Monta Ellis out 3-4 months

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Warriors guard Monta Ellis is scheduled to undergo ankle surgery on Wednesday that will sideline him for at least three months, according to ESPN.

According to early reports, Ellis suffered a high ankle sprain while home in Jackson, Mississippi. If the three-month timeframe holds, Ellis would miss the first month of the season. Marcus Williams could have serious value in the early stages of the season, and Stephen Jackson will need to follow through on his recent promise to be more involved as a play-maker. Ellis, who recently signed a six-year, $66 million deal with the Warriors, had missed only six games over the past two seasons. Aug. 27 - 2:53 pm et
Source: Contra Costa Times

they signed him to be their leader and believed he is damn ready to lead, and this happened, tough luck

mullin also by the way is looking at livingston right now as possible replacement according to reports

big big blow to the Warriors..... I have a feeling this might be a lingering injury thru-out the whole year.........fuck, hope not.

but yeah, I'd take a chance on Livingston even though he is injury prone. If he can play at all, that'll let Ellis play the "2" which he is more better at.

For now though, it's gonna be the Marcus Williams show.

The Warriors are questioning exactly how Monta Ellis injured his ankle and have started an internal investigation, dispatching trainer Tom Abdenour to Mississippi to get a first-hand look at Ellis.
The team isn't sure he could have hurt himself so badly while "working out" and is trying to sort out the details to make sure Ellis is being truthful. If it turns out he was doing something not allowed by his contract, like riding a motorcycle, Ellis could be fined, suspended, or have his contract terminated.

Looks to me Monta could have been riding his Harley hehe.... Im pretty sure they wont terminate his contract though...No NBA team exec in his right mind would dare.....

Yeah this has taken a weird turn. Usually you take the word of your star athlete but they're investigating. We'll see what happens.

BUSTED!!!

Two unnamed sports medicine experts have told ESPN that the injury suffered by Monta Ellis is not typical of a basketball injury, especially given the fact there were also cuts and abrasions on his ankle.
Ellis told the Warriors he suffered the high ankle sprain and torn deltoid ligament while playing pickup ball on Aug. 21. It's clear that suspicions are high that Ellis was not playing ball when he sustained the injury, shortly after signing for one of the biggest pay raises in NBA history. As long as Ellis' injuries aren't career threatening it would be shocking to see the team void his contract if it is revealed he was participating in activities banned by his contract. But fines and suspensions would be likely.

Its not nearly as severe as Jay Williams injury.....

The Grade 3 (most severe type) of ankle sprain that Monta Ellis suffered recently is probably going to be difficult for him to come back from.
Ellis rolled his ankle the other way while most of his weight was on his arch. Robert Verrette, a DPM for the San Jose Medical Group, said 12 weeks is the standard guideline for recovery, and that it is possible for Ellis to come back at 100 percent. But he also didn't underscore the severity of the damage. "It's awful," Verrette said. "I wouldn't wish that injury on my worst enemy." Ellis should be able to play again this season, but there's no guarantee that it will happen.

When would the warriors have to terminate the contract by? Could they wait to see if he makes a recovery or no?

what do you think caused the injury, because it seems obvious that it's not basketball related.

gotta be crotch rocket accident. i can't think of any other activities an NBA baller would be doing that could fuck themselves up that bad.

Monta Ellis' devastating ankle injury reportedly happened while he was riding a moped in Alabama.
Ellis originally told the team he hurt himself playing in a pickup game, but it was obvious his injury didn't happen on a hoops court. It sure would have sounded cooler if he had dropped a Harley, or even a scooter. But it appears that a moped is the culprit. Who knew they even still made them?

Back