Monday NBA-added Denver ML(2nd half play as well)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
93-85 +27.33 units

Hope everyone is doing well. Baseball opening day has been fun so far. Loking forward to what should be a great final four this year. Going to be a great sports week no doubt. Lets see what we can get accomplishd this evening. Put these plays in approx 1:30 est so those are the lines I got. I think one moved up a half point.

Dallas -5.5 -110

The injuries, the adjustmens to Kidd and the coaching of Mr. Avery Johnson have simply overwhelmed the Mavericks. They are on their last legs right now as far as making a playoff push. Their only win since 3-16 was against this hapless Clippers squad. Their next three games are Golden State, at the Lakers and at Phoenix. This is a must win in every aspect. I like the fact that the Clippers are off a win. Thornton was great in that game as was uh-oh Maggetio. I would play this a bit larger but I would of rather had the line lower. Still, this is a must win so e'll lay out a unit on it.

Atlanta -3 -110 4 units

Atlanta after being such an up and down team for 2/3 of the season has started to really come around. They have won 7 of 10 games and have a viable shot at making the playoffs. The teams played in early December at Phillips and Atlanta won 86-78 covering the 4.5 points. Memphis did beat the Lakers recently but have been very unimpressive other than that. This is a typical late season play and lets roll with the Hawks. I think its a very fair number for our side.

Toronto -2.5 -110 3 units

Back to back game for Toronto off the loss to the Hornets. The Raptors really tumbled for awhile but have slightly righted the ship in the last week. The defense has improved with Mr. Bosh back in the line-up. They def. need to step things up right now as they are in a battle royal with Philadelphia and Washington as far as positioning goes for the playoffs. Charlotte has been very impressive as of late. They won the last 3 legs of their Western road trip including a win against the Lakers. That being said, this is a very bad situational spot for the Cats. They are off just one day rest from the road trip. Dig deeper though, they have played 9 of their last 10 games on the road. Bravo on the nice wins out west but I see a pretty lethargic squad coming out to play tonight.

Bol with your plays this evening.

ON this one holmes love the Raps also and am gonna borrow your Hawks selection for a Lalonde brothers special

hey bar.. great picks.. agree with the last 2...
ur not playing denver today? with ur system of 4 gme road trips and then come home for 1 and then off to the rod again

Good luck BAR. I like the Tor pick but ATL as road chalk scares me. Mem has been playing good ball lately, despite the Clips game.

hey bar.. great picks.. agree with the last 2...
ur not playing denver today? with ur system of 4 gme road trips and then come home for 1 and then off to the rod again

Well, this is one I am still looking at. Have been looking at it for about the last 30 minutes. My system on that is generally for 5 game road trips. That being said, Phoenix did the Norhtwest two-step, came home for Houston then came out East for the 4 game road trip. Both teams are fighting for their playoff lives. Denvers terrible defense scares me as always.

Still going over this one though.

BAR,
I agree with all your plays and always look for ur posts in the NBA (I tail your picks everytime - as I am not a very good capper) and was wondering about the following:

WAS is on a playoff push, however, isnt this a good spot for UTAH since WAS is on a b2b (and overtime) going to the thin air...UTAH needs a win after yesterdays dibacle..please provide your thoughts and good luck tonite...

biggoob,

Last leg of the road trip for the Wizards. Its a 5 in 7 spot and they had to play an OT game as you know last night. Washington is a tough team to figure out. They beat Detroit then stink it up on the Northwest two-step. Great comeback win at Sacramento and played the lakers very tough last night.

Utah is on a b2b but that was their first road game in a few weeks. The games have been spread out for them quite a bit. The spot is good for Utah here, its the injury report that kept me off it for now. I would like to see Washington have that "last wind" and have a big first half so I could bet on Utah for the second half depending on who plays. But either way, I do favor Utah for the full game here as well. Just cannot pull the trigger.

gl tonight BAR. I agree with Dallas, but of the 2 games that jumped out at me, toronto and atlanta, i felt were slightly suspect. there are pros and cons to each side, but 1 of those home teams should win su. Not sure which yet, but i may have to collide.

