Monday/Tuesday NBA Playoff Discussion

NBAMoney$Maker$

ran out of money
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 width=540 bgColor=#cccccc><TBODY><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA PLAYOFFS - SECOND ROUND
Monday, May 4th
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>05/04
7:35p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>703
704</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> HOUSTON
LA LAKERS</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>197
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>193½
8½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>193½
8 </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>193½
8 </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>05/04
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>705
706</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> ORLANDO
BOSTON</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>189
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>188½
3 </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>188½
2½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>188
2½ </TD></TR><TR><TD class=dataheader width=540 colSpan=10>NBA PLAYOFFS - SECOND ROUND
Tuesday, May 5th
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datasubheaderleft2 width=35>Time</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=40>Gm #</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=120>Team</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=75>Score</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Opener</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>Hilton</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>5Dimes</TD><TD class=datasubheader width=60>ABC Island</TD></TR><TR class=scores-whitebg><TD class=scores-whitebg-left>05/05
5:05p</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg>707
708</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team> ATLANTA
CLEVELAND</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>178
</TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>180
11½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>179½
11½ </TD><TD class=scores-whitebg-right>179½
11½ </TD></TR><TR class=scores-greybg><TD class=scores-greybg-left>05/05
7:35p</TD><TD class=scores-greybg>709
710</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team> DALLAS
DENVER</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team><TABLE padding-left="5"><TBODY><TR><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD><TD> </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-team-bb>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>206
</TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>206
6 </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>205½
6½ </TD><TD class=scores-greybg-right>205½
6½ </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by a moderator:
Think Hou and Atl are just happy to get out of the first round. Expect the Lakers and Cavs to want to make a statement early - hope can be a dangerous thing when you are playing an inferior team. Lakers have been great on extended rest this year (6-1 on 3 or more days rest). Atlanta has been a bad road team all season and very capable of being blown out just like the 1st round games in Boston last season). Really wish under 197 was still available in Hou/Lal. Will be chasing unders in the Clev series.

Gotta figure Houston is too solid of a team to lose both Game 1 and 2 by DDs. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have a chance to steal at least one of them in the last 2 minutes.

Smart move by Artest BTW calling Roy better than Kobe. Now Kobe's gonna smoke him even more than he usually does.

Don't know what to make of the Orl/Bos series. It took Boston 7 games to finish off a young Atlanta team last year, but they were dominant at home in that series. Not the same team we are seeing here as the young Bulls were close every game in Boston. Orlando played 2 pretty impressive games to finish off Philly after not looking so hot early in the series and the last few weeks of the regular season. Not sure Orlando has a closer on its roster.

The Bulls were -15 games on the road this past reg. season, the 76ers -7 games on the road.

knowing that, and being told one would force their 1st round opponent to a 7th game, how many would've said Boston would be that opponent (even w/out KG), brefore they said Orlando?

I venture 2 or 3 out of 10 at best.

Don't know what to make of the Orl/Bos series. It took Boston 7 games to finish off a young Atlanta team last year, but they were dominant at home in that series. Not the same team we are seeing here as the young Bulls were close every game in Boston. Orlando played 2 pretty impressive games to finish off Philly after not looking so hot early in the series and the last few weeks of the regular season. Not sure Orlando has a closer on its roster.

if Perk gets in foul trouble, the Magic could take both in Boston.

...I'm still shocked that Scal is ahead of Mikki Moore on the depth chart

...I think HOU or ATL or maybe both get swept

just heard on the local news that Kobe does have the flu, but is expected to play...

Drama queen.

I think we start seeing the 'Lakers who can consistently win the game, but find surprising ways to not cover the spread' Lakers in this series.

Yes, I think that's coming back.

But I think it gets its worst in the WC Finals. Because they can name their number against Denver and something tells me they'll do just that.

just heard on the local news that Kobe does have the flu, but is expected to play...

Drama queen.

I think we start seeing the 'Lakers who can consistently win the game, but find surprising ways to not cover the spread' Lakers in this series.

Yes, I think that's coming back.

But I think it gets its worst in the WC Finals. Because they can name their number against Denver and something tells me they'll do just that.

