MIL o8
SD u6.5
BAL o7.5
OAK u8
NYM +110

on the radar:
SF +115

Reminder for everyone...

The Dodgers have not lost back-to-back games in 2 months...last time was June 20/21.

Guesses:
PHI -125/9.5
CIN -155/8.5o20
MIA +135/6.5
CHC +125
MIL +140/9
SD +115/6o20
BAL +105/8.5u20
TEX -300/9.5 (made with Lyles)
OAK -175/8u15
LAA -145/8u20
MIN -110/8.5
SF +130/7.5

leans:
PHI o9
MIA u6.5
CHC +125
MIL o8
SD u6.5
BAL o7.5
OAK u8
NYM +110

on the radar:
SF +115

Updated leans:
PHI o9
CHC +119
MIL o8
BAL +121/o7.5
OAK u8

Locked in from last night:
Pittsburgh-San Diego UNDER 6.5 (-107)
-Grabbed last night pre-umpire, which is something I don't like to do. Liriano is finally backable in my eyes for the first time in 5 years (which probably means he gets shelled), but I don't think the Padres can hit him. Cashner has the stuff and the Pirates are struggling plus PetCo is a place where homeruns go to die.

Pirates on road - 30-29
Padres at home - 33-29

Pirates OPS vs. righties .697
Padres OPS vs. lefties .739

Liriano ERA on road: 3.57
Cashner ERA at home: 2.51

I will take plus money.

Mets look good in the early game. Gibson is dogshit= 6+ ERA, WHIP 1.6+ always gives up at least 3, never goes for more than 5 maybe 6 at times. Gee is a solid pitcher and pretty reliable.. I like the Mets in the early game.

Gee's road #s are just as bad as Gibson give or take. Minny huge advantage lineup wise too. Mets off tough loss letting down their ace once again.

Fishy line to say the least. My gut says this kid actually lives up to the hype today vs a terrible lineup.

Mets host braves tomorrow. Twins go to detroit. Id say this game matters to neither team.

I think I figured out why the line is what it is... Twins win 60% of their games vs teams below .500. Producing almost 20
units of profit. Mets not even .500 vs sub .500 teams. Gee is better than this kid though but I think he builds off a decent effort last game out.

Nationals -120 is a very solid investment for Monday..

The Cubs are a very cold baseball team right now.. In their last 7 games they are batting .196 with a SLG% of .263, it doesn't get much worse than that. Cubs avg less than 3 runs per game during this span. Cubs have scored 1 run in the last 21 innings.

Washington has hit .280 in their last 7 games.

Cubs pitcher Samardzija hasn't been that great lately
5.28 ERA in July
9+ in August

Batters hitting .302 vs him since July 1st.

He also prefers to pitch on the road, @ Home he has a 4.95 ERA and .272 OPP BA. He hasn't performed well @ wrigley.

He gave up 4 runs and 4 walks in his last start, prior to that he got rocked for 9 runs and 11 hits and couldn't even get to the 4th inning. Game before that we walked 5, this guy is not going good right now.

National hitters in 94 AB's have a .750 OPS vs Sammy.

Last time vs Wash
5 IP 7 R 5 ER

Zimmerman is pitching for the Nationals, not George Zimmerman but Jordan.
He has great history vs the Cubs, in 75 AB's the current Cubs roster has hit .182 vs him. .575 OPS.

Zimmerman is a great pitcher, 1.09 WHIP on the season.. ERA barely above 3.
He's in great form too, 3 straight QS and an ERA sitting at 1.59 in the month of August.

Nationals should get this done.

Some may want to put a little on Wash first five innings in case the Nats BP fucks shit up. But the Nats should win this game.

This is a good one
smile.png

Also remember how the O's struggle vs lefties..

Price is a pretty good lefty.

Nationals -120 is a very solid investment for Monday..

The Cubs are a very cold baseball team right now.. In their last 7 games they are batting .196 with a SLG% of .263, it doesn't get much worse than that. Cubs avg less than 3 runs per game during this span. Cubs have scored 1 run in the last 21 innings.

Washington has hit .280 in their last 7 games.

