MonDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals. As we come down the home stretch of the MLB season, the Washington Nationals have the NL East pretty well sewed-up with a seven game lead over the 2nd place Braves. That makes this a make or break series for the Braves. IF they can take at least two, then they shave into the lead. Also more important for the Braves is that they trail in the NL Wildcard race by 1/2 game to Pittsbugh and San Francisco. So while maybe the division crown is a long shot, a Wild Card is definitely in the mix. The main issue with the Braves is their offense, ranked 29th in runs, 24th in batting average and 26th in slugging percentage - not good numbers for a team looking to make the playoffs. Minor with a 6-9 record, 4.65 and mediocre 1.41 WHIP. Minor lost his last game, but has looked much better of late, going at least seven innings in each of his last four starts. Fister has been a huge addition to the Nats team, posting a 12-6 record, 2.66 ERA and 1.15 WHIP since coming over from Detroit. Fister has lost three straight starts but could get back on track with the Braves weak bats.
Minor has pitched well of late but hasn’t gotten the run support to earn wins. Note that Minor has notched five straight quality starts over his last five trips to the mound but has just two wins to show for it. The lefty though has struggled against the Nationals in ten starts against them in posting a pedestrian 4.64 ERA over 52 innings of work.But this is a good situational play also, Washington gets set to start its second straight home stand, while the Braves are coming off a series in Miami, and as we know, the road has not been kind to Atlanta this year, it’s just 34-37 away from friendly confines and Washington is 43-27 in front of the home town crowd. The Nats are also looking for revenge after losing two of three in Atlanta last time the teams faced off
The Nats are 17 games above .500 at home and the Braves are 5 games below .500 on the road. Fister has struggled a bit lately but he still has a 2.14 ERA and 0.91 WHIP at home this year. Minor has a 4.41 ERA and 1.26 WHIP on the road this year. The Braves have been shut out in 4 of their last 8 games and they have scored a total of 15 runs over their past 8 games. Lots of value in the Nats and the under today.

Minor has turned his season around with 5 straight starts of 3 runs or less allowed, and the Under is 3-0-2 in his last 5 starts.

Fister, he has turned in 3 straight poor starts, but working against an Atlanta team that simply does not hit - 9-4-4 Under their last 17 games overall

So,, the play for everyone except the bloodhound is Washington

I have played 951 Atlanta Braves/Washington Nationals* Under 7½ -120 x1

And I will wait until game time to get a better price and play the
951 Atlanta Braves* +?? vs Washington Nationals x1

GLTA

goodluck hound, any concern with the nationals and their ability to hit left handed pitching?

goodluck hound, any concern with the nationals and their ability to hit left handed pitching?

gsro, Thanks for stopping by
Yes, I know that the NAts hit lefties better and I know that they will load the lineup with righties tonite. As far as the side play, the Nats are somthing like 62% winners against lefties but as far as the total, there isnt enough difference for me to play the Over because the 54%Ov against lefties doesnt offset the scoring by both teams in the last few games
GL on ur plays today and hope ur doing ur homework on the pucks, oct8 isnt far away

rest of the plays all for one

STL -124
NYM -148
KAN +121
Oak -170

parlay 100/180

1. 9/8/2014 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 962 Los Angeles Dodgers* -340 vs San Diego Padres
    O Despaigne - R Listed C Kershaw - L Listed
  2. 9/8/2014 10:10 PM MLB Baseball 972 Seattle Mariners* -300 vs Houston Astros
    B Peacock - R Listed F Hernandez - R Listed
  3. 9/8/2014 7:05 PM MLB Baseball 974 Toronto Blue Jays* -200 vs Chicago Cubs
    J Turner - R Listed M Stroman - R Listed

I'll take a split lol...GL Blood

LOL my friend...I bet U will... while the Braves have done well with the Nats, I dont knw if we can continue tonite. Sorry to hear Gattis is out for the series.

And why arnt u at the game tonite Tim, I though sure I would look for u in ur private box :)

I know u will be at the Terps game Sat. I look forward to ur thoughts on that game

GL Tim

LOL my friend...I bet U will... while the Braves have done well with the Nats, I dont knw if we can continue tonite. Sorry to hear Gattis is out for the series.

And why arnt u at the game tonite Tim, I though sure I would look for u in ur private box :)

I know u will be at the Terps game Sat. I look forward to ur thoughts on that game

GL Tim
Blood I am going tomorrow night, should be a good one with Zimmerman and Santana going.

Sorry my Braves lost for U Cash, they cost me to, Hope u had the Under

3-3-0 -0.7 ytd +88.3 won the 3tm par for a +180 but I am not counting parlays or props in my ytd summaries this yr

GLTA

Back