Monday Night Discusion- Packers Bears

Da Bears ......

lean GB originally but changed my mind as the Pack are due for a bad game and CHI defense has been solid at home IMO.....

pack are on a spiral downward, their D is the shits even JAX beat them and scored on them--

Bad defenses just dont start playing well for no reason near end of the year--

Bears are a little shaky at times however and GBAY beat them last time.

Bears are more than a little shaky. New Craporleans should have beaten them even after giving up a TD from the opening kickoff. Spotted a 7 pt head start, the Bears needed a last gasp FG merely to force OT, then won SU because they won the coin toss. There's no way I say the Pack are worse than the Saints on the road even thou their away records are basically even.

The Pack have 1 loss by more than 4 points going back 10 games. No sign of having mailed their season, and they get to play spoiler against their biggest rival.

Chicago meanwhile has 1 impressive performance going back their last 10 games (27-3 @ STL), and has 2 horrible losses out of their last 5 (vs GBY, MIN - divisional rivals). 1 regulation win (over mighty Jax) out of their last 3 played at home.

Crimes Bears D is good and packers are a joke, Houston, Jaxonville are not good teams and they lost to both adn BREES almost scored 100 on them on monday night-

pack have issues on defense also- major issues they canot stop run-

GBY outplayed Jax on the road (something Indianapolis didnt do) but had 1 bad quarter and lost (also something Indianapolis didnt do, which is why they got the opposite SU result to GBY), thats also exactly what Carolina did vs the Giants. Shit happens.

Bears D - The last 8 decent teams they've played they've surrendered 24, 34, 37, 21, 41, 22, 20 & 27 points to (bolded = at home, avg 26.6 pts given up at home). How is that good? Anyone calling this Bears D good is thinking of past Bears teams, not the current one.

The Packers played the Texans during their purple patch of form for the season (they also beat Tenneesse during the same purple patch). I see no shame in that loss, against a team who obviously meant nothing motivationally.

OVER 40 i think looks like a solid bet.....

going to wait since the total has already dropped 3 points but woudlnt be surprised to see a re-surgance back up to 41-41.5ish by kick.

green bay should have little success running with GRANT on a very tough bears front 7.... and abandone the run early--- looking for rodgers to try to pick apart the secondary like he did in lambeau earlier in the year in the packers 37-3 victory.

wouldnt be surprised to see GB defense give up a couple of big plays whether it be hester on a reverese or special teams run-back..... or forte breaking through the middle running in between the tackles....

both defenses are giving up 200 a game through the air and should see a very pass-oriented offense for GB and for the bears mixing it up with a balanced offense good for at least 23 points. maybe even a defensive touchdown as well.

just seems tricky as they already got burned tonight setting the total at 39 and game flying over... and now this ones 40.

chicago should be out for blood trying to put up points after getting spanked and held to 3 points in lambeau earlier in the year...http://cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72985

oh yeah and if someone could post the weather report in here for tomorrow in soldier field thatd be great.

not worried if theres a chance of snow because both teams are accustomed to that weather.... but heavy winds could fuck us. maybe thats why the total is dropping.....

Obvious concern is the weather, need to hear definitive info on that - but if the winds/snow/wet are not bad, then how does this not go over??? JEnnings and Driver will be drooling w/ this secondary.

I am hoping the weather will be be bad. I like the BEars here. I would feel much better and make this a large play if we can have some conditions to neutralize the packers passing game. While the pAck have nothing to play for, this a rival and I am sure they would love to fuk up the Bears playoff chances.

However, it will be bitterly cold and I really think that after a while the PAck will not be so eager to jump in and make big hits, Forte can have a big game against a ? run D that might pack it in. THe Pack seem to be odds w/ each other, some bickering going on. How much do they want it on a night when it will feel like 5 degrees?

Obvious revenge here for the Bears, more motivated with playoff chance still out there, pound away at this run D. I'm really liking the Bears, but the run of favs (minus the Ravens) scares me - doesn't at some point that start to try to even out? Same with the Unders (even more so). (That is a hint for you BC, chime in here, hehe.)

This might be a large play tonight

this is just what I pulled from weather.com:

It will be 12 degrees, but feel like 1 degree, ouch. 10% chance of precipitation, they are saying snow comes @ 11pm.
Winds at 10 mph from SW

this might change or someone have more detailed account, but thats what i have so far, this over looks good....

this is just what I pulled from weather.com:

It will be 12 degrees, but feel like 1 degree, ouch. 10% chance of precipitation, they are saying snow comes @ 11pm.
Winds at 10 mph from SW

this might change or someone have more detailed account, but thats what i have so far, this over looks good....

I'd be surprised if it got up to 12 degrees. Perhaps it will be warmer by the lake. I'm in the suburbs, and it's brutal out there.

Snowstorm here- off to catch a flight to the east coast for the holidays-

Will post more from there when i get settled in there-

Take it easy everyone, bet sensibly, relax there are plenty of games, make it fun, and be confident, confident is contagious with winning.

thanks for the weather update---- went with over 40 for 2 units.... thoughts above

not going to overthink this one and question the line movement, although it does seem like a "trap total", unless we see that late push upwards back towards 41 later on in the day....

good luck fellas.

Is any worried about the weather affecting the over? I mean don't get me wrong everywhere I look I see over play and I probably will play it, but the weather scares me...any thoughts?

Is any worried about the weather affecting the over? I mean don't get me wrong everywhere I look I see over play and I probably will play it, but the weather scares me...any thoughts?

Cold has NOTHING to do a game going over/under. I saw live proof yesterday at Arrowhead.....-20 wind chill and game went over early 2nd quarter.(And that was with 25 mph winds)..... 25 degrees in Meadowlands last night and flew over.

Wind is the only thing that could hurt, or snow maybe. 80% of these guys will be in short sleeves tonight in 10 degrees and have no problems.

Defenses that suck won't suck less just because it's cold outside.

Indeed very valid points a friend of mine just screwed up my mindset, thanks
:cheers:

I think the cold could help the total in that you see a lot of times as the game goes on, the defender is less prone to hit a RB with a full head of steam -

Cold or not the feild is tarped and heated to 60 deg. until they uncover before pre game. Second half is when cold will take effect. Hope Bears are up early

Back