Monday NBA...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
4-3 +3.95 units

Solid first week. I do regret laying off Thursday. The leans were pretty much spot on. Btw, in Detroit welcome to the Walter Herrmann era. The guy is hustling and playing great. Going to be a big asset off the bench. I will talk about these plays this evening. I wanted to post them right after I played them though. As we saw Friday night getting those numbers early sometimes is so huge as that Lakers game ended up middling. Thank you for whoever hammered the total down...on the following play.

Golden State o194.5 -110 3 units
Detroit -5.5 -110 3 units

Back later tonight, gotta work on college football for awhile.

Golden State-Memphis

First of all, this is the lowest this total has been set since late 2006 between these clubs. That number was 188. The lowest since then has been 215. Yes, its a new year and the teams are different but this is quite the drastic change.

So far this year Golden State has hit 202, 220(OT) and 211. Two of those three covered the actual number the the game. The one against Jersey missed by two points. They let New Orleans and Toronto both shoot 50% or better as well. verdict, same old terrible Warrior defense.

Now, the kicker here and why we get what I consider a gift number is the early play of the Memphis Grizzlies. They have went under all three games where the totals ranged from 190-194. Now, playing the Rockets you expect a game such as imo. Orlando came outta the gates this season with two horrific shooting performances against Atlanta and Memphis. I cannot give Memphis defense total credit for this at all in all honesty.

The lowest scoring game between these two in said period was 203 last April I believe. Everything else soared over in that period. Both teams had Sunday off so we don't have the B2B factor in play at all. Not to mention its week one of the season and that should not matter anyways. Grizzlies first week performance combined with the Warriors only averaging a mere(for them)105 a game sets up a nice number for us. Someone loves the under as the LVSC recommended opener was 200.5 I believe. Thats fine with me. Created the value and I love this total.

Detroit @ Charlotte

Okay, road chalk scares some people. Not myself. For the first time since maybe the first half of that 64 win season I think we'll find some really nice spots with Detroit this year. Flip was so laid back and the team took that montra all too often. Mike Curry has made this team accountable and if your out there being lazy your going to the bench. He has depth and he has guys that want to hustle an earn minutes. Lets look at this bench. I personally love it. To preface that though lets look at the move to put Amir Johnson in the lineup. Last year having McDyess in there you had five scorers. Basically he was logging 29-30 minutes a game and not getting his shots in his spots. That also limited Tayshauns touches early. Amir comes in now and brings the energy. He had a great preseason and the game against Indiana he was excellent with his energy. He got in foul trouble in the Bullets game but its going to ups and downs for a guy getting his first serious run in the league. Now the bench; Dice comes in and gets to play prolly ten less minutes a game. He will still get same amount of looks though with this unit. He feeds well off those spot and picks with Stuckey as Rodney is our best penetrator by far. Maxy brings the energy as well. Then depending on matchups you can bring the biggest energy of all in the duo of Herrmann/Afflalo. Nobody works harder than these two on this team imo. Herrmann looked awesome so far this year. He has been a catalyst. All in all, the best bench Detroit has had since 2004. In fact, I would say it has potential to be one of top 2-3 in league.

This means the starters are going to pushed and will not get their minutes if their not hustling. Curry also won't have any of the complaining to referrees anymore. I know Wallace gets the rap there but Hamilton was the worst and it was affecting him getting the proper calls because the officials were sick of him. Everyone has looked solid so far from the "sacred cows".

As far as this game goes. we have a 2-0 Detroit team that is going on set of every other day games. They play Toronto and Jersey after so there is no lookahead. Now, Friday at Jersey could be a lookahead to the Boston game Sunday night at the Palace. Charlotte did beat Miami but its obvious this Heat team needs some time to gel. They shot terrible in both the NY and Charlotte games percentage wise. The rebounding was decidedly in favor of the Cats last time out but I think that gets negated here. Poeple will point to Detroit being 0-2 ATS so far but thats fine. They were never really seriously threatened at the end of the games. They have shown me signs of great defense. Its breaking out of those lapses like the 2nd qtr Saturday night which allows teams back into games. Detroit always is much more focused on the road. Depth plays a role as well and I see Detroit winning this one rather easily..lets say 102-88.

Random notes....

Good to see the Thunder get that highly anticipated first win under their belts. Sorry Marlo, your boys made history as the first victims of the Thunder. Looks like an exciting 4th qtr with 30 total points scored...

Glad they hammered the Knicks total in that Philly game before I could get to it. Dantoni's system obviously needs some more work with this bunch. Shavebury should be released soon. Thought I saw something like the Nuggets might be interested? Kooky...

