Monday Night Early Discussion Talk-

I think it would take a stronger stomach than mine to ever bet the falcons. But 75% on NO as a monday night road fave probably makes it a no play for me.

Looking at Nawlins season

They stunk out of the gate - 0-4

Then reached deep to try and make a run to replicate last season's playoff making feat - 4-0

Then found they couldn't sustain last season's pace - 1-3

There are currently 9 teams with better records in the NFC, 3 of those being 6-7 which of course they would match with a win here. But of course the 6 teams ahead of that all make the playoffs ahead of them.
Basically their close home loss to Tampa last week pretty much sunk their ship.

They have only 1 win by less than 10 points (at home vs ATL), which isn't the sign of a good team. Good teams win the grind 'em out games. Nawlins is 1-3 SU in games decided by less than 10 points. This indicates the spread is pretty much irrelevant for this MNF game. Either they win/cover, or they lose SU.

Dogs are 4-1 SU & ATS in Nawlins primetime games since they returned to their building following hurricane Katrina (start of 06-07 season). The only fav to cover was Nawlins at Indianapolis.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlanta is 2-9-1 SU in regulation their last 12 home reg. season games.

No Reggie Bush tomorrow, and there saying Chris Redman will get the start tomorrow. I hate going with noob qb's, so I might go with N.O. small tomorrow. This game actually sucks but since I'm a degenerate, i'll play something.

They have only 1 win by less than 10 points (at home vs ATL), which isn't the sign of a good team. Good teams win the grind 'em out games. Nawlins is 1-3 SU in games decided by less than 10 points. This indicates the spread is pretty much irrelevant for this MNF game. Either they win/cover, or they lose SU.

This is probably the most brilliant statement I have ever read in a forum ever.

Either teams have no idea how to stop this New Orleans team, like Dallas and Seattle could not stop them before or they can stop them. IN the first meeting New Orleans scored 22 but scored a late Td. Now the 2nd meeting it should be advantage for Atlanta to stop New Orleans who will be without BUSH. I think BUSH being out is big because i think he is more of a scare, meaning teams play different vs Saints as they gameplan for BUSH. Teams that cannot keep him from the edge lose to the Saints.

Saints laying -3.5 with no BUSH now, playing an Atlanta team that is weak offensively but not bad defensively is intriguinig. I think the key in this game in my opinion will be how Atlanta plays On D vs the Saints. If Atlanta can frustrate the Saints on O, they have a chance.

I do not know how the Saints without BUSH will be able to attack teh Falcons cause they have COLSTON and Eric Johnson, but a lot of what they do is fakes to BUSH off play action. I think preparing for the Saints is easier as they can basically take Colston out and concentrate on the passing game of the Saints.

I think the Saints can do well if they run NORWOOD he is explosive. HOrn should look to have a good game vs his old team. Crumpler can get open and ROddy WHITE had 10 grabs last week.

THe Problem taking the FALCONS is a cardinal rule "Tha shall not bet on PETRINO" as he will certainly get outcoached by PEYTON. However I do not think this will be a game where Atlanta cannot match up with the Saints and be confused on what they are doing on O.