Totally agree, Joe. They are just bored now & have to find different ways to be motivated.

:shake:

Agree, seems orlando is playing their best ball now. and a 7 game series with the young, athletic bulls has got to take a toll on some of these older guys like pierce and ray ray. Celts could not dictate the pace as much as they wanted in the series. this team really is not effective in the half-court set without garnett. defense is not the same. gotta be tired from the change in style of play.

7 OT quarters total in the series, plus a pretty long G7 even though it was over in regulation, still had 52 fouls called.gotta think that having to try to run-n-gun with the bulls is gonna take a toll on a couple of these older guys on the celts

While orlando looked like they just needed a couple of games to recover from blowing the 18 point lead in G1, and had their best shooting game in G6 when they actuallly looked like a jumpshooting team without dwight, and gortat had the game of his life lol. but still they have momentum

Want to take orlando for the series but @ +120? not sure the value is there. either way will probably be on ORL ML for G1, seems they catch the celts in a good spot since theyve had the benefit of resting/preparing a bit more and the celts come off a 7 game series and little time to get ready for this game. like orlando here, but you are right. boston finds themselves in a lot of close games and orlando really has no go-to guy or closer. only red flag that stands out but definitely worrisome

Last edited:
ROCKETS

No Rockets player has been around for the last 12 years.
But they all felt it.
It has been inescapable. For 12 years, the Rockets' seasons ended before the second round began. They lost in the 1997 Western Conference Finals, and then lost six-consecutive first-round series. The seven-series losing streak tied the longest in NBA history. Few Rockets players had ever been out of the first round.
Even if they were not a part of that long losing skid, they knew it and they carried it with them until finally breaking through with the first-round win against the Trail Blazers.
"I've been here three years and I can appreciate the frustrations of the city," said Shane Battier, whose nine rebounds matched his career playoff high. "When you go out, you just felt they want a winner so bad here. You feel the frustrations of the last 12 years.
"Even though they didn't really blame us, the guys on the team right now, it will feel good to hang out in the summer and say, 'Hey, this is the start of something really big.'"
For Yao Ming, the burdens of the post-season slump were especially heavy. He had been with the Rockets for seven years, longer than any of his teammates. He had played in three of those first-round losses, and was hurt for another.
Asked how difficult the playoff history was to carry, he let out a long sigh and said, "I cannot give you an example," he said. "I do feel the pressure."
When it was clear that he would finally advance, with only the final few bench-clearing minutes left, he wore a broad smile around the court and raised his fist triumphantly.
"It tasted great when that clock was running down," Yao said. "I still did not believe it was coming true."
ROCKETS 92, TRAIL BLAZERS 76: The Rockets hit the Trail Blazers with a hard second-quarter punch and suddenly they could see the second-round more clearly than they had in all those years trying and failing to get there. There was no way they were going to let it get away from them again. Instead, they grabbed it and held on to it until they could celebrate finally breaking through, ending 12 years of frustration and a seven series post-season losing streak by clinching their first-round series against the Blazers, 4-2. The Rockets led by 15 at halftime and as much as 20 in the third quarter. They never let the Blazers close to fewer than 13 points, ending the series the way it started, with a rout. With that, however, their season will go further than any since 1997, having defeated their own demons as much as the Trail Blazers.
NOTES, QUOTES
—Von Wafer was ruled out for Game 6. He had been tested on Wednesday. A bulging disk was found in his back, causing back spasms. He was out, and listed as day-to-day to play in a Game 7 on Saturday or Game 1 of the next series on Monday.
Wafer, however, would not accept the ruling. He felt better as the afternoon brought him closer to game-time, and then put himself through a strenuous pre-game workout to prove that he was able to play. He was cleared about an hour before tip and played 16 minutes, scoring five points, putting in a key jumper when the Blazers cut an 18-point lead heading into the fourth quarter to 13.
"I felt good in the workout," Wafer said. "It's not really tough. I just want to be out there with my teammates. I was home today. I thought I wouldn't be able to play. I just thought about my teammates. I wanted to be there. I just want to play.
"I think this is Game 7. That's what kind of approach I'm taking into it, like this is Game 7."
—On Wednesday, Rockets guard Ron Artest said that he considered Portland's Brandon Roy to be the finest player he has ever faced. By Thursday, he was not so sure.
This was not, he said because on Wednesday he was heading to another game against Roy and that by Thursday night, Kobe Bryant was up next. He said he was showing respect for Roy hitting him for 42 points in Game 2.
He had already backed off the comment before the Rockets clinched the first-round series and moved on to the second round against the Lakers. When asked on Thursday what makes Roy better than Kobe Bryant, LeBron James or Dwyane Wade, Artest went a different direction.
"I don't know, that was yesterday," Artest said. "This is a new day. I feel I'm the best, so this is a new day.
"He's a good player. He might be better. I don't know. I don't know how to judge who's better. It's not like everyone was taken off their teams for a year and all the role players had to show what they got, so you don't know who is as important to their team. There's no secret he's a good player."
In an interview with TNT on Wednesday, Artest said, "Roy is probably the best player I've played against. To me, he is the best shooting guard. Not on defense now; defense is kind of suspect. He's the best player I've played against."
QUOTE TO NOTE: "I know it's been a long time coming. I've only been here three years, but you feel the frustrations of the fans here and they love a winner here. We are glad that we could get a win for them. This one is for the fans and the people of Houston." — Shane Battier.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Aaron Brooks, Shooting guard Ron Artest, Small forward Shane Battier, Power forward Luis Scola, Center Yao Ming. Bench — Guard Kyle Lowry, Guard Von Wafer, Forward Carl Landry.
PLAYER NOTES:
—C Yao Ming was solid on both ends of the court from start to finish, scoring 17 points with 10 rebounds, two assists and two blocked shots.
—G Aaron Brooks came back from a poor Game 5, scoring 13 points with five rebounds and two assists and without a turnover. In the series six games, Brooks had a 4.5 to 1.1 assists to turnover ratio.
—G Ron Artest had by far his best offensive game of the series, scoring 12 points in the first quarter to set an early tone and finishing with 27 points, one shy of his career playoff high. He made 11 of 21 shots in 39 minutes.