Few far out there Detroit trade rumors..Prince to Oakland for Jax. That would be pretty funny having Jax play at the Palace 41 times a year. We would lose two years with Jax and would prolly need a pick or something thrown in. Also a Billups for Iverson rumor is out there. Kid you not. Would need a filler in there as well...

Ok some of that made sense to me. Going to ride along for 1 unit on Detroit. GL

GL BAR.Tailing you on these.I am not good with the NBA until about week 3.Got to have stats myself and power rankings...lol

As far as this game goes. we have a 2-0 Detroit team that is going on set of every other day games. They play Toronto and Jersey after so there is no lookahead. Now, Friday at Jersey could be a lookahead to the Boston game Sunday night at the Palace.

Do you think the Pistons will overlook the Raptors?

Do you think the Pistons will overlook the Raptors?

I don't. Boston game is still 5 days after that before we head out west. Going to be fun matchup though with your guys. Rasheed usually plays Bosh very well. Interested to see if Amir can stay out of foul trouble guarding O'Neal. That is, if those are the matchups.

I don't. Boston game is still 5 days after that before we head out west. Going to be fun matchup though with your guys. Rasheed usually plays Bosh very well. Interested to see if Amir can stay out of foul trouble guarding O'Neal. That is, if those are the matchups.

Word to the wise. This is not the same Bosh of the last few years. He's been a changed man since his return from Beijing.

Im more concerned with the Billups/Caldy match-up. Billups posting up Calderone is an absolute nightmare for me.

Any thoughts on the Bulls? Along with Detroit, this game poppedout.

:36_11_6:

The Walter Herrmann era?!?! Not exactly the golden age of Deeee-troit basketball anymore, eh?

He is a ballplayer man. Honestly. Give him minutes and he plays. He hustles like Sideshow Bob. He has those Dr. J hands to make those crazy drive and scoops and has hit 5 threes in two games I believe.

Word to the wise. This is not the same Bosh of the last few years. He's been a changed man since his return from Beijing.

Im more concerned with the Billups/Caldy match-up. Billups posting up Calderone is an absolute nightmare for me.

Any thoughts on the Bulls? Along with Detroit, this game poppedout.

Gotta go over the rest of the card right now. Wanted to get intial CFB out of way. Been a long afternoon night already but thats next.

I believe it with Bosh. Olympics can really help some guys out playing high-level players in practice day in and day out.

B.A.R. - I see you had little respect for the ex European Hermann before that (played in Europe that is). He always was a good player, but there is one more thing about him and most players that played a few season in Europe that people at USA are overlooking, there basketball IQ is rising. He is a smart player.

About the plays, one I looked at your post, it was before I even saw the lines and had no opinion, but didn't feel the bets. In the morning, took closer view and I agree on the total. Memphis last year, with the same players played soem high octane game and Mayo isn't the one that will slow the game down. The only question is Gasol, because he is a typical half court guy and we can see that he is the favored big guy and not Milicic (how embarassing it must be for Darko).

Detroit line? I read the write up and I agree with every word. In Detroit's loss to Cleveland last season, if I was Dumars, I would have fined them all for a whole season paycheck and play with NDBL players. They came so layed back, it was just ugly to watch and this season, we finally see some energy for the Pistons in regular season.
Still, Charlotte are a decent team. I think that there could be some good match ups and I personally think that a bet on Pistons -6 and Bobcats ML should cover it, but not Pistons -6 alone.
Hope you nail both, GL!

And a small question for you, as the Pistons expert, Brown in charge of Bobcats, is it an advantage for Charlotte, advantage for Pistons (perhaps more motivated) or won't matter?

And a small question for you, as the Pistons expert, Brown in charge of Bobcats, is it an advantage for Charlotte, advantage for Pistons (perhaps more motivated) or won't matter?

was asking myself a similar question regarding the bobcats' game against the knicks on wednesday. will the knicks be more motivated or will brown fire his guys up. if so this may then also be an interesting fact for tonigts game. maybe brown is already looking ahead to his first visit of the msg.

Fuck it BAR I am still with you on Detroit at -6. Still think they cover this.From the early percentages it was one sided on Detroit.Not anymore.I like it even more now. Let it ride bro.I think we will be fine. It's the Bobcats.I am not selling shit back.At BM its 4 now.I won't let the books middle my ass.

Fuck it BAR I am still with you on Detroit at -6. Still think they cover this.From the early percentages it was one sided on Detroit.Not anymore.I like it even more now. Let it ride bro.I think we will be fine. It's the Bobcats.I am not selling shit back.At BM its 4 now.I won't let the books middle my ass.

