Monday Night Football (Week Seven)...

emkee

The Truth Is Out There
16-14 (+4)

3-1 (+5) so far in Week 7.

Was gonna sit out the turd we got going tonight but given I've had a decent round, decided to play my initial lean.

Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants

The play...

Giants -3.5 +100 (2 to win 2)

:shake:

Risking that half point bro for no juice? Risk taker this will come down to who has the ball last... GL bro

If the Giants win, they cover relatively easily. Spread factors into the game less than 20% of the time in the NFL.

You either take the Giants -whatever or the Vikes ML, no need to risk the juice and buy down.

If the Giants win, they cover. Spread factors into the game less than 20% of the time in the NFL.

You either take the Giants -whatever or the Vikes ML, no need to risk the juice and buy down.

True, but when it's on a key number like 3, and you can buy it to 3 for much less than you would normally have to pay, it's worth it imo. What do you mean by "spread factors into the game less than 20% of the time?" That sounds like you're saying dogs lose but cover only 20% of the time, which sounds kinda low. NFL games do, however, end with a margin of victory of 3 15% of the time, which is the most of any possible margin of victory by a huge amount (the next closest is 7 at 8% of the time).

Tend to agree with you on the points and buying them EM, though I may play the other side.

Which probably bodes well for you and others on the Giants. I'm putting "fade friend" to shame this season....

Took a look back at the performance of 0-6 teams the past decade and they haven't performed overly bad, with the majority of the nasty ass whippings coming on the road. Tonight the 0-6 Giants are playing at home and surprisingly are still a shot at the NFC East crown if they win out (with a little help along the way of course).

Basically taking the winless desperate home team on extended rest (teams off a Thursday night game are 8-2 ATS on the season) against an equally bad team breaking a new QB into the offense.

Minny with the 2nd worst 'air defense' in the league (335.5 passing yards allowed per game, Broncos 1st with 345.3) and missing their best safety (Harrison Smith) and possibly a few more DB's. Liked that the Giants showed some fight and offensive cohesion late in the Bears game. NYG's run D hasn't been spectacular but it's been their shining light of late and I'll take what I can given AP is the only thing on the Vikes that scares me

Also in a quirky way I think Eli responds after seeing his older brother fail last night.

True, but when it's on a key number like 3, and you can buy it to 3 for much less than you would normally have to pay, it's worth it imo. What do you mean by "spread factors into the game less than 20% of the time?" That sounds like you're saying dogs lose but cover only 20% of the time, which sounds kinda low. NFL games do, however, end with a margin of victory of 3 15% of the time, which is the most of any possible margin of victory by a huge amount (the next closest is 7 at 8% of the time).

Basically meaning you pick the outright winner, you win 80% of the time or thereabouts. Will pull out the exact numbers in my Week 8 thread.

Basically meaning you pick the outright winner, you win the game. Will pull out the exact numbers in my Week 8 thread.

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant, it just seemed kinda low. I would have figured that dogs lose, but cover the spread more than 1 in 5 times.

I agree with you emkee, but it begs the question why you didn't play cinci ML yesterday instead of ATS?

Tend to agree with you on the points and buying them EM, though I may play the other side.

Which probably bodes well for you and others on the Giants. I'm putting "fade friend" to shame this season....

Got Lang aboard already, plenty a mush at 'Blankets' and probably have 'Fade Friend' on the train as well. So I'm rolling with bad company tonight, Doggy. Just can't play it any other way based on what I'm seeing.

I agree with you emkee, but it begs the question why you didn't play cinci ML yesterday instead of ATS?

I have a thing for 2 and 2.5 point spreads, always have. It's surprising how many times that 'bad number' has come into play for me throughout the years.

Suckers at my book on Giants and Over in parlays and teaser bets - just fyi ... GL dude

Thanks, man.

'Public' took it in the colon this weekend, tonight Vegas gives 'em something to lose next Saturday and Sunday...

Thanks, man.

'Public' took it in the colon this weekend, tonight Vegas gives 'em something to lose next Saturday and Sunday...

That is definitely possible. Right now I have no play and might just lay off til halftime.

Decent week. Saw things a little better except for the blatant fade of the Bills' Thad Lewis against the Fins. Speaking of the Fins, team should be put on 'fade watch' from here on in. They are bottom 10 in all 'stats that matter'.

4-1 (+7) W7

17-14 (+6) Overall

glad you made money on that shit show last night. the league did not put on a good product on MNF.

Back