Cubs pitcher Samardzija hasn't been that great lately
5.28 ERA in July
9+ in August

Batters hitting .302 vs him since July 1st.

He also prefers to pitch on the road, @ Home he has a 4.95 ERA and .272 OPP BA. He hasn't performed well @ wrigley.

He gave up 4 runs and 4 walks in his last start, prior to that he got rocked for 9 runs and 11 hits and couldn't even get to the 4th inning. Game before that we walked 5, this guy is not going good right now.

National hitters in 94 AB's have a .750 OPS vs Sammy.

Last time vs Wash
5 IP 7 R 5 ER

Zimmerman is pitching for the Nationals, not George Zimmerman but Jordan.
He has great history vs the Cubs, in 75 AB's the current Cubs roster has hit .182 vs him. .575 OPS.

Zimmerman is a great pitcher, 1.09 WHIP on the season.. ERA barely above 3.
He's in great form too, 3 straight QS and an ERA sitting at 1.59 in the month of August.

Nationals should get this done.

Some may want to put a little on Wash first five innings in case the Nats BP fucks shit up. But the Nats should win this game.

This is a good one
smile.png

all that and the cubs are getting 17 cents and falling?

MLB Baseball Betting Trends for Monday, August 19, 2013
National League
Colorado at Philadelphia, 7:05 ET
Manship: Rockies 6-14 SU in 2013 road series openers
Martin: Over is 9-3 in last 12 home series openers for Phillies

Arizona at Cincinnati, 7:10 ET
Delgado: Diamondbacks 6-13 SU in first game of a 2013 road series
Arroyo: Reds 14-5 SU in home series openers in 2013

Los Angeles Dodgers at Miami, 7:10 ET
Ryu: Dodgers have won their last eight road series openers
Fernandez: Under is 9-3 in Fernandez's last 12 starts

IRON HORSE 10* MLB FIELD PASS (31 Days of Baseball)
Swing for the fences this MLB season. Carlo Campanella comes off another PROFITABLE Football season and is called "The Iron Horse" for his profitable winning streaks. If you're looking to INVEST and build your bankroll rather than just gamble this Baseball season, his "Field Pass" is what you need...You'll get EVERY MLB PICK he makes for a FULL MONTH (31 Days) and SAVE BIG!
Washington at Chicago Cubs, 8:05 ET
Zimmermann: Under is 4-1 in last five road openers for Nationals
Samardzija: Cubs 4-9 SU when Samardzija starts at home in 2013

St. Louis at Milwaukee, 8:10 ET
Miller: Cardinals 2-7 SU in last nine road series openers
Estrada: Under is 7-2 in last nine home series openers for Brewers

Pittsburgh at San Diego, 10:10 ET
Liriano: Over is 5-2 in last seven Pirates road series openers
Cashner: Padres 7-3 SU in first game of a 2013 home series that continues a homestand

American League
Tampa Bay at Baltimore, 7:05 ET
Price: Rays 4-1 SU last five road starts for Price
Tillman: Orioles 1-5 SU in last six home starts for Tillman

Houston at Texas, 8:05 ET
Lyles: Astros 6-23 SU when Lyles starts on the road
Garza: Last five home series openers for Rangers have gone Under

Schule's Prime Time Punisher ~ An ABSOLUTE MONSTER
They call him the ICEMAN, but in recent days it's been his MLB Plays that have been paying the bills. Jesse is an AMAZING +114 Wins OVER .500 Since January with all plays in all sports. He's also a SIZZLIN' 29-9-1 with his last 39 complimentary MLB plays. If you want to make some money at the ballpark on Sunday .. come see THE ICEMAN!
Seattle at Oakland, 10:05 ET
Harang: Mariners 1-7 SU when Harang starts on the road
Parker: Athletics' 7-3 SU in Parker's last 10 home starts

Cleveland at Los Angeles Angels, 10:05 ET
Salazar: Indians 3-9 SU in last 12 road series openers
Weaver: Under is 10-1 last 11 times Weaver has started a home series opener after team lost in previous outing