BAR,
Thank you for the quick response !!

I really appreciate what you and the other CTG partners have established here and this is meant with the most sincerity !!!!!

If you do decide to pull the trigger on the wiz please let me know..
as I said I cant make a play without seeing your posts (pretty sad i know).

Lets ride !!!!!

Appreciate it brah.

Nice start. Not gonna lie. I think we'll get an Atlanta cover in Memphis.

Still deciding on the Nuggets

Appreciate it brah.

Nice start. Not gonna lie. I think we'll get an Atlanta cover in Memphis.

Still deciding on the Nuggets

liar!! i might jump on denver small and dallas small. already up well with raps and atl, if bar isn't lying.

As tired as Washington is Utah will not continue this ridiculous shooting in the 2nd half. The game is over and Utah will have a "blah" run at some point with very little scoring. With injuries both ways the teams are a bit thin so jumpers will become much harder to hit on a consistent basis.

BAR what do you think of Dallas -3 for the 1st half?

I think Dallas takes this one wire to wire pretty easily

Thanks Dys..

3-0 start and +8 units

Denver looks great on the ML and dallas is playing well. Kidd off to a great start with 14 points already.

BAR tell me what you'd pick in the 2nd Half of the Phoenix/Denver game...for a certain reason I need to know

Yes I want to fade you cause you'll lose the 5th one, then give a Tiger Woods like performance tomorrow and rebound with a 5-0

you'd take the middle? phoenix might just mail it in. there 3 ball ain't falling bar. don't want to take my chances with denver +6.5. not gonna be greedy lol.

A great gambler always goes for the middle

^ I heard this when I first started gambling and truly believe it...when times are right

I spaced out and smoked a bowl while watchin my boy Peavy dominate and couldn't get the bet in on time :-\

LMAO

EHS, didn't play it at all. I was just pointing out. Phoenix had two nice spots IMO..first 4 minutes and from 5:00 to 1:00 mark of second qtr

i took under and suns

The technical on stupid ass raja bell takes away therun

AI misses

not necessarily. sometimes a great gambler takes the seemingly "easy" W. i think there have been better spots for a middle than suns 2nd half. it will probably hit, but i'd rather save that money for tomorrow's action. why spoil a great night.

Hey B.A.R. - great night man, only wish I had played for more. took the plays but ignored the units- live and learn. So any initial leans on the overnights for tomorrow? intriguing early board I think...

BAR tell me what you'd pick in the 2nd Half of the Phoenix/Denver game...for a certain reason I need to know

For the record

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat colSpan=2>Private Message: .</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Recipients: <!--Capt. Slap-->Capt. Slap
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- post # --><TABLE class=tborder id=post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->
post_old.gif
Yesterday, 11:22 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>B.A.R.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true); </SCRIPT>
CTG Partner

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_ style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Phx 7.5 -115 at BM...thats what I would play
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">
user_invisible.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeah, there was honestly no way I was hedging there, personally (I had the ML with yas). Not that it wasn't a fine spot for any kind of a middle, but I just thought Denver wanted this one more. When you expect a blowout, you usually know based on the effort in the first parts of the game. Hard to get outscored by 20, let alone 34 in the midsts of a playoff run. Especially a good team (imo) like Denver.

For the record Part 2

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat colSpan=2>Private Message: Re: .</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Recipients: <!--Capt. Slap-->Capt. Slap
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- post # --><TABLE class=tborder id=post cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->
post_old.gif
Today, 12:04 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>B.A.R.<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true); </SCRIPT>
CTG Partner

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_ style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Re: .
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Capt. Slap
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by B.A.R.
Phx 7.5 -115 at BM...thats what I would play
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
2nd Half Dallas/LAC?

Over/Under 94

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
In all honesty...slight lean under
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">
user_invisible.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Back