Monday we gotta be better about probable starters Discussion

I am honestly a little surprised that people are betting on Colon away, at night and on 4 days rest.

I am honestly a little surprised that people are betting on Colon away, at night and on 4 days rest.

who is? i'm hoping the money trucks roll in on his side after the sweep, but i also lost the last two days against NYM and seem to be their good luck charm

-Lester had a good start vs PIT earlier this season, he's been rolling lately (even if it was against poor competition) and while the average looks sorta high in the Bat vs Pitch he's really struggled with only Aramis as the other high clips are Stewart or few ABs. Liriano is hard to trust as he'll throw himself into difficulty and the CHC offense isn't much to speak of, especially after facing the toothless MIL offense grabbing the 4-game road sweep grabbing them some extra respect, but Rizzo may be turning back into the guy everyone feared for two months. Big number for the Cubs, whose pen is coming around now that Rondon is back to the closer spot (no clue why he lost that job but w/e), but it's nothing compared to PIT's and I don't think there's a lot of money in fading a WS contender unless you're getting a big number
-Absolutely love the Snakes recently, almost as much as 2da, and I haven't yet had a chance to fade Fister's diminishing velocity plus they killed me the last two days and three times this week despite getting a lead in each. Godley was impressive in SEA (though what does that say), also concerned a bit that Goldy may get a day off as he played the entire HOU series when he returned home. He did DH today, so it's possible he'll be available again. SNB, meanwhile, could kill some of the WAS starters even though they're desperate to get a W after blowing the entire series in Flushing. That means they'll fight hard, but also means the pressure is there for real now and I've been hoping to fade them as I hate the way they play baseball. All the bullpen should be available, though so should ARI's, but the line is too low to grab now so hopefully the public falls in love with the team in 1st place and not the team below .500
-Fish lineup is terrible, but so is the Mets even if when i bet against them they will have one guy hit three extra base hits (Saturday) or they will hit three HRs in an inning (Sunday). NYM just blew their load on the Nats and even though Familia got the day off today, I'm not sure they'll have it in them. Koehler can go wild and NYM has hit him, but he's got great stuff and has slayed the giants at home before so that is an interesting side. The MIA bullpen is enough to hold a late lead, especially against NYM who I still believe can't hit, so that's enough to get involved at home if the money comes in on NYM as the people who missed out on the sweep (or played it) jump in. Another wait and see here…
-TB can't hit either, sounds like everyone, but CHW is woefully bad and really shouldn't give odds to anyone unless Chris Sale is pitching. And even then, that's one of my most successful fades out there so I'm not sure i even agree with that. Quintana has gotten terrible run support all year, which is unlucky, but I prefer the TB bullpen and odds make me play. Gonna see where this one goes, rinse-wash-repeat
-LAA has lost six straight and Richards has been hittable lately, which is maybe why people were so hesitant to say good things about him coming into the year (or the ACL). Kluber's gotten screwed with run support, but he can K everyone if in trouble and is a RHP so that fits nicely with the important LAA bats. Smith and Street worked to get rust off today, which speaks to how bad the team has been lately in big series @HOU and @LAD. They're similar to WAS heading home off a disastrous weekend (extended) and they're solid but I don't really like their team that much. Feel similarly about CLE, too, and Cody Allen took the L today in extras in Oakland so that's not a great sign. He shouldn't have worked Saturday, though, so he should be available if Kluber needs him. Another nice thing about Kluber is he's been terribly unprofitable this year and people realize that so we're probably getting the goods now in August.

I agree with the Mets thoughts. Spot for them to be flat, with the travel and having just swept the biggest series for them in years.

The Mets have a pitcher who would normally be terrible but based on days of the week things are fairly bleak for Miami.
Miami on Monday 1-10
Mets on Monday 8-2
???

This is getting interesting. Colon is 7-0 on Monday last 2 years and the Mets who feast on divisional opponents are 3-16 on the road after a win this season. Miami is 33-49 vs right handers and Koehler is 18-12 after a win this season.