Interleague
New York Mets at Minnesota, 2:10 ET
Gee: Under is 4-1 in last five day starts for Gee
Gibson: Twins 1-6 SU in last home day games

Ben Burns' Monthly **ALL SPORTS** Subscription Package (ALL INCLUSIVE)
Many handicappers make claims of being the best. Ben Burns lets his documented records do the talking for him. Indeed, Ben is widely recognized as one of the strongest and most consistent handicappers in the world. Get EVERY PLAY that that the All-Time Documented Champion releases for an entire month. Enough said.
Boston at San Francisco, 10:15 ET ESPN2
Lester: Under is 8-1 in last nine Red Sox road series openers
Lincecum: Giants 2-7 SU in last nine home series openers

Gibson already taken out.. Mets should have 6+ runs..

Probably the last time we see Gibson this season.

I like Wash too Gyno. They have played well of late outside of playing Braves (which they have a 1 run loss curse against)

Zimmmermann isn't in the best of form, but the NOtre Dame guy is much worse.

Hes in pretty good form.. 1.59 ERA in August.

Not really concerned about ERA, I've watched every start of his. (tho era of 7.18 in July)

His August starts: (12 k/8 BB) is not a very good ratio

6 IP vs. Mil (100 pitches) 4 bb, 5 k, 4 doubles given up. Feel he was very fortunate to not give up any runs in this one.
4 IP vs. Atl (88 pitches) 2 bb, 5k 7 hits only 3 groundball vs. 11 flyballs and 6 line drives Pulled after only 4.
7 IP vs. SF (112 pitches) 6 hits, 2 bb, 2 k. Was almost pulled in the 4th, but got out of a bases loaded jam and got into a groove.

His K/BB ratio of 1.5 is lowest on the year (usually been around 4ish) Giving up a hit an inning in August. Whip of 1.48

Agree on Zimmerman having a pretty poor year and looking bad in general last few months. He's very fortunate to not have gotten rocked more.

Agree on Zimmerman having a pretty poor year and looking bad in general last few months. He's very fortunate to not have gotten rocked more.

Wouldnt call it a poor year, he was awesome to start. I agree with you and dollaz that's he's been scuffling lately and I like the cubs

Yeah, he's had a very good year. Just struggled in July and has labored through August. But, he hasn't struggled as much as Smardjia and the Nats are quietly playing fairly well when not playing the Braves. (and when Soriano isn't pitching)

He has owned the cubs lineup..

Cubs are cold as ice right now..

I think he will be just fine today vs a shitty lineup..

Anyone put any weight on the Red Sox traveling cross country and playing tonight across 3 time zones in SF?

Anyone put any weight on the Red Sox traveling cross country and playing tonight across 3 time zones in SF?

Lester and peavy left Sunday afternoon I heard, potentially with the bats

add
St. Louis-Milwaukee OVER 8 (-110)
-Had the over in Shelby Miller's last start, which would have gotten there if the Cards bats hadn't taken the night off. Miller just hasn't been sharp lately and while Estrada has I don't see that continuing. He's a long reliever at best and those are the guys I try to find overs with at every opportunity. Tim McClelland rumored to be behind the plate, so before the move I jumped in as I expect a StL win thus requiring three more outs from the pitchers. A small park with the roof open can't hurt either.

Red sox series pitchers flew out early yesterday,, players flew out this morning.. 9:20 est flight

Depleted lineup for the Halos (in addition to Pujols, no Trout tonight), obv Weaver on the hill... Anyone else looking at the under in Anaheim?

Cubs lineup so hit or miss. Certainly have some young guys capable of getting it going on some nights. Seems like they all have it or they all don't.

Man Puig certainly needs to get bitch slapped. This guy behaves like a child. This exile needs someone on his team to set him straight.

I missed it... What happened?

Struck out swinging but was clearly pissed off about something...likely the borderline called strike earlier in the at bat (was a strike, btw). He said something to Hirschbeck and John took off his mask and said something back (likely to go sit down in the dugout). Then he went and threw a tantrum in the dugout. He's lucky it was Hirschbeck and not someone like Davidson or Bucknor 'cause he definitely woulda been tossed.

Back