Mourinho ,van Gaal and Benitez

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Who goes first?

guessing Mourinho is out by the new year, he's ruining the brand at this point

van Gaal will be given a chance for top 4, if not he's out at seasons end

Pep goes to one or the other next year, not Man City. My guess

Also.. With every goal that chicharito scores, Man U fans hate van Gaal even more

Who goes first?

Be very, very surprised if Pep leaves Munich and doesn't go to City.

Be very, very surprised if Pep leaves Munich and doesn't go to City.

Pep is for sure leaving Bayern at this point. Not sure why everyone assumes he's going to Man City. There were reports last week that he would rather go to Man U

Mourinho dug his own grave when he basically said they won last year thanks to him

still dont know if he's even a great manager to be honest

walked in to the greatest spanish generation at Barca and straight in to a treble winning bayern team

Who goes first?

Don't know how you grouped van Gaal in with Mourinho...Chelsea is damn near in a regulation battle at this point. Man U is finishing top 4 no questions asked...the problem, for me at least, was not making it past the group stages in the CL this year...that's inexcusable.

Don't know how you grouped van Gaal in with Mourinho...Chelsea is damn near in a regulation battle at this point. Man U is finishing top 4 no questions asked...the problem, for me at least, was not making it past the group stages in the CL this year...that's inexcusable.

ManU should be competing for titles not cl spots.

I grouped the two together because these are the 2 managers now on the hot seat (1 now in the BPL)

Not sure you are looking at this partially if you believe Man U is making top 4 no questions asked. Someone that isn't doing it now will have to really turn it around and surprise anyone. Or a huge transfer move in January. Right now, Man U is not making the top 4 for me and van Gaal will be shown the door.

Someone else we can lump into this thread is Rafa

I grouped the two together because these are the 2 managers now on the hot seat (1 now in the BPL)

Not sure you are looking at this partially if you believe Man U is making top 4 no questions asked. Someone that isn't doing it now will have to really turn it around and surprise anyone. Or a huge transfer move in January. Right now, Man U is not making the top 4 for me and van Gaal will be shown the door.

Someone else we can lump into this thread is Rafa

Name the amount

PSG or maybe Portugal national team for the world cup cycle then back to club management

Isn't he owed like 50 million by Chelsea?

I could see him doing TV for a year or two and like you said coaching Portugal for the WC cycle.

I guess there is a rumor floating around that he only took one year of wages and wanted the rest re-invested in the club

They are the walking wounded at the moment...when players start coming back to the lineup they are going to be fine.

Leicester is a great story but they aint winning the Premier League...would be surprised if they finished in front of Man U.

And yes I am furious that Chicharito was let go by van Gaal but happy for him that he finally got the chance to shine.

Shaw is their only long term injury to a starter

the teams around them have had much more injury issues this season

They simply can not score and they haven't been able to do it all year outside of a couple of games

It's been a bunch of scrappy weird goals

I think Martial will probably be good eventually, but he is too young

Depay seemed like a God initially, but no more

Mata and De Gea seem to be the only one's truly performing right now

Maybe even Fellani with the goal last week

he stops getting paid if he takes a new job anyway, so the rumor is he just took 10m flat with no strings, rather than continuing to just get paid the next 5 years, whereas he would only get half a years pay if he gets a new job in 6 months

they dont have a creator outside Johnny Kills, don't have a striker who can score, and they are slow
disagree
really all of this is more a product of the system that vangaal has installed than the team they have there. Too many backward passes, too much keep control of the ball rather than attack attack attack. Martial and Depay offer plenty of pace. Herrera and Rooney can create just fine. United primary goal this year was to tigthen up the leaky ship that was their defense and they've done this not by adding a cb, but rather changing style of play. This style of play is very boring, but United still get chances, just not knocking them in. Lot easier for them to play more open when winning than playing not to lose, which seems to be their m.o. this year.
Not sure I have them as a shoe in for top4 either tbh. Been very painful watching them play such a boring, uneven style so far this year. And getting knocked out of group was an unmitigated disaster. That was not a very strong group at all.
blech

they play slow, I don't think they are slow, thats down to LVG

Rooney can't create anymore, it's over

he has 2 goals and 0 assists in 1050 PL minutes this season, he was creating more often as a 16 year old at Everton

van Gaal bombing out of CL will cost him. There's $30-40 million in income they won't have - both for shareholders and to buy players. The players he has brought in the last 2 seasons haven't set the league on fire, and I think they overpaid for them. He needs to win the EPL to save his job. The fans won't like going without a trophy and the blue half winning.

I've never been a fan of him anyway. Underperformed at every clubs he has been at.

I wouldnt fire him

their not winning the league this season but he's proven in Europe, always been able to upset the odds there, and that's the only comp that matters to them now

this guy should;ve been gone last month.. What man u needs is a brit/scott/Waler for this job.

Their academy is low right now, they are NOT producing players and that's their issue.

Fire the dutch bastard and weather the storm

The problem with firing him is they put an interim in (Giggs?) and they fail to make the CL. On the flipside, Giggs, who may not be a long term alternative, takes them to the CL and fans demand he stays.

My favourite Zidane moment – second game of the 97/98 CL season, Juve travel to Man Yoo. United, like other English teams at the time, had underperformed in Europe. This was going to be their season. They won their first game 3-0 against a Serb or Croat team. Juve won theirs 5-0. Juve were happy to take a draw, or even a one goal loss. Winning the return leg and losing by one would probably ensure them top spot. Del Piero scored in the first minute. United fought back and led 2-1. One minute left in normal time Giggs put United 3-1 up. Old Trafford was going off, United players acted as if they just won the CL. Juve didn’t want to lose by 2. 30 seconds later Juve win a freekick just outside the box. Zidane ever so casually just steps back and puts it in the top corner, like a training drill. His whole demeanour was one of arrogance, as if to say that he has been toying with them the whole game.

Never been able to find it on youtube

This was just before soccer went up the shitter, thanks to the Bosman ruling

Back