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD width="64%" height=18> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="18%">ATL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="18%">NO </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> First Downs</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>14 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> Passing</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>9 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Rushing</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> Penalty</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Third Down Efficiency</TD><TD>9-18</TD><TD>4-12 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Fourth Down Efficiency</TD><TD>0-0</TD><TD>1-3 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> TOTAL NET YARDS</TD><TD>334</TD><TD>310 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Total Plays</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>56 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> Average Gain Per Play</TD><TD>4.9</TD><TD>5.5 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> NET YARDS RUSHING</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>91 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> Rushes</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>22 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Average Per Rush</TD><TD>3.1</TD><TD>4.1 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> NET YARDS PASSING</TD><TD>259</TD><TD>219 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Completions-Attempts</TD><TD>27-41</TD><TD>22-34 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> Yards Per Pass Play</TD><TD>5.9</TD><TD>6.4 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Times Sacked</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> Yards Lost to Sacks</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Had Intercepted</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> PUNTS</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>5 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Average Punt</TD><TD>44.2</TD><TD>38.8 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> PENALTIES</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>6 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Penalty Yards</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>49 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> FUMBLES</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> Fumbles Lost</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> TIME OF POSSESSION</TD><TD>35:27</TD><TD>24:33 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr width="28%" height=18> Passing</TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD><TD width="8%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Atlanta</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> J. Norwood</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>6.3</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> W. Dunn</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>2.2</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> B. Leftwich</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> O. Mughelli</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> J. Harrington</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18> New Orleans</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rush</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> R. Bush</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> P. Thomas</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>14.0</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> D. Brees</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> A. Stecker</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr width="40%" height=18> Receiving</TD><TD width="10%"> </TD><TD width="10%"> </TD><TD width="10%"> </TD><TD width="10%"> </TD><TD width="10%"> </TD><TD width="10%"> </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18> Atlanta</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> R. White</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>110</TD><TD>13.8</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> M. Jenkins</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> L. Robinson</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>17.7</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> J. Horn</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>8.3</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> M. Milner</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> D. Blakley</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> J. Norwood</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> W. Dunn</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18> New Orleans</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> E. Johnson</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>10.8</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> M. Colston</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>15.0</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> D. Henderson</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>37.0</TD><TD>37</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> D. Patten</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>14.5</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> R. Bush</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> A. Stecker</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>5.5</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> L. Moore</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>10.0</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> B. Miller</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>7.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> M. Karney</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr width="30%" height=18> Kicking</TD><TD width="10%"> </TD><TD width="10%"> </TD><TD width="10%"> </TD><TD width="10%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am wondering without BUSH now, if Saints are gonna throw more, possibly leading to an over. I like the Falcons chances of scoring even with REDMAN. I think they will have opportunities against #42 Jason DAVID the worst corner in the NFL, Horn could also get open, and ROddy White. NORWOOD is explosive, Petrino has to give him the ball and let him fly. I think a total of 42 is reasonably low with these teams, consider this.

I'm capping the game right now sammy...have nothing else to cap. No college basketball, and don't like the nba card..so this is all that's left

I have also found another interesting stat while trying to make these bloody numbers on the screen pop out at me and tell me who's gonna win tomorrow night!

The SAINTS have went Under 5 times this year, and 4 of those were vs teams in their own division? Twice to CAROLINA and once to Atlanta and once to SANFRANCISCO.

One thing that the numbers finally told me is significant I BELIEVE.

In those 4 games vs Carolina twice, vs ATLANTA and Sanfrancisco they held these teams to 16, 6, 10, 16 points. THey scored 31, 31, 22, 13 in those games. This tells me they have allowed less vs teams they know, and scored decent points vs them.

However they played Tampa twice and gave up 31 and 27 in both games. They shold have given up only 20 in the second meeting. They scored 14 and 23 points in the 2 meetings vs the BUCS.

What I think I see here is that the Saints play better vs their own division, but that could be because they are playing SanFran, Atlanta, and Carolina who are inept anyway?

I have found it folks, I have the key to the SAINTS and their ability to win and lose a game. Here it is folks after fighting with these numbers for a while I finally found the numbers that tell the hard knocked story about the Saints.

SAINTS LOSSES- This stat is key in every Loss they had this year Boyz.

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Indianapolis</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>R. Wayne</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>115</TD><TD>16.4</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Tampa Bay</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>J. Galloway</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>135</TD><TD>33.8</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Tennessee</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>B. Jones</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>18.3</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Louis</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>T. Holt</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>124</TD><TD>15.5</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Houston</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>A. Johnson</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>120</TD><TD>20.0</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr width="40%" height=18>Receiving</TD><TD width="10%"></TD><TD width="10%"></TD><TD width="10%"></TD><TD width="10%"></TD><TD width="10%"></TD><TD width="10%"></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl align=left height=18>Tampa Bay</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>J. Galloway</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>159</TD><TD>22.7</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What is key here is that the SAINTS when they lost have gotten burned by the teams #1 wideout. I know this is because of JASON DAVID. Does anyone remember what Reggie WAYNE did to him? I saw Andre johnson beat him in the Houston game and he was at least 30 yards beat on the play for a Td. Look at Holt and Galloway, they abused the Saints.

Everyone wondered how Tampa won without GARCIA last week, u have the answer, its the #1 wideout GALLOWAY was beating them deep again, and it is DAVID who gets abused. This guy is the worst Db in the NFl.

So we are betting basically can the Falcons have a receiver to abuse DAVID, and it has to be a #1 receiver? Can REDMAN, HARRY HARRINGTON, VICK or whoever is QB'ing get the ball to a #1 wideout against DAVID? When the Saints don't get beat by one wideout those are the games they win, it is as simple as that, even when they beat JAXsonville Reggie Williams had a huge day agaisnt David as well.

THis is alarming because of all the receivers above have long deep TD catches vs Saints. WHy have the Saints not adjusted. Nothing is more deflating that getting burned deep in a game. This means that somehow the Saints must not have depth to stop the deep pass. It comes down to a defensive philosophy, these deep passes must be vs the BLITZ, so when the Saints blitz they get burned real bad.

