Moneystacks Picks

MoneyStacks

Pretty much a regular
Wanted the season to be a couple weeks deep before I got involved. Sitting at 2-1 on the year.

Tuesday: 2-0 (Dallas/Detroit 5.5 under and TB -180)
Wednesday: 0-1 (Chicago -150)

Thoughts on Thursday Tilt?

Leans:
Blues: always play Columbus tough, Hitchcocks old team, Blues haven't played since Sunday.
Goal Differential: 5 on 5, blues are +7 and CBJ -9. On the PP, Blues +7 and CBJ +4. On the PK, Blues -5 and CBJ -2. Possible look ahead to Friday nights game at Detroit, but Hitchcock does a great job instilling the one game at a time approach (based on players interviews).

Kings: Nashville has lost 3 in a row. 5 roadie in a row. What a brutal schedule to open the year. Been shut out 2 of the 3.
Kings have a deep 3 line team.
Goal Differential: Kings are -1, 5 on 5 and Nashville -6. On the PP, Kings +1 and Nashville +4. On the PK, kings -1 and Preds -4.

Blues played very slopping tonight. Got a huge advantage getting up 3-0 on 2 soft goals. Possibly we're outshot tonight for the first time all year. Don't really know what to expect heading into tomorrow nights game vs Detroit. It's good they got a chance to knock off the 3 days off rust, and I'm sure they were on coast mode after getting up early in the first, but for some reason I think Detroit gets them tomorrow.

1-1 yesterday. Kings played superflat, and go like 8 deep into the shootout. Lucky they even got 1 point. Nashville now 1-3 n SO this year.

Leans for 2/1:
Blues -110: I know I talked about playing Detroit last night, but Blues are the superior team, just don't feel comfortable laying money with Detroit.

Blackhawks +115: anyone know of its luongo or Schneider?
If its Roberto, I love the play. Hawks are so in Luongo's head it's embarrassing.

3-2 on the year

Love it. Love it. Love it. Career vs Chicago he is 14-9-1. GAA 2.23. Ok, maybe I am wrong. He has good stats, why do I feel like he gets dominated every time when he plays the hawks? Maybe that huge comeback to force a game 7 in 2011 has a lot to do with that. Well, there's our revenge angle.

Plays:
Hawks -130 bounce-back game for Chicago.
Flyers -170 3 game skid stops. Is it too early for must win?

5-4 YTD

Leans:
Colorado: good spot for Avs
Van/Edm under 5.5: gut feeling

Plays:
Colorado -130
Toronto -130
Bad number on Van/Edm under (-160) so no play

Last edited:
0-2 yesterday. 5-6 YTD

Got these up late:

Caps -170
Senators -160
Penguins -160
Preds/Blues under 5 (-120)

7-8 YTD

treading water every night, a little frustrating to say the least. Games I am eyeing for Tomorrow and Thursday. May just want to fade me at this point. This can't last long right?

Wednesday: nothing
Thursday: Blues, Penguins, Senators, and TB/NJ under

Well, Thursday was ugly. 1-3 (8-11 YTD).
Played: Blues (-200), flyers (-160), Senators (-140), and Flames.

A little bit on St Louis. Elliott continues to give up too many rebounds. They D is still limiting shots but 2-3 chances is ridiculous to give up. Offensively, they are not creating anything. They have been out scored 11-2 last 2 games (and 16-5 last 3). They can't get into any sets, and when they do get a shot, there is no traffic in front and its one and done. There was zero intensity tonight, you would think after getting their ass handed to them by Nashville on Tuesday they would come out swinging. Detroit is not this good, and the Blues got beat to every loose puck. I don't understand how you come out flat, 2 games in a row, at home. Hitchcock shook up the 2nd and 3rd lines a little to start the game, but whatever. There is ZERO offense, they aren't gelling like the first 6 games this year. I don't know where this funk came from, but the next 3 home games are vs (Ducks-Kings-Sharks) they would be luck to go 1-2. So, with that said, I'm fading the Blues next 3 games. This funk that they are in doesn't look like a 48 hour fix, they may be falling fast.

went with the over in the bruins game with the over is also 6-1 in the sabres last 7 home games, and 6-1 in their last 7 games overall. The sabres rank 29th in the N allowing 3.58 goals against but are 6th with 3.08 goals per game. gl on them all ms

11-13 YTD.

Tuesday plays:
Devils -170. I have lost every game that I have bet against the Hurricane this year. I am done with them.

Under NYR/BOS 5 (-120): Boston scores twice (down 3-1) with 90 seconds left to play in regulation to force OT. Bad beat.

Under SJ/Nashville 5 (-120): it's 0-0 late in the 3rd now, I'll count as a win. Screw jinxes.

Good luck all, a hot streak has to be coming.

I sat on the side lines last night but I was watching the Bruins game . That was a real tough 3rd period for under backers. Bruins defend off a 2 man adv to start the 3rd period just to give up a real weak goal then the bruins 2 goals at the end like you said.
BOL

11-14 YTD

I feel like just dropping the hammer on all 3 big home favs (Hawks-Canucks-Kings). I hesitate on Van bc they are ranked 12th in scoring and offensively they are middle of the pack in everything else. We all know the goalies have been ridiculous posting a 1.90 GAA combined. Ryan Kesler is back, first game this year, and Henrik needs one point to tie for all time scoring Van leader. Reason to get this done and celebrate, ha!

Hawks: sharks slumping. Losing 6 straight. Via ESPN: The Shark can't seem to score no matter the situation. They've been shut out in two of their last three games and have been held to two goals or fewer five times during their skid. Niemi is 0-2-1 with a 4.38 GAA in his last three starts at the United Center. I think Chicagos speed and PP is a huge advantage.

Kings: front office shake up recently for CBJ. Only home game for LA within a 9 game stretch. Quick has allowed 3 goals in each of last 2 games. But is 8-2-0 with 1.99 GAA vs Columbus. CBJ are also 0 for last 39 on PP vs Kings. I also like the quote from Sutter, "he (Quick) needs to play a hell of a lot better."

That was a tough loss to swallow. Two late period goals are the most aggravating with an Under. Van scored with 50 sec left in 1st and a minute and change in the 3rd to force OT. Less than 50 shots combined and 6 goals scored, just one of those nights i guess. Tomorrows a new day. I'm still waiting for my hot streak to start.

13-16 YTD

Rolling with these. No write-ups, at work:

Islanders -110

Ottawa/NJ under 5 -120
Nashville/Colorado under 5 -130

Personal feeling is to simply never lay big prices on totals. Rarely I will lay 30 cents. NEVER higher.

Add: blues under 5.5 (-120). That travel has me convinced. Getting in at 6 this morning effects the offense more than the D. I'll bite and put my money up.

YTD 16-18

hawks made that OT/SO exciting...Emery gets screened on 2 shots under 2 min to force OT. My ass was puckered for that one. Anyone see that forearm by Hanson to the back of Hossa's head? Completely malicious.

Back