Moscow, Vienna, Stockholm and Luxembourg -- ATP/WTA

theking

Pretty much a regular
Here we go mates another week of tennis -- one of my favorite weeks as I love the Kremlin Cup in Moscow. Interestingly enough we have 3 players who are competing for the 'top 9' in Tsonga, Gasquet and Raonic. These three players are in their own respective tournament this week, and each are favored to win. I know I may seem a bit 'pro-raonic' over the past few weeks, but if you were around a few months ago around Wimbeldon I was 'anti-raonic' and had many wagers against him. This week however, I see a very weak draw in Stockholm, which is perhaps why he wild-carded his entry into the tournament. Anyways, his side of the draw should see him advance to the finals. Should end up against Paire in the QF and Anderson in the SF, the top of the draw is wide open with Ferrer being the favorite. Gulbis and Janowicz are in this half of the draw, 2 good indoor hard court players. If either were in form I might expect them to take a run at the title. I honestly see Nieminen knocking out Ferrer and potentially Gulbis or Janowicz in the SF before losing to Raonic in the final. I've put in my initial investment to start the week on Milos, I fully expect to be holding a +200 ticket with him in the final.

In Luxembourg I think Piter +200 is worth a wager, she plays Flipkens who is 300 points ahead of Cilbulkova for 20th in the world and 100 behind Stosur for 18th... I think she takes it easy this week knowing that Cibulkova can't rack up 300 points. Piter, who Flipkens plays this morning, lost to Cibulkova last week in Linz, 6-0 6-1...Piter was around +450 in that match, whereas against Flipkens she sits a +200. I'd say Piter is playing with confidence at the moment, and if she is ever going to beat Flipkens this is probably her best shot...Flipper still complaining about her knee in news reports and she says sometimes it feels worse a few days after playing...she last played on the 11th. I'll probably bite on Piter....

Also looking at Markus Eriksson in Stockholm at +300 on Wednesday over Kenny De Schepper..Eriksson has 4 indoor hard court matches this year, all in Davis Cup play. He went 2-2 and played all players ranked much higher than him... even took a set off Dolgopolov as a +2400 dog...He played in Stockholm back in 2011 but lost in qualifying...He will be on a center court and should have the crowd behind him. Schepper has a better record and ranking thank Eriksson, but has not played great lately...He has a few challenger losses lately but went deep last week in France before losing in the final of a challenger to Mahut. Renewed confidence? Perhaps... but he was favored heavily in each of his matches until the final where he lost in straights. Schepper has never played in Stockholm and last week, 3 out of the 4 matches he won were 2-1 wins...Will definitely be on Erikkson for the match on Wednesday.

As of now, only wager is:

Raonic to win Stockholm (+200) $75 to win $150

I got to start posting again. Myself and P-Unit have discussed stuff the past couple nights in the In Games. We both faded the mental midget Flipkens and had Piter +200

And Milos can only gain about 90 points from this tournament this week. Whereas Tsonga & Gasquet can each gain 160 if they win.

Milos needs to win and then needs Tsonga & Gasquet to falter in the Semis so he can gain 90 points one each.

Then he needs to go win a 500 and make the quarters of Paris. Tough test with 3 weeks left.

I thought the winner of each tournament this week got 250 points? Either way, I think Raonic wins that tournament and collects his points before moving on to next week.

Nice win with Piter, I knew even if it lost the $ could be made back fading Flipkens in her next match.

I hope this Eriksson guy can come up clutch in the morning of De Schepper.

King the way the rankings works, outside of the majors & 1000s, only your top 5 tourneys count. So Milos has a Finals in Tokyo for 300 points, Davis Cup got him 280, Semi Finals in Barcelona got him 180 and has 2 Wins at the 250s for 250 points each. So if he wins he will get 250 points and that will take away the Semi Finals of Barcelona. So only a 70 point upgrade for the win. Now if he goes and wins the 500 that would be huge to get a 250 point jump. Will need back to back big weekends at the 500 & 1000 tourney. He's got nowhere to go from up and could easily see him as a Top 6 player next year.

I got to start posting again. Myself and P-Unit have discussed stuff the past couple nights in the In Games. We both faded the mental midget Flipkens and had Piter +200

haha, I hit that one pretty good. thanks for putting me on it. Too bad Arvidsson showed up the last 2 sets.

Istomin is hilarious, bagels that poor Russian, but then chokes away serve twice in the 2nd set. Takes the 3rd with ease.

Seems to be a lot of love for Niemenin on the net...i guess its warranted. I saw this line touch -197 but it now rests at -241. I would like to wager Niemenin to win 2-1 but my book isn't offering this wager. Becker doesn't have the best return game, which should be magnified a bit on the fast indoor courts...feel so square hopping on Niem but honestly can't see the guy losing. I have Becker circled as a guy I'll play if he is in next years Wimbeldon but not against the 'home town' fin. I think we see 3 sets here as I already mentioned, so I'll wager on the over and hope for the best.

