Monday Night Football Picks/Plays/Thoughts?!

Vapster

Awesome1#1
Hello All! And...Yawn... I cannot pick either side tonight. This game looked good on paper about...7 weeks ago. Now?! I feel a snooze fest upon us. I usually have a small play somewhere on games like this, but I can't for the life of me find one. Washington +6 Or Philly -6?! O/U 45? TT's Washington 19.5 or Philly 25.5? Maybe wait until HT like I did last night. Luckily I noticed a couple cappers in the live in game NFL forum last night, all over 'Live In-Game Wager SD +15.5.' Maybe same tonight...Just wait until HT...Or just don't wager at all...Hahahahaha. Just Playin...Anyway, post your thoughts on tonight, and I hope everyone has an awesome day! ---Vap

So tough to back Colt McCoy, but Eagles haven't been right this year. You can tell Wentz still isn't 100% as he hasn't been nearly as mobile.

In MNF NFC East division battles the road dog is 16-3 ATS (13-6 SU) since the 2000/2001 season.

Surprised there have been that few. Seems like every time I turn around there's a NFC East game on Monday nights.

I'm leaning Wash and Over...Wash seems to be more active in planning a game plan for tonight, coaches have been working a game plan based more on Mccoy strengths and style of play..Last week he was thrown on a emergency situation no time to prepare. There seems to be more chemistry in the Washington locker room then the eagles. Read somewhere the Wentz has been to focusing on Ertz then involving other players like Alston Jeffrey. Eagles rb is not 100% even if sproles comes back tonight he hasn't' played in weeks. Eagles are too vanilla with there offense right now and the weak Oline vs Wash (AlaBama) filled defensive line will dominate and get to Wentz.

My leans are wash+6/ Was TT 019.5 (fave) / O45 ..

Think i may have found a play Philly TT U 25.5

"The Eagles have surpassed 25 points only once, and it was against the Giants' 25th-ranked defense. They’re averaging a pathetic 20 points per game at home, their worst in 20 years "

Surely Washington's defense is better than Giants.

Fading Jay Gruden on the road at night has been pretty good. Plus I'm pretty sure the Redskins are the worst team in the history of the NFL on Monday Night Football. Skins have allowed a shitload of points on the road in prime time the last four seasons. Also the Pederson/Wentz combo is 8-1 in their last nine division games together.

Fading Jay Gruden on the road at night has been pretty good. Plus I'm pretty sure the Redskins are the worst team in the history of the NFL on Monday Night Football. Skins have allowed a shitload of points on the road in prime time the last four seasons. Also the Pederson/Wentz combo is 8-1 in their last nine division games together.

Thank you for this post-- I was thinking redskins never win on the road in prime time-- JohnNorman very overrated

Jeffery will be matched up against, depending on the snap, Washington cornerbacks Josh Norman or Quinton Dunbar this Monday. Jeffery did not have much success against Washington last year, as he totaled just five catches for 75 yards in the two matchups. Washington did not have Norman shadow Jeffery in either game, but considering the issues they are having in the secondary it would not be surprising if they did on Monday night. The Skins stopped using Josh Norman as a shadow corner when Quinton Dunbar came back on Thanksgiving, but after not practicing all week Dunbar is questionable for MNF. In reality, he's almost certainly out with no timetable to return from nerve damage. That leaves Greg Stroman and Danny Johnson, who have had up-and-down rookie seasons, to be tested on the outside.

Think i may have found a play Philly TT U 25.5

"The Eagles have surpassed 25 points only once, and it was against the Giants' 25th-ranked defense. They’re averaging a pathetic 20 points per game at home, their worst in 20 years "

Surely Washington's defense is better than Giants.

“I feel like we have to get back to our roots,” Washington defensive tackle Jonathan Allen said on Wednesday. "Be more consistent and just do the little things right. We’ve kind of got away from the little things, so that’s something we’re definitely trying to focus on this week in practice.”

Everything seems to scream Under 45 tonight. But I have only bet one under all year, Houston (W) Unders are not my thing but. It points that way. Eagles don't score a ton at home. As far as your post goes s&a... McCoy did well on Thanksgiving throwing 2 TD's with a whopping 3 INT's thrown in as well. Since Smith went down Colt is 30 of 50 for 332 Yards- 3 TD's 3 INT's... I'm like 1-10 on prop bets this year, so I'm the last to say if that's a good wager or not...Hahaha

With a playoff atmosphere, the Eagle offensive line finally healthy, and the way Gruden's defense sucks ass in prime time the Eagles will score in the 30s
The Eagles haven't beaten a team with a winning record this season...
The most encouraging thing we saw in Sunday's 25-22 win over the Giants was that the Eagle offensive and defensive lines finally took over a game. That's what the Eagles want and that's what the Eagles need going forward. The Eagles finally seem to be getting healthy on the offensive line and should theoretically have a better line than the one that won the Super Bowl last year. https://bit.ly/2QdFzCP
Eagles Over 30 +196

From our favorite tout Brandon Lang...

My 40 dime selection is on the Eagles over the Redskins. The current line on this game as of 11:45 am EST is -6 in Vegas and offshore.

Be sure to shop around for the best line available.

Here comes 3 in a row by double digits.

Last year the Eagles polished off the Redskins by 11 and 13 points respectively.

Tonight at home facing a depleted and banged up Washington offensive line, the Eagles have a gigantic advantage with their defensive front.

Last week the boys from the city of brotherly love got Timmy Jernigan back, making this now one of the best defensive lines in the NFL.

