Monday's Milleb...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Ended 3-3 and a frustrating 0.48 unit winner yesterday. Ryne Sandberg should be jobless. If I were the GM I would have dragged him out of the dugout in the middle of the bottom of the ninth. You're gonna give Cole Hamels 133 pitches to try to win the game, then go to Antonio Fucking Bastardo to close in the 9th because your closer pitched on Saturday? Get the fuck outta here. Then bring in Fausto Carmona, two days after he started, to try to get a ground ball and clean up Bastard's mess? Brutal swing but these will happen. Now 54-56-3 and -3.69 units on the year.

There was real value in the Cubs earlier, but unless you can take +145 (and I am looking for it out in Vegas, but not sure I'll be able to get down enough to make it a worthwhile post, so forget it), then leave it be. Bottom line, despite the pitching edge, they still can't score.

Arizona roof hotline hasn't been updated, but with a temp in the mid-80s and no chance of rain, it has to be open. Washington has been largely putrid in the last few days but could wake up against these Arizona shitbag pitchers. Sharp money on UNDER earlier, so it has to have bottomed out. Gambling before I get the ump, and could hedge a little bit if I really crap out on that draw.

The play: Phoenix OVER 8 +104 after commission medium 2u.

Buehrle has been better than they price him all year, but the Jays haven't hit much these last couple of days and Wilson can easily silence them as well. Not sure where they came up with nine runs on a getaway night game, but they trapped me, although VanOVER worries me some as he seems to be reverting to his 2006-2008 form of ball-calling after being a largely under-leaning type the last four years.

The play: SkyDome UNDER 9 +112 medium 2u.

El Capitan catching this price against Chavez? Where do I sign up?

The play: ChiSox +183 medium to big 2.5u.

A slight lean to Mets tonight, but weather favorable for homers to left, and Fat Boy Bart is a flyball pitcher that's liable to give up a few of 'em. Pass.

GL!

:shake:

Just posted something relating to your WS bet that I am very likely to be on in the group thread

i think I can only trust Danks in this price range, seriously cutting down plays myself after volume is just leading to worse breaks (like PHI yesterday)

Turns out Pap had a strained neck, but why Fausto was a better option than either of the RHPs he had in the pen (including the one who lost the game) I have no idea. And he's got Larry Bowa as his right hand man, no fucking clue how they let that happen. Utley shoulda caught Abreu's soft line drive, that didn't help either

And VanUNDER still remains, his strikezone is far too wide/he still bails out pitchers too frequently to lose that reputation

So glad you ranted about Sandberg. He was beyond arbitrary. Seemed like a mets baseball gods type of bullshit.

What do you think about Braves/Giants. Floyd was So good last time out. The Braves just saw Tim.

Tiny Tim or nothing there. At this level, I would lean slightly toward Timmer. Might take +101 or better small for shits and giggs. Bad start in Toronto.

Back