MonDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
1-2-0 -3.52 last UP+326.50 reg seasonMonday Postseason American League WildcardThis line has dropped like a rock since opening @ TB -135. It is a must-win scenario for the Tampa Bay Rays and host Texas Rangers .Rays ace Price starts against Rangers rookie Perez and Several reason for this drop imo. Texas announced that power-hitting outfielder Nelson Cruz will be activated for Monday’s game and Alex Rios is batting .435 with two homers and seven RBIs in 23 career at-bats against Price. Texas defeated Tampa Bay in the AL Division Series in 2010 and 2011 en route to back-to-back World Series appearances and it sure looks like better are seeing that out come once again.Price didn’t face the Rangers this season but has traditionally struggled against them, going 1-4 with a 5.98 ERA in eight career outings. After being sensational in July and August, Price was 1-2 with a 3.78 ERA in five September starts. He has pitched at least seven innings in four of his last six turns.Perez won seven of his last nine decisions as one of Texas’ most-reliable starters over the second half of the season. He didn’t face the Rays this season and his lone career outing against them was a five-inning stint last season in which he gave up two runs and seven hits. Perez has allowed three or fewer runs in nine of his last 11 starts.Price is 1-1, 2.73 in his last four starts; he didn't pitch against the Rangers this year-- he allowed eight runs in 10.2 IP in two starts against them LY. Perez is 1-0, 2.84 in his last two starts; he allowed two runs in five IP in a relief appearance vs Rays LY, only time they've seen him.Rangers are 32-18 vs lefty starters, Tampa Bay is 29-23. Texas just went 7-0 vs Astros/Angels on a homestand to get here, scoring 46 runs in those games; they had lost seven in a row at home before that. Rangers are 4-3 vs Tampa Bay this year, winning two of three here in early April.Rays are 8-2 in last ten games but lost Friday/Saturday and almost blew a 7-0 lead Sunday; they've won seven of their last ten on the road.Over is 5-1-1 in last seven Texas games, 4-1 in last five Tampa tilts. So what the hell to do here? I think the more experience Price has the advantage in a pressure packed game against rookie Perez but I must be in the minority here with the line moving the other way.I going with TB and the Over. Nothing big, just some action on what I believe

Tampa Bay Rays* -114
vs Texas RangersD Price - L Listed M Perez - L ListedRisking 58.5 To Win 50
Tampa Bay Rays/Texas Rangers* Over 7½ -105 D Price - L Listed M Perez - L ListedRisking 52.5 To Win 50
added
Tampa Bay Rays/Texas Rangers* Over 7 -135 x half

GLTA

Last edited:
gl hound, i'll be opposite on the side but rooting for that total..

Congrats on the contest win and with ya on Tb tonight...hate goin against home team in these one game playoffs but Tb has destroyed lefties all year don't see why it stops tonight

Thanks guys. BOL tonite and post season

Thanks Coach, It looks like just U,Wire and myself on TB with the way this line is dropping. GL pard

Dollaz, I'll be in the forum on Tues..Been looking forward to pucks for 4 months. Looks like Penns have the same team as last season. Should be interesting GL this yr

Thanks Johhny GL

gsro, good to see we agree on the Over. Perez has allowed 3 runs or more in 3 of his last 4 starts, and the Over has been the play in 5 of his last 8 starts to close the regular season. Hope it is tonite GL

Congrats on having a great season and winning the contest. Continued success in the playoffs :cheers:

thanks for weighing in on this subject. I'm grabbing onto yours and wire's coattails on this one.
GL

Wise...my guess
Boston and Atlanta play for the Series
And I will be rooting for Atlanta :) GL

P2W Thank u my friend GL to U also

MrBull GL postseason

Kev. Thanks U to my friend

Lets play BAll

Back