era is good (L3 avg era,under 3.00) and he's is 9-4 away.

Like the huge dog here. Tribe 4-2.

As usual - a winner Saturday. I didn't post here for game 4 but who thinks I didn't take the Tribe? LOL

GAME 5.

A very affordable bet for Cubs backers, who will die hard for sure with Lester tonight.

Indians start Bauer with 3 days rest - like Kluber. Bauer shut out the Cubs last year in 7 innings at wrigley. Indians won 6-0 against Arietta.

Indians have one of the most unknown factors against great pitchers. The better the starter, the better their record the last couple years. Seems like they beat CY Young Award pitchers and 18-20 game winners more often than not.

Lester had only 4 losses on the regular season and he never lost to any team twice in the season.

He should be the big favorite that he is. In fact, if he was truly going to shut down Cleveland, and guarantee a home win, I think the real line should be -280. Since its not, my gut is, that its just right for Cubs backers sto take him at this luring, cheap price, only to be crushed by the 3rd straight home loss. And +210 on the Tribe is just to good to pass up.

In my first window above, I thought Cleveland in 5, but to not go past 6.

Tito and the Pen, go toe-to-toe and close it out tonight!

Back