Nieminen/Becker OVER 22 (-108) $21.60 to win $20

You know I looked at Kubot and Khachanov but I've been so cold lately I decided not to push it...hell even my over wager was small. Looking forward to Raonic finally getting to play, get that futures bet on him rollin

Jesus did you see Monfils lose to some randomg Czech? LMAO I remember this weekend last tennis season when it seemed every dog won outright....this season, more of the same. Unbelievable...really just need to fade all those 'above average' players like tipsy, monfils, in these 250 events late because they just give it away.

I'm sure someone out there does, but its probably only her mother and father.

Raonic took care of business in the R16...now on to the QF where he plays Benoit Paire. Should be a good match...Paire is a bit of a headcase but has a nice game. He's been down playing challengers because he was really struggling on the ATP tour. Hopefully Milos can take care of Paire.

Just saw I got the Stockholm Open on TV tonight!

Nice line-up too...Starts off with Jerzy/Gulbis...then Ferrer/Verdasco... Have to like the over in the Jerzy/Gulbis match...see it at 23.5 (-111)

Verdasco coming in at +133 against Ferrer...also be cheering on De Schepper to beat Dmitrov who could be a threat to Milos in the SF.

I'm excited for this Janowicz / Gulbis match, will be wicked to watch in HD instead of stopstream

Last edited:
ive made a nice chunk of change of halep the past few months... prob just luck

pissed i didnt get the win today

Halep has done well this year; Kleybanova is a bit of a wildcard here....I might take a stab on her, she has a very good indoor hard record and could be prime for the upset.

Gublis/Janowicz over 23.5 (-108) $27 to win $25

Khachanov ML (+274) $15 to win $41.10

Kleybanova ML (+372) $10 to win $37.20

Khachanov x Kleybanova $5 to win $81.40

​good luck good luck

Last edited:
Next weeks Swiss Indoors 500 is nice

[TABLE="class: htmlarea-showtableborders indorstable, width: 487"]
<tbody>[TR]
[/TR]
[TR="class: grunbg, bgcolor: #141006"]
[TD]Marcos Baghdatis
[/TD]
[TD]CYP
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Brian Baker
[/TD]
[TD]USA
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Tomas Berdych
[/TD]
[TD]CZE
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Carlos Berlocq
[/TD]
[TD]ARG
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Nikolay Davydenko
[/TD]
[TD]RUS
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Juan Martin Del Potro
[/TD]
[TD]ARG
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Federico Delbonis
[/TD]
[TD]ARG
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Grigor Dimitrov
[/TD]
[TD]BUL
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Ivan Dodig
[/TD]
[TD]CRO
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Roger Federer
[/TD]
[TD]SUI
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Richard Gasquet
[/TD]
[TD]FRA
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Daniel Gimeno-Traver
[/TD]
[TD]ESP
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Victor Hanescu
[/TD]
[TD]ROU
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Denis Istomin
[/TD]
[TD]UZB
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Michael Llodra
[/TD]
[TD]FRA
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Adrian Mannarino
[/TD]
[TD]FRA
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Marinko Matosevic
[/TD]
[TD]AUS
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rafael Nadal
[/TD]
[TD]ESP
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Kei Nishikori
[/TD]
[TD]JPN
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Vasek Pospisil
[/TD]
[TD]CAN
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Milos Raonic
[/TD]
[TD]CAN
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Andreas Seppi
[/TD]
[TD]ITA
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Stanislas Wawrinka
[/TD]
[TD]SUI
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[TD]Link
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Horacio Zeballos
[/TD]
[TD]ARG
[/TD]
[TD]Link

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

BTW King I was mistaken on the points, this is actually huge tourney for Milos, His lowest points is a 45 so with a win it gains him 205 points. Really needs this one and then needs a big week in the 1000 Paris

Milos choked this one away.. that sucks about him missing out on points, I really thought he would be better than this.

I also think Nadal withdrew from the Swiss tournament so that should open things up a bit too!

Knapp ML (+241) $15 to win $36.15

Last edited:
Kremlin Cup WTA Final:

Stosur ML (+107) $50 to win $53.50

Should be a great match between two girls both in great form....Halep playing great tennis but I like Stosur's game on this surface.

Halep is a beast, that is for sure. Stosur didn't play very good tennis but god damn Halep makes some amazing shots...very little room for error or she puts it away. I ended up taking Halep to break Stosur at the end of the match so I won back a majority of my wager, threw that majority on Dmitrov to beat Ferrer and went to sleep. Woke up to see Dmitrov win in 3, which is nice because tennis has been dragging the balance down the past week...only had 33 on dmitrov but +161 was good.

Excited for the 500 events starting up; lets get it fellas. I'm ready to start hitting some plays this week!

Back