Last edited:
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class=yspdetailttl>Rec</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Avg</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Lng</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>FumL </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> S. Smith</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>7.8</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> D. Carter</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>41</TD><TD>13.7</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> J. King</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>7.2</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> K. Colbert</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> D. Foster</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>8.0</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD>6</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>11.8</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> M. Robinson</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>14.3</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> B. Gilmore</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>7.7</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> A. Battle</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>7.3</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> A. Lelie</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> J. Hill</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> M. Hicks</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> D. Walker</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> F. Gore</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD>8</TD><TD>110</TD><TD>13.8</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> M. Jenkins</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>20</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> L. Robinson</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>17.7</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> J. Horn</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>8.3</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> M. Milner</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> D. Blakley</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left> J. Norwood</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0.3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0 </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left> W. Dunn</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I like the fact Harrington isnt ATL's QB. Redman did well enough on the road to a revitalised Rams side, so I'm not worried ATL won't score.

And too many fav SU winners in recent primetime games for my liking. 3 Dogs in recent weeks (Mia, Phi, Bal) all just failed to pad the books pockets with the rub of the green going against them SU wise. That rub of the green rarely goes the way of the masses for long.

Yeah True Crimes, it looks like that the Saints can be passed on for sure and really don't stop anyone's passing attack. Now laying -3.5 with no BUSH could be key, because ATL stopped them the first time with BUSH and now with NO BUSH? Redman is a risk, he may pull a BOLLER like last week or then play like this weeks BOLLER?

"one thing is that a lot of rookie bettors are taking the Saints because of the Playoff ANgle, that they have to win to make the Playoffs? THat is a nonsensical statement, if that was the case every team would just run the table at the end of the season because they cant lose because they are fighting for their playoffs lives.

I am thinking that the 2nd time around always favors a defense vs an Offense. The Saints are like a hot shooting Golden State team, they can get hot, but cannot sustain it for the whole season. But having seen them before I would think ATL should be able to stop them and limit them.

Yep. The *must win for playoff hopes* angle for a -.500 record team is as suckered as it gets.

My take is losing to Tampa has sucked the playoff wind out of them, esp. after losing the lead with 17 ticks left in the 4th. They have to win out (as a team with 1 win in their last 4 games) and hope things go their way elsewhere. And they know even if they do they're just 1st round road fodder.

yeah CRIMES I agree I like betting vs the Playoff Desperate teams.

My early take on the game is to rewind the tape as this game has been played before.

-Hindsight is 20-20 but we have to think after the game and the likely outcome.
-We have a struggling team in the saints off a heartbreaking season ending loss, and losing their top offensive star in BUSH laying -3.5 on the road.
-We also have the playoff angles that the Saints won 4 in a row well they can string another group of wins together.
-We also have bettors thinking this team is last years Saints team
-Atlanta is a cellar dwellar with probs at QB, if they had a QB, they have weapons, Crumpler, Horn, WHITE, NORWOOD, so if REdman can play well ATL can score some points.
-Atl has lost a lot of games, and one big primetime win vs their rival will make their season.
-When both of these teams play the games are close and Saints are a team laying that cannot stop the pass or run the ball?

THere is more and more question marks, on the Saints, these are likely all of things I would notice after tomorrows game, but in a new approach I try to pinpoint them before and that should lead me to the right pick.

However after considering everything here I do realize ATL is just bad. They cannot score any points. If they could just score 24 or more tomorrow they win for sure. However they are inept.

Favs have been hitting easily lately but I do think that this game is not as easy as laying the 4 with teh Saints and having shooters at the bar at halftime. I think this can be a team that is dangerous laying points with on the road.

Last edited:
hmm very good read sammy. i like the falcons tonight. i think we should look more into redman, because he holds the key to success for atl backers..

Norwood/Dunn could cause problems all night for the Saints weak front 7; however, how much of a factor will Dunn/Norwood be if the ATL defense allows Brees to have his way in the 1st half?

ATL has not played well from behind all season, and with a new QB at the helm, I have no reason to think they will start now.

IMO, Saints win this one, but it's a matter of a 31-28 win or a 24-10 win.

I will not have money on the game but am a Saints homer, so GL to you guys with whatever you decide to play. Also, if the 1st half stays relatively low scoring, look for the 2h over to be a nice bet.

Home dogs on MNF are a good bet if the line is double digits. My money is on NO but I'm going to rent a movie rather than watch the game.

Back