:shake: With you as well NO. B.A.R. Nation knows no middling.

I agree, but don't know about pissed....lean more excited as they know one of the most dynamic floor generals in the League is making his way to Auburn Hills

This may set us up nicely for some overs. Chauncey always slowed the game down.When his buddy would come in he would push the ball up the court.Now that we see AI coming to town he will push it up the court. Just a thought and something to watch out for.

Nawlins, I am thinking thats the plan right now. Detroit will just start Stuckey. Still can swing Tayshaun to point in relief and Herrmann and Afflalo will see plenty of time. My only question is them indset of team. Are they excited? Are the Big three that are left relieved that "the trade" is done and they can concentrate on season now better? You cannot buy off it. Too much risk. Ride or Collide baby. Still like the play.

Scraps, number is still rising. I like it in high 190's still though, albeit a bit smaller.

Esco, should be interesting. That Tayshaun for Jax deal is prolly dead now. Not that it had much life.

PJ, whats up man? Quick summer and we are right back into the grind.

MasterP, :shake:

SteveMoneyDog & Divol, regarding Brown. All thats left over from Detroit days is the Core three now. As far as the Knicks go Wednesday, if Isiah was still head coach you would have a potential situation there imo.

Divol, I have respectd Herrmann before. Kid had a stretch of averaging 20 and 10 a few seasons back in the home stretch for the 'Cats. In limited time last year he showed me some stuff. I know the Spurs had interest in him at one point.

VK and Ally, thanks guys. GL this evening.

Nawlins, I am thinking thats the plan right now. Detroit will just start Stuckey. Still can swing Tayshaun to point in relief and Herrmann and Afflalo will see plenty of time. My only question is them indset of team. Are they excited? Are the Big three that are left relieved that "the trade" is done and they can concentrate on season now better? You cannot buy off it. Too much risk. Ride or Collide baby. Still like the play.

Scraps, number is still rising. I like it in high 190's still though, albeit a bit smaller.

Esco, should be interesting. That Tayshaun for Jax deal is prolly dead now. Not that it had much life.

PJ, whats up man? Quick summer and we are right back into the grind.

MasterP, :shake:

SteveMoneyDog & Divol, regarding Brown. All thats left over from Detroit days is the Core three now. As far as the Knicks go Wednesday, if Isiah was still head coach you would have a potential situation there imo.

Divol, I have respectd Herrmann before. Kid had a stretch of averaging 20 and 10 a few seasons back in the home stretch for the 'Cats. In limited time last year he showed me some stuff. I know the Spurs had interest in him at one point.

VK and Ally, thanks guys. GL this evening.

They may be relieved BAR.They probably knew about this for a while now and it probably is a relief.I think they may be excited or pissed.Either one tonight will make me happy . Stuckey will push the ball tonight.Now the question is ,since the makeup of the team has changed, will this tempo favor the Bobcats? I think it favors the Pistons but I may be wrong.We shall see BAR and the rest but I like the Pistons tonight to dominate.

Blech.

Nice call on Detroit but that total died a horrible death.

Let's get Boston tomorrow.

yup...Detriot cashes

Steve Jackass and his band of thugs couldn't muster squat

oh well...really lean my Celts tomorrow

gl weeno

Tough game tonight with the totals, time to stay away for a few games to see what happens....and then jump on the over uptick...shoulda known this shit happens every year.

Didn't get to watch alot of your boys, but they turned it on down the stretch and won and covered easily...actually took them -3 right b4 tip, but didnt post.

What's your thoughts on them not starting AI right away? Me thinks it will take a few games and a few practices for the team to gel with him. This squad right now had played with out Billups (last year) as well as when he was riding the tine when Stuckey was playing....

Sheed is back, got his first Technical tonight, can't believe it took him almost 5 games though.

Good shit with the Stones BAR. Took a quick gander @ the Blankets NBA board and every single one of those guys was on the over in Memphis. Everyone will forget about the rematch this Friday in Oakland and we'll get our 110-105 final. Just the way things happen...store that away in the good 'ol memory bank.

Still say sacto is a great fade until these lines start catching up with how bad this team really is..

Excellent brah, hadn't even looked that far ahead yet.

Yeah GSW played like they just wanted to get the fuck home, sorta like Sac in Philly today as well. Mags absence hurt us in the late 1st-2nd quarter as the game lost what little flow it had. They'll get home, find their legs on national TV vs Denver on Wednesday (another under) and run and gun Friday night.

Back