LAKERS

The Lakers are giving their fans reason to complain, even as they keep winning.
In all five games against Utah in the opening round of the playoffs, the Lakers had problems holding big leads. They won all but one of those games, but this was an issue for them in the regular season, too.
"It was a good learning experience," Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic said. "We keep saying that it's a learning experience, but we have to take care of that and play a little bit smarter."
The Lakers led by 22 points late in the third quarter of Game 5 against Utah on Monday night at Staples Center. But even with Jazz guard Deron Williams sitting out in favor of Ronnie Price, the Jazz rallied and trailed, 95-89, when Williams came back to replace Ronnie Brewer.
The Lakers held on and won by 11 points, but they are aware it didn't look so good.
"It's time to go back to school and get better from our mistakes," Lakers guard Shannon Brown said.
LAKERS 107, JAZZ 96: The Lakers' efforts at refocusing on the backboards paid off again: They out-rebounded Utah, 50-43, and proved that what happened in Game 3 (Utah had 55 rebounds to the Lakers' 40) could be changed. Lamar Odom had 15 rebounds as the Lakers ended the series in five games.
NOTES, QUOTES
—F Lamar Odom, who joined the starting lineup in place of ineffective C Andrew Bynum, scored 26 points and grabbed 15 rebounds. In the series, Bynum averaged 5.0 points and 3.0 rebounds.
—Coach Phil Jackson's record in the opening round of the playoffs now stands at an amazing 52-16 (.765).
—Actor Dustin Hoffman showed off some classic comic timing when appearing during Staples Center's celebrities-in-the-stands video-monitor montage and tried to act as if it were the "Kiss Me" cam.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "Probably a hundred times better than we did this round." — Trevor Ariza, when asked how much harder the Lakers need to play in Round 2.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Derek Fisher, Shooting guard Kobe Bryant, Small forward Trevor Ariza, Power forward Lamar Odom, Center Pau Gasol. Bench — Center Andrew Bynum, Forward Luke Walton, Guard Sasha Vujacic, Guard Jordan Farmar, Guard Shannon Brown, Forward Josh Powell, Center DJ Mbenga.
PLAYER NOTES:
—F Luke Walton has a partially torn deltoid ligament in his left ankle and is out at least a week, at which time he'll be re-evaluated.
—F Adam Morrison replaced Luke Walton on the active roster for Game 5 against Utah but didn't play in the first three quarters.
—G Kobe Bryant said he learned his lesson from the Lakers' Game 3 loss, saying he'll be more aggressive with his individual offense from now on.
MEDICAL WATCH:
—G Jordan Farmar (foot) is working through tendinitis in his right foot.

