Monday MLB with Handy

handy

Pretty much a regular
Hi there,

Welcome to Monday MLB with Handy. Well it sure was a nice bet Sunday on Tampa. Nothing is easy betting Tampa these days but Kazmir vs. Boston and NYY are profitable bets if you simply bet them every time. Now on to Monday.

I was hoping Rogers was going to pitch at Oakland but not I'm thrilled he's not simply because I wouldn't have known he was seriously injured. Detroit's bullpen is toast right now and I have to believe the A's at home are probably a decent play vs. a minor league pitcher and a junk pen. It's clearly something to think about.

It's hard not to think the Angels are a good bet vs. Batista. As much as I would love to bet Escobar I'm scared of the Angels on the road plus they might be due for a big let down after sweeping the Tigers. However, there is simply no way I'm betting Batista in this one.

Minnesota at home laying twenty cents? Hmm. That bet looks really too good to be true. I don't care about Gil Meche being the Royals starter. I just don't think KC on the road getting a dime is ever a good idea.

Buyer beware betting against Tampa at home. I'm still terrified betting against this team at the Trop. This team will come out of no where and go on a small tear at home upsetting the apple card. They seem to do it just about every year. I don't think it's happened just yet but Tropicana field is trouble at least for me.

Lilly or Hamels? Hmm!! Makes you wonder. I know one thing for sure that Cole Hammels is a better pitcher than Ted Lilly. My heart tells me Hamels is the bet but that doesn't mean I'm taking him. The Cubs are hot but Hamels could be the cooler.

This is your lingering thought of the week to think about it on a daily basis. SF Giants. I believe Bonds will not be interested in hitting home runs this week regardless if he plays or not. Yup, the fix is in by his doing. In other words Bonds is going to compromise the integrity of Giants baseball in order to make sure he ties and breaks the record at home. Perhaps I will be proven wrong but that's what I think this scum ball does. In other words bet against SF this week and you probably make money because this jerk is going to make sure he doesn't make history on the road. Lets see if I'm right.

To recap I'm patiently waiting to likely bet the A's and possibly the Phillies. In my mind the A's are the bet of the night.

Looking ahead I believe Verlander Tuesday night at Oakland vs. Dan Haren will be a sharp bet. Justin should be able to pitch deep into the game and Detroit should have a real shot to win this one.

Also, Boston heads to Anaheim next week where Tim Wakefield will likely get roughed up as usual at Anaheim. Scoscia's style of play is a nightmare for the Red Sox on the road with Wake on the hill. Boston has also played terrible at Seattle and they should run in to more trouble this weekend. One thing I should note is Washburn has been getting lit up of late and that's probably the game to go against SEatlle when Dice K goes for Boston. Dice K is the real deal. He's pitching incredible right now and he's certainly a candidate to win 17 this year.

Good luck and as always life is Dandy being a capper named Handy!!

Good Thoughts Handy...Nice to see you back around
Peace_5.gif

One more thing to add regarding Monday night's Phillies/Cubs game. If you look at the pitching mathcups for the entire 4 games series it appears the Phillies most realistic chance to win would be tonight. Tuesday, Wed and Thursday clealy favor the Cubs but as we all know the games aren't played on paper. That being said I'm lead to believe Hamels will be the sharp side of this game. I believe he should be a slight favorite in this one but apparently bettors feel differently. It appears the early money is on the Cubs but that could simply turn out to be most are betting on Chicago.

Hamels is for real. I had him a couple weeks ago getting short dog change vs. Young of SD and he lost 1-0 at Petco. It was a decent bet but if he was a dog vs. Young at Petco then why isn't he favored here? Something to think about.

I agree with everything you said from Bonds to each game's analysis. PHI +103 w/ Hamels is looking good!

GL this week...

nice hit with the devil rays :cheers:

great info as always :bow:

nice to see you posting again buddy

good luck :cheers:

nice writeup's handy.. I'm not sure about the phillies game tonight, I'm still trying to cap this game..

right now, i have a lean on the cubs; I'm kind of going with the feeling, why bet against the hot team.. ya know? and with Utley out, i think it gives Lilly more ability to dominate the phil's lineup..

Back