Monday play

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Spurs (-3.5) (1.99 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

The Spurs have managed to win game 3 and there are no doubts they still have the upper hand when their matchup with the Suns is concerned. The whole thing is heating up as Amare called out the Spurs as a "dirty team", these guys will be fired up to go 3-1 up and not give HCA back to Arizona run and gun show.
I'm fading a serious trend here, the Suns have managed to get a split on the road whenever they needed since D'Antoni arrived, with sole exception being the series with the Lakers a few years ago.
I know I said this series could come down to game 7, and it still could, but I can't close my eyes in front of this mini spread here.
If the Spurs win, they should cover. If you think the Suns have a shot here, take a stab at the ML, don't mess with the points, as I really don't see this one coming down to these couple of points. Either a DD Spurs win (or near) or a +5 (or more) Suns win. Messing with the points takes away the value for Suns backers.
However, I won't be one. The Spurs have shown they still have one too many weapons, whether D'Antoni double teams TD or not, the Spurs have far more offensive plays to rely on than the Suns. The story hasn't changed much compared to recent seasons, the Spurs are still a team that can shift the tempo and the Suns are still relying on fast breaks and scoring runs as their main weapon. The Spurs are winning the battle on the backcourt, judging from the first three games, and they have Duncan inside, which gives them an extra spark, something Suns can't solve regardless of how they guard him.

Undecided on the other game, initial lean was Cleveland but I think the Nets take this one in a thriller. Won't touch it.

Good luck tonight guys.:cheers:

Exactly. First of I don't believe in must win or must not win situations. Secondly, I layed off because of the reasons I presented in your MDF thread. I wasn't sure how Spurs will readapt, and they had some troubles at first, but it rolled nicely afterwards.

As I said, I don't believe in must win situations, after all, this isn't a must win situation for the Suns. They lose this one, win next one, it's 2-3. THEN they HAVE to win.

Also as I mentioned, if you think the value is on the Suns merely because they "have to win", then take a stab at the ML rather than the points. 3.5 points will hardly make any difference tonight if you ask me.

GL.

smh12; yep, we still have that privilege here in Europe :D.

DJFadeAway, what can I say man, I've had my share of fading them this year as much as any (see Detroit game in February), but I can't fade them now. I'm not saying Phoenix can't win, I'm saying I don't believe they will.

If there's value on the other side of the Spurs game I would take it, but 3.5?

The bookies still disrespect SA, after all they gave us 2.32 on Spurs to advance prior to game 1.

GL Satyr, I'm with you, wondering if you have any lean on the O/U, I think it's gonna be a tough game with the Suns NOT hitting over 50% from 3, just curious

ATL, I do have a lean and it's under. Once again. I think we could see a game with both teams failing to reach century mark.

GL :cheers:

Ally GL :shake: :cheers:

Back