emkee

The Truth Is Out There
39-32 (+9.48)

0-1 last time out.

San Antonio Spurs at Golden State Warriors

The play...

Warriors -4.5 (2 units)

:shake:

This one is early... not sure I agree...
50/50 game in my eyes and it's always better to take the points in such spots I think.
How do you see this game mate?

Good luck!

Thanks fellas.

Have made it a habit to fade teams on double-digit win streaks when getting points on the road.

Teams in the above spot hitting at around a 20% clip the past decade.

1st meeting of 4 between these teams, a big game but not the biggest.

If you try and read into how each team would approach this first game you'd have to figure it means more to the Dubs at this stage,

Dubs still feel like they have to prove themselves and validate their 'ship.

Whereas it's just another game for San Antonio, Pop 'resting' TD somewhat indicates this.

The last time these teams met it was the Dubs riding a 10+ win streak,

Which the Spurs subsequently ended in the Alamo with a double-digit win.

Kawhi also got the better of Scurry in that meeting,

Scurry much improved since then as is Kawhi but will give Scurry the slight edge here at home.

Will be a good game either way and hopefully I'll walk away from it with some cash.

Go Dubs.

Last I checked there has been more in the media about the Spurs being the better of the two teams.

Read an article just recently from a dude in Ohio that says the Spurs are a bigger threat to the Cavs winning a 'ship than the Dubs.

#lightbulb

You both on the Warriors em... Tuck as always... can't be clear, even when he tries to be...

I like the Spurs because first of all, I really don't think that Timmy worth 2 points. SAS are a machine and others will step up for him. Also, I think that Pop wants to win this one. Obviously not as much as the Warriors, but I doubt that resting Timmy means he thrown in the towel. I also think that SAS felt it on their own flesh, how much HCA matters last season.
If Spurs would have won one game more, they would have been second in the West and have HCA till WC Finals and not lose in Game 7 to Clippers in LA, but play short handed Dallas instead (and then play against Clippers, with Game 7, if needed held in SA). They can be within 1 game from the Warriors if they win.
Both teams can win by 20, but I will take the points here either +5 or in a teaser (actually took them in a teaser already).
Having said that, I probably will wait to see the game to make any real bet (the teaser is mostly just a "TV bet" for me).

Fact it's the 1st of 4 meetings and both teams sit atop the standings doesn't make this a must-win game for either team.

No team is sweeping the regular season series.

It's all about bragging rights and I'll take the young arrogant team carrying a chip on their shoulder to draw first blood.

Pops not one to show his hand early.

Scurry should be pumped from the Panthers game as well. Bumpin' the Ked Woodley aka Cat Daddy.

Dude's shot-chart is insane, shooting 44+% from a foot or more outside the 3-point line. League average is just under 24%.

Thanks fellas.

Have made it a habit to fade teams on double-digit win streaks when getting points on the road.

Teams in the above spot hitting at around a 20% clip the past decade.

1st meeting of 4 between these teams, a big game but not the biggest.

If you try and read into how each team would approach this first game you'd have to figure it means more to the Dubs at this stage,

Dubs still feel like they have to prove themselves and validate their 'ship.

Whereas it's just another game for San Antonio, Pop 'resting' TD somewhat indicates this.

The last time these teams met it was the Dubs riding a 10+ win streak,

Which the Spurs subsequently ended in the Alamo with a double-digit win.

Kawhi also got the better of Scurry in that meeting,

Scurry much improved since then as is Kawhi but will give Scurry the slight edge here at home.

Will be a good game either way and hopefully I'll walk away from it with some cash.

Go Dubs.

my exact thinking before the game...
not the points on the road after a 10 game winning streak, even with a decade that sample size is pretty small. But this game was much more important to GSW and Pop wouldn't allow his team to place any more emphasis on this W then they do a matchup @ LAL.

I will say everybody here is talking about how Pop's holding Duncan back now, to save him for later and keep a few tricks up his sleeve. But I'm starting to be convinced that Duncan wont have much of a role in the GSW series. I think Pop was more trying to let LMA get a taste of what he's gonna face in a grueling WCF this summer. Duncan's time on the court will most likely be limited and focused on defense and facilitation.

nice call

Thanks Ivy.

The whole team on a 10+ game winning streak getting points on the road thing was supposed to say since the turn of the century.

Teams 8-30 SU (10-27 ATS) in this spot since 2000. 1-4 ATS last 5. Decent sample, imo.

But I'll say this and say it again, LaMarcus is not a big game player, period.

That and Tony Parker getting abused by younger, faster PG's will be the Spurs downfall in the playoffs.

Thanks Ivy.

The whole team on a 10+ game winning streak getting points on the road thing was supposed to say since the turn of the century.

Teams 8-30 SU (10-27 ATS) in this spot since 2000. 1-4 ATS last 5. Decent sample, imo.

But I'll say this and say it again, LaMarcus is not a big game player, period.

That and Tony Parker getting abused by younger, faster PG's will be the Spurs downfall in the playoffs.

How Miami played the first half of the first seasons together vs the second half of that season and the rest of their time together were so completely different that there's no way to assess how these stars will acclimate to each other over a full season. LMA is a world class talent, he's young and he's getting the best coaching money can buy. He's making improvements everyday in how he's working with SAS and that's only gonna get better over time. Tony Parker CANT cover S Curry but Pop didn't show us what he was planning on doing to check him in important games and important sets late in games. Throwing Leonard on him for a little while was more of a test run, but I doubt very much you're gonna see much one on one from Pop come playoff time. Everyone on San Antonio plays smart, heads up defense. They'll all be tasked with the responsibility of checking GSW's strength and helping with a lot of different looks, a lot of zone coverage and a lot of timely double teams that force quick turnovers. Spurs aren't the best defense in the league because they have no answer for one star or another. They're the best because they calculate how best to marginalize the other team's strengths and take them out of their comfort zone. Bowen's D on Dirk is a perfect example of the kinda undersized pesky defense the spurs practice when they're outmatched physically. Depth is the X factor here in my opinion. Spurs starting 5 gives up something to GSW to be sure. But their supporting cast with West, Diaw, Ginobli, Mills, maybe even Duncan off the bench provide them with invaluable minutes of smart basketball with a premium on defense, passing, and cohesion. These two teams have so many tiny underlying dynamics that the ONLY thing I say is that there's nothing to take away from last night's game. Their story will play out over (most likely) 7 grueling games in what could end up being the greatest Western Conference Championship series of our generation. :shake:

Gonna be tough either way for SA. Scurry made Kawhi look silly more than once...

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/iiHYhKDgMuT/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

I think that Spurs can do A LOT better protecting all the backdoors and cuts that GSW made last night. LMA is bad this season. He might be better till postseason, but for now... He is just terrible...
Spurs (and the league's) problem is Curry. When he is on fire... very tough to guard him. I expect to see a lot of Diaw, Kawhi and Danny Green on him obviously. They still need to learn how to hide TP on defense...
The game in SA should be interesting obviously...

Back