Monday Yu got smacked yesterday Discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
Perfect totals only from now on, not just gonna go under with Yu cuz he owned HOU

Overnight leans:
MIL +101
COL +133
BAL o8.5
TEX o9
OAK u7
TOR +186/u6.5

on the radar:
PIT -103

Whatever it is about the ESPN Monday Night tv spot, it has a distinct theme for the 2014 season...

Road dogs are 13-5 SU & 15-3 on the runline (vs. Home dogs 1-2 SU/2-1 RL).
Road dogs scoring 1st have gone 10-1 SU & 11-0 RL.

But that still doesn't spell out the dominance of the dog in this tv spot: the season's first 3 Mondays featured one 3 game day (Mar. 31st) & one 2 game day (Apr. 14th). Since they switched permanently to featuring just one game per Monday (meaning no late/r games for peeps to chase, starting April 21st), the dog has racked up a 12-3 SU/14-1 RL record.

Something a little kooky going on with the totals too. Not that the number itself is unbalanced in any way (sitting at O/U 8-12-1), it's just that when matched with the current Sunday Night record (O/U 11-7-1) we're left with a perfectly balanced 19-19-1 mark. Whatever's happening on the Sunday spot, is getting cancelled by the Monday spot. If you'd noted the Sun Night total result and bet its opposite for the 7/8pm est Mon Night game this season, you'd currently sport a (excuse me) 10-6-1 record.

Last edited:
Whatever it is about the ESPN Monday Night tv spot, it has a distinct theme for the 2014 season...

Road dogs are 13-5 SU & 15-3 on the runline (vs. Home dogs 1-2 SU/2-1 RL).
Road dogs scoring 1st have gone 10-1 SU & 11-0 RL.

But that still doesn't spell out the dominance of the dog in this tv spot: the season's first 3 Mondays featured one 3 game day (Mar. 31st) & one 2 game day (Apr. 14th). Since they switched permanently to featuring just one game per Monday (meaning no late/r games for peeps to chase, starting April 21st), the dog has racked up a 12-3 SU/14-1 RL record.

Something a little kooky going on with the totals too. Not that the number itself is unbalanced in any way (sitting at O/U 8-12-1), it's just that when matched with the current Sunday Night record (O/U 11-7-1) we're left with a perfectly balanced 19-19-1 mark. Whatever's happening on the Sunday spot, is getting cancelled by the Monday spot. If you'd noted the Sun Night total result and bet its opposite for the 7/8pm est Mon Night game this season, you'd currently sport a (ecuse me) 10-6-1 record.

Sounds like the Sunday night and Monday nights for the NFL. One was a dog dominant night and the other was a fav.
thanks for this

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had more confidence in the rockies bats because I'd take Lyles at that price against the pads returning home from a decent road trip (split against minny) and won another series agaisnt the bucs

Wish I had more confidence in the rockies bats because I'd take Lyles at that price against the pads returning home from a decent road trip (split against minny) and won another series agaisnt the bucs

agreed, we're reaching a point with them that they are almost an auto-fade (eyeing Matsek-Kennedy in the day game Wednesday)

leaning under in the Jays game:

think we see another good outing from hutch..the last time he went a CG (yes he only went 8.2 against Balt) was ag ainst texas where he beat Yu 2-0 and then followed up with 5.2 on 5 days rest gave up 1ER...he won that game as well..The M's bats haven't seen him so there's an edge there and then you get Felix on the other side of the free swinging Jays...it's well-documented that hutch is a road warrior, but that last start @ home versus the O's was a confidence booster

BTW Edwin + Lind Started rehab....I'm expecting Juan to be optioned when Lind is back up and one of the pitchers to be optioned back when Edwin is ready...

They sent down Goins for Mills because of last night's marathon and in case Hutch doesn't have it...

leaning under in the Jays game:

think we see another good outing from hutch..the last time he went a CG (yes he only went 8.2 against Balt) was ag ainst texas where he beat Yu 2-0 and then followed up with 5.2 on 5 days rest gave up 1ER...he won that game as well..The M's bats haven't seen him so there's an edge there and then you get Felix on the other side of the free swinging Jays...it's well-documented that hutch is a road warrior, but that last start @ home versus the O's was a confidence booster

BTW Edwin + Lind Started rehab....I'm expecting Juan to be optioned when Lind is back up and one of the pitchers to be optioned back when Edwin is ready...

They sent down Goins for Mills because of last night's marathon and in case Hutch doesn't have it...

i had read that Lind is far ahead of EE who had a setback (not sure what days were thrown around). For that reason, I still think the Jays lineup is missing key parts and though +205 is appetizing on Hutch I think under is the better play. Gonna wait on an ump to see what I'm doing, over guy and I may take a shot at the Jays

Knight/Fairchild/Wolcott/Gorman were out West, unfortunately Gorman just went SEA to OAK so he'll be gone. Hoping for Fairchild of that group

i had read that Lind is far ahead of EE who had a setback (not sure what days were thrown around). For that reason, I still think the Jays lineup is missing key parts and though +205 is appetizing on Hutch I think under is the better play. Gonna wait on an ump to see what I'm doing, over guy and I may take a shot at the Jays

Knight/Fairchild/Wolcott/Gorman were out West, unfortunately Gorman just went SEA to OAK so he'll be gone. Hoping for Fairchild of that group

no doubt they are missing the protection they are used to, but EE started a rehab assignment in Class A on saturday and is expected to rejoin the team early in the road trip...

Don't want to touch the jays here, and dont' like the unfamiliarity that the M's bats have with Hutch who as long as he's not tipping is tough to hit off of...i'm crossing fingers for an under guy

Toronto B2B East Coast to West Coast to play a 10PM EST after winning in 19 innings yesterday. Bullpen threw 236 pitches.

Toronto B2B East Coast to West Coast to play a 10PM EST after winning in 19 innings yesterday. Bullpen threw 236 pitches.

yep.. that's why they brought up Mills to pitch long relief if Hutch can't go deep...

but of those 236 their long relief (Redmond and Jenkins) pitched 123, Sanchez pitched 37, Cecil 27, McGowan 28, Loup 5, Casey 16...

pretty much you're getting all lefties out of the BP tonight since the M's are a left heavy lineup too...Hutch>Mills> Loup> csey with mills only coming in for middle or long.

Considering Minnesota tongiht...Milone first start back into the majors and Mauer will be activated off the DL

Hutch threw 115 pitches last start. That was his largest pitch count of the season. He is coming off 4 days of rest. The Blue Jays are 2-8 SU (0-5 SU L5) in Hutch's starts when he threw 99 or more pitches in his previous start. Hutch lasted an average of 5 ±1 innings in those 10 games. He went a total of 50.2 IP and allowed 39 R (all earned), on 63 H, and 22 BB with 43 K. That's good for an ERA of 6.93 and WHIP of 1.678. Opposing teams' run totals in those 10 games: 11,4,9,4,5,5,5,4,10,14.

Kind of curious what you think a fair price should be. Colorado is the worst road team in baseball and are currently 3-17 last 20.Hahn by the way is playing off a loss and has not lost 2 in a row this year. Interesting game as the Padres are a very vengeful team and lost last 2 games to Colorado.
I see actually result 18-41 away. If you had laid 2 dollars a game betting against them you would be up 6 units.

Last edited:
Back