both road teams for game 1s for matchups
lol at when perkins gets into foul trouble- as everyone does guarding dwight. then they goto triple teaaming dwight. Orlando is a great road team, so doubt HCA is huge in this series

HOUSTON CHRONICLE

May 3 3:52 pm ET

Kobe Bryant missed Sunday's practice with a sore throat and is listed as day-to-day, according to a Lakers spokesman.
Kobe is considered a game-time decision, but it's very hard to imagine him missing a playoff game with a sore throat.

MAGIC

The Magic will take some much needed momentum into the second round of the NBA playoffs next week.
After a rough start in the playoffs — falling behind Philadelphia 2-1 in the first round — the Magic will get plenty of rest now as they wait for the winner of the thrilling, Chicago-Boston series.
Without starters Dwight Howard and Courtney Lee, the Magic stomped the Sixers in Philadelpia to win Game 6 and their first round series.
Without Howard to dominate inside the Magic got contributions from most everyone else on the roster, which should help them in the second round against whichever team they play.
"Everyone had to play well, and everyone did," said guard J.J. Redick, who got his first playoff start in place of Lee. "This should help us as we move forward."
Howard was serving a suspension for the elbow he threw at Sixers center Samuel Dalembert. Lee was out after surgery to repair a fractured sinus cavity, an injury he sustained in Game 5 when he was hit in the head by Howard.
This will be the second consecutive year the Magic have reached the second round. A year ago, they beat Toronto in the first round, but they lost badly to Detroit in the second round. They have not been past the second round since 1996, the last year in Orlando for Shaquille O'Neal.
If Boston becomes their opponent, the second round will start on the road. If Chicago is the opponent, the series will start in Orlando.
MAGIC 114, SIXERS 89: Rashard Lewis came through with one of the biggest games in his two years with the Magic, carrying his team to a series-clinching victory in the absence of Dwight Howard. The Magic advanced to the second round of the playoffs. Lewis had 29 points, seven rebounds and five assists, doing it all without making a single three-point shot. With Howard serving a one-game suspension, the Magic won the series 4-2. Rafer Alston had 21 points and 10 assists. Marcin Gortat, starting at center in place of Howard, had 11 points and 15 rebounds.
NOTES, QUOTES
—Rashard Lewis was as happy as anyone to win Game 6 and avoid a Game 7 on Saturday. Now he can concentrate Saturday on the Kentucky Derby, where he has a horse named Join in the Dance entered. It will be his first Kentucky Derby, and he has owned the horse for two years.
—When the Magic scored 114 points in Game 6, it was the first time in 12 games — including five in the post season — that they broke the 100-point mark. They had been in an offensive slump, but playing without their leading scorer (Dwight Howard) may have awakened them.
—Dwight Howard wasn't allowed at the arena Thursday night — serving his suspension — but he was in Philadelphia, watching the game from the team hotel. He was able to participate in the morning practice, offering advice to Marcin Gortat.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "This was one of the best wins I've ever been a part of." — Coach Stan Van Gundy, after the Game 6 victory.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters —Point guard Rafer Alston, Shooting guard J.J. Redick, Small forward Hedo Turkoglu, Power forward Rashard Lewis, Center Marcin Gortat. Bench — Guard Mickael Pietrus, Guard Anthony Johnson, Center-Forward Tony Battie.
PLAYER NOTES:
—G Courtney Lee underwent surgery Thursday to repair a fractured sinus cavity, the injury he sustained in Game 5 when Dwight Howard accidentally hit him in the face while trying to block a shot.
—C Marcin Gortat may have used his first playoff start to help propel his bid for a big contract this summer. Gortat, now in his second season, becomes a free agent this summer, hoping to land something more than the minimum for which he has played. Gortat played well, showing he is more than an average backup center. With 11 points and 15 rebounds, he was active at both ends. He started three regular season games this season in place of Dwight Howard, and the Magic won all three.
—G J.J. Redick hit five three-pointers, the most for him this season, in his first playoff start. He missed only two.

