Monday Night

ljc_267

Mister NSFW
Well ended up juicing out yesterday. The Bears collapse assured a break even day for me, them Bastards. Anyway, I see that a lot of guys are going with the Pats laying the monster number on the road. I guess I can see where you are coming from, the Pats have been stellar on the road this year. Yet, I don't think it is fair to expect them to perform lights out everytime they play. It's just not feasable.

So are they going to be jacked up to play the 4-7 Ravens? Doubt it. Will they win the game? I'd say yes, but by 20, on the road nonetheless. I'm not to sure about that.

Baltimore is a proud team with a pretty solid defense, and this is their SB. They're not going to the playoffs. This all they have left and I don't think they'll lay down in this one. You can't tell me they aren't embarrassed to be catching 20 at home.

The bottom line is can they cover. Can Boller manage the game? Can Balt run the ball well enough to keep Brady off the field? I say they can.
They will pull out all of the stops tonight and I think that, coupled with a solid defensive performance, will be enough to cover this game.

The high winds forecasted for this evening won't hurt either.

Baltimore +20 Hopefully- Waiting to see if it gets there. I will post the number when I play it.

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from, and best of luck. You might want to consider though, that the solid ravens defense is not what it was last year or the super bowl years. The secondary has gotten burned quite a bit this year and is a concern even with McAlister and Rolle back.

Also, McGahee has done a decent job this year but the Patriot Run D is very very good. It's hard to believe they'll get much on the ground. Plus, if the pats score once or twice BAL will have to abandon the ground game and put it in Boller's hands. And while Boller is much better than he was pre-McNair, I imagine he'll get rattled by some of the things the pats throw at him.

Anyhow, just some points up for discussion. Best of luck with your play.

Agree with you for the most part Piffy Jr. I think Mcallister and Rolle will contribute significantly. You are right if they get down quick it may be over quickly.

You are exactly right, this is their Superbowl, and they WILL NOT lay down tonight.

Question IS, can they score against the Patriots, going at full intensity? The answer, sadly, is no. They have scored 14 TD's in 13 games! They have lost their last 5. I think we can concede that they'll be hyped for this game from a situational point, but can they bring the points like the Eagles did.

Sadly, again, no. BOL tonight, and I can understand grabbing 20 at home, just not against the Pats, and not with this team. :shake:

Nice win on this game. I capped this one pretty much right on. Ended up + money on the week in the NFL. That is always a good thing.

good luck next week guys.

applause.gif
I had no doubts but everyone else did....hehe
it's%20a%20beautiful%20thing.gif

Back