By the way i currently have no idea who to bet on in the Texas game and i am definitely biased toward Houston

By the way i currently have no idea who to bet on in the Texas game and i am definitely biased toward Houston

kudos for the bias, your expectations were much higher than almost everyone on them and it's worked out this year :shake:

This is getting interesting. Colon is 7-0 on Monday last 2 years and the Mets who feast on divisional opponents are 3-16 on the road after a win this season. Miami is 33-49 vs right handers and Koehler is 18-12 after a win this season.

i would think Monday means more for a team than a pitcher, but the NYM home/road record is enough for you to look past that record I'd assume...

Looks like the only real movement last night was WAS getting hit pretty hard in the wee hours and now has fallen back to where it was when i went to bed

The Mets road woes don't matter to me much now that the team actually has real hope and its not just another typical year in met baseball... but its still a bit of a letdown from the sweep

Another hell day for Cleveland and just how well will Felix do in his first start in Colorado. Butler is best on 4 but bad at night and could be dangerous if Mckenery catches

The Mets road woes don't matter to me much now that the team actually has real hope and its not just another typical year in met baseball... but its still a bit of a letdown from the sweep

i really don't think you can compare a team that hasn't been over .500 in what seems like a decade to the one currently tied for 1st place. 38-18 at home and 17-32 on the road is a dramatic difference, too big to overlook

[TABLE="class: tablehead"]
<tbody>[TR="class: oddrow team-10-20"]
[TD="align: left"]COLD TEAMS
27[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Washington[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]237[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]79[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD].203[/TD]
[TD].251[/TD]
[TD].333[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"].584[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-10-11"]
[TD="align: left"]28[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Oakland[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]227[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]45[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]64[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD].198[/TD]
[TD].245[/TD]
[TD].282[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"].527[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-10-28"]
[TD="align: left"]29[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Miami[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]216[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]58[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD].185[/TD]
[TD].254[/TD]
[TD].269[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"].523[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-10-8"]
[TD="align: left"]30[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Milwaukee[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]257[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]52[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]69[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD].202[/TD]
[TD].253[/TD]
[TD].268[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"].521[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

HOT TEAMS:
[TABLE="class: tablehead"]
<tbody>[TR="class: oddrow team-10-10"]
[TD="align: left"]1[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]NY Yankees[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]293[/TD]
[TD]69[/TD]
[TD]90[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]162[/TD]
[TD]67[/TD]
[TD].307[/TD]
[TD].395[/TD]
[TD].553[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"].948[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-10-4"]
[TD="align: left"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Chicago Sox[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]298[/TD]
[TD]49[/TD]
[TD]94[/TD]
[TD]27[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]162[/TD]
[TD]44[/TD]
[TD].315[/TD]
[TD].378[/TD]
[TD].544[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"].922[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-10-27"]
[TD="align: left"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Colorado[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]283[/TD]
[TD]50[/TD]
[TD]81[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]147[/TD]
[TD]48[/TD]
[TD].286[/TD]
[TD].346[/TD]
[TD].519[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"].865[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: evenrow team-10-18"]
[TD="align: left"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Houston[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]232[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]67[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]118[/TD]
[TD]36[/TD]
[TD].289[/TD]
[TD].346[/TD]
[TD].509[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"].855[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: oddrow team-10-2"]
[TD="align: left"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Boston[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]287[/TD]
[TD]54[/TD]
[TD]92[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]137[/TD]
[TD]51[/TD]
[TD].321[/TD]
[TD].369[/TD]
[TD].477[/TD]
[TD="class: sortcell"].847[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

just bet some Blue Jays -1 (-102) live betting. ML -161 and RL +158

Zack Godley is expected to move into a relief role soon as a way to conserve his innings.
Advice: This is Godley first full season as a starter, and he's already thrown 101 1/3 innings after tossing just 55 1/3 frames as a reliever last year. The 25-year-old is likely due for one more start with the big club before Chase Anderson (triceps) returns later this week. "He could be (a reliever) here, maybe he would go to the bullpen in the minor leagues and then come back up sometime in September," Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale said. "But we have to be very careful."

@SportsInsights: David Price's teams (TB, DET, TOR) are now 9-1 in his starts at the Rogers Centre, winning by an average of 4.1 runs per game.

Takin a break for the month of August before football and focusing on my 2 fantasy baseball leagues....good luck all going into the stretch run and Go Royals.

Back