CELTICS

Kevin Garnett was on the Celtics' bench for Game 7 Saturday ... wearing a fine suit. And he's not expected to be wearing sneakers when the Celts take on Orlando to start their conference semifinal series Monday.
There had been rumors he would come back from his strained right knee to make his first appearance of the playoffs with the Celtics' season on the line, but, according to team sources, it was never a real possibility.
The Celts have grown tired of the queries about Garnett even though they opened themselves up to such talk by asking him to put off knee surgery until after the playoffs.
Asked about these latest rumors, general manager Danny Ainge moved quick to deny them.
"All I'm going to say is that I don't expect him back," Ainge said.
Before Game 7, Ray Allen was asked by a Chicago writer if Garnett would be back for the series finale.
"You must be one of those conspiracy theorists," Allen said with a smile. "Personally, I don't know anything. I see Kev every day. I know he gets his workouts in. I know he's anxious. He's excited. He's still got that same fire. But as far as what I know, everything is what it is, and what I see is him being in a suit, which I don't like."
CELTICS 109, BULLS 99: Ray Allen had 23 points and Kendrick Perkins chipped in 14 points and 13 rebounds Saturday night in Boston as the Celtics dodged the Bulls in Game 7.
The C's trailed by as many as eight points in the opening quarter, but Eddie House had six of his 16 points in the second quarter and the Bulls were held to 21.4 percent shooting in the period. As a result, the Celts took the period by a 29-11 count for a 52-39 halftime lead.
Ben Gordon had nine of his 33 points in the last quarter as Chicago got as close as three, but the Celtics were able to hold on.
Looking at the key second period, coach Doc Rivers said, "Well, we turned into the Celtics again. We started playing defense, getting stops. And when we got the stops, we could run."
NOTES, QUOTES
—Tommy Heinsohn was courtside Thursday when the Celts fell to the Bulls in triple overtime, and he was on the bench coaching the C's in their last postseason triple-OT game — the famed win over the Suns in Game 5 of the 1976 NBA Finals.
"Just like in this series here, I remember some unbelievable shots," said Heinsohn as he looked back 33 years. "I can remember (Phoenix's Paul) Westphal doing a couple of 360's on layups. I mean, that was new to me.
"Then you have Ben Gordon and Ray Allen knocking down 3's and Paul Pierce putting the team on his shoulders in this series."
Neither triple overtime ranks with the top contest Heinsohn witnessed. His first choice is a game he played in.
"The best game I ever saw played was the double-overtime game against St. Louis for the first Celtic championship," he said of the 125-123 win over the Hawks in 1957. "It was the seventh game of the Finals. I mean, that was for everything. The triple-overtime that I coached was the fifth game. This thing here was the sixth game and wasn't even in the Finals. But you have to say this has been a classic series because of all the close games."
—Rajon Rondo might want to rethink any offseason vacation plans he had for Chicago. Bulls fans got on his case, booing him every time he touched the ball after he hit Brad Miller in the face in Game 5 and threw Kirk Hinrich into the scorer's table in Game 6.
"Move on from that stuff," said coach Doc Rivers. "That's just basketball, and we have to focus on basketball. We have to understand that there are hard fouls in the game. We've been the recipient of quite a few ourselves. You have to have the mental toughness to play through that, and that's just the league in general. That's just the way it is. We're not going to change our stripes.
"I played for a team in New York that would laugh at this. I don't know if we are that physical. We're aggressive."
QUOTE TO NOTE: "We were comfortable coming into our building for a Game 7. Definitely the experience helped from being there before." — Paul Pierce.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Rajon Rondo, Shooting guard Ray Allen, Small forward Paul Pierce, Power forward Glen Davis, Center Kendrick Perkins. Bench — Guard Eddie House, Guard-Forward Tony Allen, Forward Brian Scalabrine, Center Mikki Moore, Guard Stephon Marbury.
PLAYER NOTES:
—G Eddie House went 5-for-5 from the floor (4-for-4 on treys). He had scored a total of 24 points over the previous six games in the series.
—G Rajon Rondo was not feeling well in Game 7, but he managed seven points and 11 assists in 38 minutes. He averaged 19.4 points, 9.3 rebounds and 11.6 assists for the series.
—G Tony Allen did not play Saturday. Before the game, he verbally attacked a Boston Globe reporter who had written about the death threats Allen received in Chicago.

