Monday picks

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
-------------------------------
45 W-1 V-38 L +20.24 units
-------------------------------

Spurs (-7,5) (1.97 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

Had this one at 8,5 but doesn't matter much, since I think Spurs will take this one with double digits. The Raptors are coming to Texas on a winning streak, taking 4 out of last 5 and 8 out of last 10 matches. However, their schedule allowed them to take advantages of good form and handed some easier opponents to them, apart from beating the Lakers (in Toronto) and Bulls (in Chicago) they've faced teams like LA Clippers, Orlando, Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando (with a few of their players sidelined), and lost to Cleveland and Detroit.
I'm not saying the Raptors can only beat lowly rated teams, but after such a huge winning streak, and mostly coasting on the East, there is a good chance this is a letdown spot for Canada's finest.
The Spurs are rolling again, after going 1-4 at the start of the rodeo trip prior to the all star break, the Spurs managed to win 5 straight and cover all of them in the process.
The Raptors have never had any success in San Antonio, I don't think that should change tonight, matchup wise Spurs should take this one since they have a lot of players that used to play in Europe and know how to defend against Bargnani and Calderon, especially Parker should take advantage over the Spaniard.

Spurs are clicking on all cylinders right now, it's not just Duncan and Parker who stepped up:

Manu Ginobili is averaging 19.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.5 assists in 11 games since he was moved to the bench.
Robert Horry scored 17 against Seattle, Barry jumped in against Atlanta, Francisco Elson has improved since becoming a starter over Oberto, these guys are playing very well right now and are not a good fading material. The Raptors have a tough Texas trip coming up and I just don't see them having a big game tonight.

The only play I like for tonight (for now at least).

I'm afraid the Nuggets will be a popular pick, not a huge fan of that especially since they haven't been a team to trust lately, and Memphis at home aren't going to give it up easily.

I was considering the Lakers in SLC but this one is a bit iffy, not willing to take a gamble on Deron/Okur/AK's status and a few on the other side as well. Looking at the under here.

Knicks without Lee lose the energy and hustle on the boards, not a fan of taking them here, not even against Wade-less Heat.

Chicago - Orlando and Houston - Boston are set pretty well I think, not going to wait to see who covers in the end, should end up around the set numbers. Windy City under looks solid, so far my biggest lean.

Clippers are severely undermanned but if Emeka and Wallace won't be playing I'm not touching this one, even though +8,5 looks enticing.

That's it guys.
good luck with the plays. :cheers: :smiley_acbe:

what do you think about the over in this game? I really feel like both teams will be able to put up points on each other.

blownaway the only concern here is Spurs playing D the way they did in last couple of games. But Spurs should score a lot so might go over. :shake:

GL Frankie :cheers:

Im thinking the same.....and Toronto seems to get most of their shots off with plenty of time on the shotclock as well as they shoot a high %...so

What if He-Man was running the point?:smiley_acbe:

He would chop off someone's head. :smiley_acbe: Nah, he's a good guy. Probably skeletor would try to invade the arena and He Man would stop him, while scoring 58 points in the process, his team winning 59-54, you know how cartoons are.:smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe: :smiley_acbe:

WAIT A SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obertoembaspurs.jpg

He-man.jpg

:new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

I think we have a winner guys. 'an_horse'

:an_roll_laugh: :dance3:

chalk and satyr should get marry

Last edited by a moderator:
Back