Mondays thoughts

blownaway

Pretty much a regular
Nuggets 1st qtr +.5 5 units

Nuggets under 192 3 units

Mentally out the gates how these teams are going to come out should make this an easy 1st quarter. One team has already taken homecourt advantage back and the other team needs to even the series up.

You can read IC's writeup on the the under.

Now to the Rockets game........everyone seems to think that the Jazz are the team that could come and win this game in Houston. I think differently because of how the Rockets mentally approached this series. Even after game 1 and 2 they kept saying the Jazz are a good team and this would be a long series. They werent focused on stealing a game in Utah. This series reminds me of series more in the 90s where two teams maintain their homecourt by playing tough D and feeding off the homecourt. Neither team is fooling anyone. I also know that Yao hates the altitude and being in the city of Utah in general which shows his decline in play. That leaves it completely up to Mcgrady and we cant function in the playoffs like that. I really dont think Derek Fisher at 6 1 and Gordan Giricek are giving him incredible problems. I think Kirilenkos confidence is a bad thing for the Rockets though, but hes still only good for 3 points a game. I completely expect Houston to maintain its homecourt in a hardfought game. I expect less turnovers for Yao.....a better % from TMac and more calls for the hometeam. Homecourt in this series is the key. The spread is a little high and creeping up, but I see the Rockets up toward the end of the game and free throws determining the outcome.

The spreads have gone to the favorites each game of the series as well.

Im still not completely sure about this game, but these are my thoughts on the Rockets.

I really liked your points, but then you say the Rockets will beat whoever they play in 2nd round? Kind of lowered the credibility there, haha.

But seriously, Im going to take the jazz and the points. Homecourt is huge yes, but the rockets just have looked horrible in the last 2 games and should not be giving the sisters of the poor 6.5......Plus I just feel I have to go with the biggest trend out there, and that is the Rockets cant win a series. Im sorry but if they do win the series, its going to be earned, and I see the games left in Houston being very close, and the game at Utah being a blowout. I think tonights game will be one of the first wire games of the playoffs. Tight. BOL if I got the spread covered, I'll be rooting for t-mac to make that game winner tonight.

goodluck either way Jon1.....just posting thoughts on how I see the players mentally approaching it game to game.

haha the signature is because they are my team.....Im not taking it out either.

does anyone know the % of the public on the Rockets game.....I dont really read way too much into that, but after the last 2 games in that series the line along with the line movement is weird

I'm glad you lean towards the Rockets blown .. looking at the two previous games in Houston, Utah came out blazing and the Rockets took control in the second half. I think the Rockets should be the ones to come out motivated today and if they do have the lead at half I think it's over. I've got a huge ML parlay with Hou and Cleveland, I like the fact that the line is inflated, the books know people are going to be riding the Jazz after the last two games, but this game's line is going to start equal or higher than the first two games?? It doesn't make sense, Utah came into the playoffs playing like shit, and the Rockets were hot (not counting the last game of the season btwn these two) but the line hasn't changed due to Utah's last two convincing wins??? I think it's a good sign for those on the Rockets.

blownaway you do make some good points but I've seen these games as well and the way I see it Utah are giving a bit more at the moment, they're showing more in terms of playing team ball.

Houston can win, after all Houston ML is available at 1.33. There's a reason why, it's home court after all. But I expected Utah to bounce back from a terrible few months in regular season and I saw them showing signs of serious life in 3 out of 4 games, while I've seen a sub par Houston more often than not.

Their secondary unit scoring has been sub par, these guys are relying too much on the T Mac and Yao to do the job, while Utah are the ones who are showing an all round effort.

Combine that with a probably low scoring game and gimme the points. GL tonight though, I like the under in Denver the more I look at it.

:shake:

Thanks Satyr...........My main thing is that Sloan said Yao and Tmac arent making the shots they normally make in Utah. They were making those shots a week ago at their homecourt. I know TMac is taking it personally if he doesnt get out the 1st round.......I expect the homecourt jolt to bring that life back to them....Yao will get down lower in the box. Remember the Rockets won game 1 and 2 with no effort really from anyone but those 2 and they won by more than the points (spread)

Adding Cavs -3.5 1H 5 units

Cavs/Rockets ML 3 units

The Wizards know its time to look forward to next yr. Im going to take a shot on my team with the homecourt.....I knew they would lose game 3......game 4 I thought they would come out with a better effort but the Jazz used their crowd to run away with the game in the 3rd. I expect the same tonight to lead to a win. Goodluck tonight.

Hey guys--
Thanks--I took UT+, and Cavs (sentimental), and SA, BUT took Denver +2 in 1st quarter. . .had a really good night--glad I found this site. Good discussions. . .more mature behavior. . .Many Thanks

Back