MonDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
Monday CANADA DAY and I tried hard to find a reason to celebrate with the Jays fans

....but couldn't . About the best I could find is Dickey has posted a 1.80 ERA in winning back-to-back starts against the Tigers (43-37), though he hasn't faced them since 2011 while with the New York Mets. While Omar Infante is 12 for 25 with two homers and a double against him since 2010, Prince Fielder and Miguel Cabrera have combined for three singles in 14 at-bats.The Jays have been home for the holiday the past two seasons, losing 10-6 to the Los Angeles Angels last year and 7-6 to the Philadelphia Phillies in 2011. Both of those games played over the total.Toronto is just 2-6 as a moneyline favorite on Canada Day since 1999, with a 3-3 mark as an underdog.
Looking at the game from the Tigers side, Dickey's 4.30 ERA over his last five starts and 4.45 ERA on the year is indicative of his volatility and also supports his 4.72 ERA. Detroit hitters have 39 hits in 105 career versus Dickey for a BA of .371 and overall this season, the Tigers own an excellent .282 BA and .781 OPS on the road. Lastly, at home, Dickey has been torched with a 6.02 ERA and it’s mostly because he can’t keep the ball in the park, as his 12 jacks allowed in 49 home innings will attest to. Alvarez is Anibal Sanchez’s replacement and in three starts the kid has gone 1-1 with a respectable 3.78 ERA and an ERA of 3.79. He’s shown both good control (4 walks) and a good strikeout rate (13) in 17 innings so far. He also has a strong 46%/18%/36% groundball/line-drive/fly-ball profile. It’s a small sample size and you can’t put much emphasis on what Alvarez has done.
Alvarez is 1-1, 3.78 in three starts this season and Detroit is not playing all that well losing five of last six. Bottom line, Detroit can hit Dickey and I dont know how well the JAys will hit Alvarez.
Detroit Tigers* +128 vs Toronto Blue Jays to win 128
Detroit Tigers* +1 -120 vs Toronto Blue Jays to win 1
Detroit Tigers* +125 vs Toronto Blue Jays for 1st 5 Innings to win 125
Detroit Tigers/Toronto Blue Jays* Over 9 -115 to win a Half

Happy Canada Day to all of my North of the Border friends

GLTA

Blood nice work on the Braves and Balty. Of course I had Balt TT over (push), game over and didn't play Balt in my infinite wisdom. One thing I don't understand after watching that game is why Kuroda doesn't use the split finger the first time through the lineup, makes absolutely no sense to me. He should use it all the time and get rid of his change up which got tattooed out of the park on multiple occasions. This fucking baseball is wearing me out this year. I have so many pushes on one run games it is unbelievable. Another one yesterday with the Pirates.

I havent done that well with totals this season either Tim. As U can see, I'm mostly playing only a half on my totals. And I think I heard the 'talking heads on tv saying something very simular about Kuroda use of the split finger vs his changeup.
I'm confident the second half of ur season will be a winner my friend
Thanks GL

I havent done that well with totals this season either Tim. As U can see, I'm mostly playing only a half on my totals. And I think I heard the 'talking heads on tv saying something very simular about Kuroda use of the split finger vs his changeup.
I'm confident the second half of ur season will be a winner my friend
Thanks GL
Thanks Blood, I am joining you on the Tigers today. Hope to get July off to a good start. I like the Nats tonight and will look to put them in some kind of parlay I think. Tired of playing -1 and pushing lol...

On the NAts as well Tim
Washington Nationals -173* <small>vs</small> Milwaukee Brewers x1
Washington Nationals -1 -130* <small>vs</small> Milwaukee Brewers x1
Washington Nationals* -½ -125 vs Milwaukee Brewers for 1st 5 Innings
Milwaukee Brewers/Washington Nationals Over 6 -190* x Half

Zimmermann who is 11-3 with an ERA of 2.28 while Gallardo is 6-7 with a 4.20 ERA. Zim has been untouchable in nine home starts this season, going 8-0 with a 1.09 ERA and 0.83 WHIP in 66 IP. Eight of those nine home starts have been pure quality Milwaukee is terrible on the road this season and they are in mired in a very bad stretch right now. Zimmermann will be very ready to feast on the Brewers since in his last 2 starts he has given up only 2 runs in 15 innings of work. This one looks to be easily for Washington and probaly should be more than a one U play but I'm still a little shy with the Nats

Yes I am hoping for a better offensive 2h for the Nats. Rendon has really taken advtg. of his opportunity and will be hard to get out of the lineup. Desmond had a monster June, R. Zim has really been hitting well and Harper is coming back tonight. I am hoping we can make a good race out of this NL East before it is all over, and hope at least both of our squads can make the post season.

Bloody, thanks for your CFB reply in yesterday's thread. Appreciate it! I see ND is on the list of possible surprises. I'm not familiar with the new QB situation.

Alvarez didnt last but 3 and gave up five u dumb ole hound...but Dickies knuckler is starting to spin, maybe the Tigs have a chance

Yes I am hoping for a better offensive 2h for the Nats. Rendon has really taken advtg. of his opportunity and will be hard to get out of the lineup. Desmond had a monster June, R. Zim has really been hitting well and Harper is coming back tonight. I am hoping we can make a good race out of this NL East before it is all over, and hope at least both of our squads can make the post season.

yeah, so I can owe u 'another' bottle of scotch :) :) U know my Braves fold in the last few games each yr

btw, u never said if u got that other money I sent

Cincinnati Reds -160* <small>vs</small> San Francisco Giants x1
Cincinnati Reds -1 -121* <small>vs</small> San Francisco Giants x1
San Francisco Giants/Cincinnati Reds* Under 9 -120 x Half
M Kickham - L Listed B Arroyo - R Listed

Looking at Mil bullpen use I believe Francisco Rodriguez will be down tonight or at least they will look to not use him (39 pitches yesterday)...thier bullpen is surprisingly one of the better ones in baseball...besides the point I like the play tonight gl man

Always appreciate ur input Coach GLTU

sorry for that loss Tim,my bad

down 270 to start the day and now I have to play catchup which is always a bad thing

1. 7/1/2013 7:05 PM MLB Baseball 952 Washington Nationals* -186 vs Milwaukee Brewers
    Y Gallardo - R Listed J Zimmermann - R Listed
  2. 7/1/2013 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 954 Cincinnati Reds* -159 vs San Francisco Giants
    M Kickham - L Listed B Arroyo - R Listed
  3. 7/1/2013 7:10 PM MLB Baseball 957 San Diego Padres* +2½ -310 vs Miami Marlins
    J Marquis - R Listed J Fernandez - R Listed
  4. 7/1/2013 8:10 PM MLB Baseball 961 Tampa Bay Rays* -160 vs Houston Astros
    M Moore - L Listed D Keuchel - L Listed
  5. 7/1/2013 8:10 PM MLB Baseball 964 Minnesota Twins* +2½ -260 vs New York Yankees
    A Pettitte - L Listed S Diamond - L Listed
Risking 50 To Win 322

Player....we must start agreeing on more on these games because when we do....we win Good work P2W GL today

Thankfully we came back with a winning day after a terrible start ...damn i hate to start the day in a hole

7-4-1 +2.30 UP 300.03ytd

GLTA

Back