Monday Props Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Props For Monday World Cup Games

Monday’s soccer betting card offers three apparent mismatches. Read on for a guide of how to profit from them.

Sweden plays South Korea at 8:00 ET.

Sweden will play without its star scorer, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who retired from international football. Sweden backers are trying desperately to interpret his absence as a positive thing, claiming that Sweden is more balanced. Sweden definitely is more balanced, but still missing reliable talent. Its top player is probably Emil Forsberg, who is cultivating a reputation as a playmaker because he was very strong a couple years ago in the German Bundesliga. But he only mustered two goals and two assists in the last season. The Swedes have showed poor scoring form, mustering zero goals in its final three international friendlies against Romania, Denmark, and, most recently, Peru.

South Korea has become the new Sweden. The Koreans rely strongly on Heung-min Son, who produced 12 goals for Tottenham in the English Premiere League. Son is being asked to assume a degree of responsibility that he is not accustomed to on a stage that he is likewise not accustomed to. Conversely, the Swedes demonstrated strong defense in their qualifiers. Just ask the Italians, who they shut out over two legs in order to qualify.

Bet365 offers a number of props that aim at a low-scoring game. You can get an alternative „under“ 1.5, 2.0 at 2.100.

Belgium plays Panama at 11 ET.

Belgium will miss two crucial defenders, Vincent Company and Thomas Vermaelen. But that won’t matter for this game because the Belgians are squaring off with an offensively challenged Panama squad that entered into the World Cup for the first time ever. Panama, which is one of the weakest teams in this tournament, carried a negative goal difference through qualifications. So even an injured Belgium back line will evince a massive talent differential. Not to mention Panama won’t see much possession with Belgium’s midfield, led by the likes of Eden Hazard, who is in great form despite suffering a minor injury in his last friendly, and Kevin De Bruyne, both of whom play for top clubs in the English Premiere League.

The key here is motivation. Given that the Belgians will want to win their group and given that both they and England will beat Panama and Tunisia, the winner of this group could very well come down to goal differential. Belgium will dictate by how many goals they win this game and with healthy and experienced prowess up front, they should score a lot of goals. Also look out for Romelu Lukaku, who scored 16 goals in 34 appearances in his prior season in England.

In expectation of a Belgium romp, look for Belgium -2 at Bet365 at 2.070 odds. For Romelu Lukaku to score at any time, you can get 1.61 odds.

England plays Tunisia to wrap up the day at 2 ET.

This is another match-up in which teams face each other who are on two completely different planes of talent and prestige. To make things even more unbalanced, Tunisia will miss its top scorer, Youssef Msakni, to injury.

Despite the difference in talent, bettors should expect a completely different result from Belgium - Panama. For one, England lacks tournament experience. A lot of young players will occupy key offensive roles, although their embarrassing turnout in the 2016 European Cup, in which they were upset by Iceland, comprises the largest part of their experience. Striker Harry Kane, for example, has yet to replicate his domestic success on the international stage. Kane has zero tournament goals for England.

There is one English player who did make a difference when he finally entered the match against Iceland because of his explosiveness on the pitch. He has also, despite his youth, impressed in friendlies—for example with an incredible goal in England’s final preparation against Costa Rica. That player is Marcus Rashford. You can get solid odds for him to score at any time, Bet365 is offering 2.60.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tunisia will likely park the bus without much chance of winning without its star player. The Tunisians are the highest-ranking African team in the World Cup and boast a stifling defense. In their recent friendly against Spain, the Tunisians showed their toughness and held Spain to zero goals until the 84th minute. This game could likewise end up 1-0 and there are different ways of deriving profit from that prediction. You can get England to win by one goal at 3.20 odds at Bet365.

I thought I was going to be able to do this tonight so my editors were like WE NEED THIS NOW. So I really rushed on this. But hopefully still some interesting info and Tuesday's should be better :) Also gotta figure out how to convert those dang English odds, I am mathematically challenged.

subtract 1 from english odds cuz that's your risk and then your return is whatever is left

where do you find the qualification results? I had a hell of a time finding them in a place where i could switch between teams quickly

subtract 1 from english odds cuz that's your risk and then your return is whatever is left

where do you find the qualification results? I had a hell of a time finding them in a place where i could switch between teams quickly

So 3.20 is +220?

Back