Monday's Niffel...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Had this one circled for a long time. With the early season results going the way they have... I am REALLY happy about getting to take double digits with the dog.

Buffalo ain't played at home on Monday since the early 90s; they are going to be rowdy and riled up here. They will have all the emotion. Dallas is in as flat of a spot as they might be in all season. New England goes to Irving next weekend so I expect Bum Jr. to keep a lot of things under wraps tonight.

I really like the kid from Stanford, who has shown a lot of poise in his first six quarters under center. The rookie running back from Cal is a bull - he always falls forward when he gets hit and I think the Bills come out with a nice mix and balance early to get the lead and put the Cowboys on their heels.

Yes, Buffalo has a lot of injuries and you might see one of the Sabres out there playing DB tonight... but Dallas will not be in a rhythm early and once a home team in front of a raucous crowd gets some momentum, it's hard to slow them down.

I was going to take anything more than 7, so it is with much glee that I take 11 here. I'm waiting for it to pop up, as none of my spots have it yet - but the steam will only come for the favorite.

Not surprisingly, the shop is going to need the dog. And I'm just fine with that, because I'm going to need the dog as well.

The play: Buffalo plus 11 for a big bet - if it starts to migrate down for some reason, I'll take 10.5 right at kick but I expect it to only go one way - up... I will also bet the Bills on the moneyline later, as well...

:cheers:

I dont think Son of Bum will keep much under wraps. He wants to win this game as bad as ever to prove to Ralph Wilson that he was wrongly fired after the 2000 season.

Dallas has also been getting off to slow starts and if that is the case again Buffalo could get some momentum going.

i was planning on playing this one anyway. good to see ya on it. DD road chalk in the NFL is the path to ruin is what i've always heard

love it. gotta hope for my cowboys to win by a fg or td. no doubt dallas gotta be lookin ahead to pats next week at home, that will be tha biggest game for em. buffalo will be hyped up for it bein a national tv mnf game. good luck tonight rexy lets cash it, get money

Buffalo is banged up with not much firepower on offense. They'll need to get some turnovers to stay close in this one.:prayer

You're in a good spot here, Rex.

I haven't won a primetime game since Week Two. 0-6 (technically 0-7 though I didn't really play GB last night and did win some money in the second half).

And I like the Cowboys.

I won't bet it, but I like Dallas.

You should be fine.

rexy + emkee + tru = me liking my company

lets hope for the best gentlemen.

Thanks fellas...

Grapes - I can see why you're praying. That prolly means you like Dallas, but your guys are going to drown you with Dallas money too, no matter what number you use, hahaha....

Rexy I'm all over this. I had posted in another thread about this game and also thought the moneyline is a good gamble tonight. This really means nothing but I pointed out that in 1989 the 4-0 LA Rams came into town on a Monday Night only to leave 4-1 after losing to the Bills and their BACKUP QB Frank Reich. It rained that night, and the way it is here now seems to be very eerily similar to the conditions then. I now live about 5 minutes from the stadium in Orchard Park and the winds have been picking up for about an hour now.

Also, and I don't know if this was mentioned but Dallas may have played quite possibly the EASIEST schedule in the NFL thus far. They have beat NYG (1-4), MIA (0-5), CHI (2-3 but not nearly what they have been) and St. L (0-5). On the other hand the Bills should have won Week 1 vs. Denver and have lost to NE and PIT (2 of the best 3 teams in the AFC). I live in Buffalo but I am not the blinded, die-hard Bills fan. In fact I bet against them more than I do on them but just really like them in this spot. And as you mentioned MNF hasn't been here in 13 years (I was at the game with my Senior Class...lol) and the 12th man will be ABSOLUTELY FIRED UP FOR THIS ONE!!!

Good stuff LJA. I'll be on the ML as well, and those are all good points.

I made Dallas 4.5, Brian... Hence, the big bet at plus 10.5

Good luck Rex... Double Digit dogs at home on MNF must have a very good record ATS over the years. I am with you on Buff tonight. Good luck!

GL

The only counter-argument I'd make is that Edwards HAS looked decent thus far, but it's been in a blowout loss to the Pats. And against a bad Jets D. A D so bad that the Bills actually WON the game SU.

Thanks Fond. I'll have to assume that's a joke, Jump...

I felt like someone stabbed me in the gut and robbed me blind...

Thank God for the Tribe...

Back at it tomorrow, fellas... GL this week...

Back