Colt McCoy already is prone to mistakes as we saw last week with the 3 INT's against Dallas and he will see and feel similar pressure if not more from this Philly defense tonight.

McCoy is 1-10 SU and 3-8 ATS in divisional games for his career.

Not exactly numbers you want to be on the side of tonight.

You add the fact Washington is 1-9 SU and ATS last 10 on Monday night and you can clearly see the right side of this game is the home team.

Speaking of which, the Birds fly high on primetime Monday night when they are coming off a win standing at an impressive 15-5 SU and 16-4 ATS.

If facing a division foe that number increases to 18-6 ATS including a perfect 5-0 SU and ATS their last 5.

The bottom line is I would rather go swinging laying less than a touchdown with Carson Wentz over Colt McCoy. End of story.

Fly Eagle Fly tonight.

All the +6 's are starting to drop...
Kind of makes sense as only three of the Eagles' 11 games have been decided by more than 6 points. Catching +6 points has won/pushed against the Eagles in 10 of their 11 games. Not tonight though.

Only cause I can't help myself, And if Lang wants to throw numbers around so will I!

Lang: You add the fact Washington is 1-9 SU and ATS last 10 on Monday night and you can clearly see the right side of this game is the home team.

Vap: The Eagles are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games as favorites.

Lang: McCoy is 1-10 SU and 3-8 ATS in divisional games for his career.

Vap: The Redskins are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games in Philadelphia.

We can go back and forth throwing numbers around, but it comes down to can Washington O Line give Colt enough time to throw the ball?
Oh and 1 more thing. Yes, Philly may win big this game, But I have heard, "Philly is gonna win big this game" All season long and I have yet to see it... Well they did beat The Giants by like 20 earlier this season, but that's about it...

Seeing Philly -5.5 popping up...Oh and didn't some Washington player say they rather play on the road anyway?! Hahaha. That was pretty funny...

Josh Doctson cleared 50 yards for the first time all year in McCoy’s first start, leading the team with ten targets. Among McCoy’s 50 pass attempts this season, Doctson’s 15 leads the team. Doctson also draws the top Week 13 matchup in Washington’s pass-catcher group versus Philadelphia’s injury-ruined cornerback corps, which yields the NFL’s second-most yards per game to wide receiver units (203.0). Doctson led Skins wideouts in Week 12 routes run (43) with Trey Quinn second (36), Maurice Harris (25) third, and Michael Floyd (20) fourth. Jamison Crowder’s return will shake up the depth chart behind Doctson with Floyd leaving the rotation and Quinn and/or Harris losing snaps.
Doctson receiving TD +252
Doctson receiving yards o41½ -120

Here is something to think about, upcoming schedules, if Philly beats Wash tonight, then they have to play Dallas & Rams on the road then Hou at home. Pretty tough upcoming competition.

I would think the Eagles must realize in their current injured form even if they win tonight they will still be losers in the end so how much motivation is there to play hard tonight?

Wash upcoming schedule is Giants, Jax, and Tenn, all very beatable teams...

I would think from motivating perspective Wash may still they have a chance but Philly really is doomed even if they win this game...

Don't question the motivation in a NFC East rivalry dude. It's freakin' Monday Night Football in Philly. Fans have been at the stadium getting juiced since 1pm. Shit's gonna be rocking. Playoff-type decibels at the Linc tonight brother.

Eagle to Watch: Fletcher Cox, one of the best defensive linemen in football, ranked PFF's second-best interior defensive lineman in the NFL. He has taken over games against the Redskins in the past, and tonight could present him with an opportunity to make a plethora of game-altering plays again. Washington's interior line is made up by a pair of backup guards, neither of whom should be asked to handle Cox in isolation.
In 12 games versus Washington Cox has 16 QB hits that have resulted in 8.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries and a touchdown. He's racked up more stats versus the Redskins than any other team in the league - more than all his career numbers versus Cowboys and Giants combined.

Here is something to think about, upcoming schedules, if Philly beats Wash tonight, then they have to play Dallas & Rams on the road then Hou at home. Pretty tough upcoming competition.

I would think the Eagles must realize in their current injured form even if they win tonight they will still be losers in the end so how much motivation is there to play hard tonight?

Wash upcoming schedule is Giants, Jax, and Tenn, all very beatable teams...

I would think from motivating perspective Wash may still they have a chance but Philly really is doomed even if they win this game...

I mean, you think Eagles players will look at Wash‘s schedule and give up?

No, point I wanted to make, is that the Eagles must know that if they win tonight they are only delaying the inevitable which is a losing year with no playoff hopes being that will most likely lost the next three games...

Wow, bookieguy across the street needs Philly, all the other consensus is showing all the money coming in on Philly....

Books def playing with this game, spread keeps bouncing back and forth the 6 but the ML is starting to favor Wash.....this will be interesting to see how this plays ou

Good luck tonight CTG!

Man someone steamed the Doctson u3½ after Thompson and Crowder announced active. I bet u he finishes with exactly 3 :cool:

Fail on my part, hard to handicap mark shitty Sanchez. Not really impressed with the eagles. Struggling to score in the game red zone:

Agree with not being impressed with the Eagles at all. Go check out what Evan Silva said about Philly coaching staff on his Twitter tonight. They went from best coaching staff in 2017 to worst coaching staff in 2018. You won't see me buying any more wagers backing the Eagles this season. Ended up down 1 unit tonight and feel super lucky not to have lost more. Eagles fade or pass for me the rest of the season. That game was fucking gross.

Back