When is Courtney lee expected to be back? I bet Orlando to win this series at -110 for a unit. I did it now as I could easily see Orlando going home 1-1 at least.
As far as game 1 goes, Dwight should be pissed off from getting suspended and there's no one on Boston to intimidate him like KG did (unless KG yells from the bench which still could happen). Orlando's struggles with Philly were more of injury issues imo as shard and hedo got injured at the end of the season. Hedo played like shit to his standards all series long while

Shard:
game 1: 5-11- 15 pts
2: 4-14- 16 pts
3: 5-13- 14 pts
4: 6-15- 17 pts
5: 9-16 -24 pts
6: 11-22- 29 pts

really progressed probably playing through the injury. Now was Hedo's shittiness a product of his injury or having to defend Iguodala? Probably a bit of both, and he wont catch a break having to go against Pierce. However, Shard not only seems to be getting healthier, but he gets a much better matchup. He made his season taking the mismatch with 4s guarding him. Thad is a 3/4 tweener like him that was able to keep up, but Davis is not. Rondo should further his excellence and that really worries me as that is a HUGE mismatch at the 1, so my Orlando bet is hoping that Dwight takes advantage of the mismatch. Philly had Dalembert and Ratliff to throw at him and he still abused them. I dont think Big Baby, Perkins, Scal, and Moore on Dwight's back could stop him from getting 20-20 this series. Think this one is Orlando in 6/7. yes- I say they have a decent shot at winning a game 7 in boston

Magic guard Courtney Lee (fractured sinus) has been medically cleared to play but will likely miss at least the first two games of the second round.
Lee had plates inserted last Thursday to repair fractures in his sinus cavity. He will have to determine whether he can handle contact and is expected to wear a protective mask for the rest of the playoffs, all thanks to an errant elbow from teammate Dwight Howard. May. 2 - 12:50 pm et

Gotta figure Houston is too solid of a team to lose both Game 1 and 2 by DDs. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have a chance to steal at least one of them in the last 2 minutes.

Smart move by Artest BTW calling Roy better than Kobe. Now Kobe's gonna smoke him even more than he usually does.
I can almost guarantee that Artest at some point in series will get thrown out for pushing/hitting Kobe after frustration kicks in. He's a ticking time bomb.

At the conclusion of the C's/Magic game...

- only 1 of the last 33 playoff games has had both competing teams top 100 points in regulation.

- The last 26 games not involving Chicago are 21-5 to Under.

At the conclusion of the Lakers/Rockets game...

- only 1 of the last 34 playoff games has had both competing teams top 100 points in regulation.

- The last 27 games not involving Chicago are 22-5 to Under.

In Cavs game i would play 1H under cuz Cavs might a bit rusty in 1st Q, in 3 of 4 meetings this season under was the 1Hs result ( 3-1 O/U in whole game), what concerns me is Dick(head) Bavetta and Steve Javie (dont know him well but have heard something not good...)

O 197 (1st game this season)
O 187.5 (2nd)
U 190 (3rd)
O 186 (4th)

so why is the total so low for tonights game? it opened at 178 ......8points below last time they played in Cleveland and that game went even over by 12points...i'm smelling ugly game with brick fest

The total is low because of the shitfests ATL had w/MIA combined with the Cavs reputatuion. That overwhelms any 1st round series total results the Cavs put up (O/U 2-2) or reg. season results between the 2. And the fact that the playoffs have been under bound for nearly 2 weeks doesnt help matters.

Back