Monday Night Football 10/10/16 - Bucs @ Panthers ---- BACK!!

• Thread starter Thread starter ddk997
  • Start date Start date
D

ddk997

OVER 46 Buccaneers/Panthers

Winston shows up and shines tonight, expect both squads to throw a lot of passes since both RB are both out. Cam Newton is out, look for more in the pocket type QB in Jake. Winston will do him as he's been more a pocket passer since coming into the NFL. Carolina obviously misses Josh Norman, their defense is no where near as good as last year and the secondary on both squads have been terrible.

Last year's match up, even when the Panthers were playing up to their max potential. The Bucs had no problem moving the ball, however those mistakes turned into zero points and I don't expect that to happen again.

31-28

----
2016-2017
NCAA-F / 4-0 (1 tie)
NFL / 0-0

Not sure what the hell is going on with the 2 threads, but I think it is a very important game for Carolina tonight. Atlanta won in Denver and Car will be in deep if they fall another game behind. With 2 key offensive starters out I would expect a strong team (and defensive) effort.

Sure they need to win, but so do the Bucs.... that's also like saying the Cards need to win and they didn't. This is the NFL and I believe the Bucs match-up very well against this squad and had many chances last year to score and had no issues moving the ball

I don't recall last seasons meetings that well, but just checked the box scores and Car lead the meetings 31-3 and 31-10. So yes, Jameis threw for a lot of yards vs Car last season (about 600 between the 2 meetings), but he racked up those stats largely in garbage time. He also threw 6 picks in the 2 games, which may have been a bit unlucky, or perhaps Car's defensive scheme gives him problems.

Aside from that Rodgers fits perfectly vs panthers, hes small and quick. Better WR than last year

Jake has always been a decent QB but never been great but he can stand in the pocket and throw with poise, especially against this Bucs defense.

Winston didn't make his plays from garbage last year, he made plays when the were close but had dumb turnovers in the red zone twice, again this was vs a stout defense with Norman.

I agree that teams who need to win don't always win, but the motivation certainly helps, especially when the motivated team has more talent. I still think Carolina is a good team that can compete for the NFC crown. They may not look very good right now, but the season is young. Stewart going down did not help, and I don't think Cam has been right since week 1 vs. Denver. Despite all that, they lost 3 games to teams with a combined record of 13-2. Now they are at home with their backs against the wall playing with their backup QB and RB. Just think they give max effort in this spot. Whether it is good enough to win and cover, I don't know, but think we see a spirited defensive effort. TB has some young talent, but they are nowhere near Den, Min or Atl (despite holding a win over them). Line is begging for TB money IMO.

I didn't take TB in this spot, I just believe the scoring will be all day. They will kick FG's all day if they wanted to and I still see it going over 46 points.

It is the NFL, so would not be shocked to see 50+ point tonight. TB defense has been bad so could see Benjamin, Olson, etc. running open all day. Jameis can sling it and he has weapons. Very disappointed with TB so far this year and think they are still 1-2 years away from winning consistently.

Agree - CMAN

Jameis is no joke, he is no Jamarcus Russell... this guy has it all to be a star in the NFL. I really think he comes out big tonight.... he did it in college football primetime, why not in this spotlight.... he's played defenses with similar schemes, obviously not NFL level however same type of speed and power. Should be a good game, would of be better if Cam was playing.

Carolina Panthers backup QB Derek Anderson completed 49 of 74 passes for 507 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions in leading two victories over Tampa Bay in Cam Newton's place in 2014

Interesting I just caught this fact

Back