Monday MLB Play

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
2009:
Totals: 8-4
Dogs (120 to 139): 1-0
Favs (140 or less): 7-1

Well, my guys played hard, and I could have coached it better, but we fell on opening day 28-26. We missed a two point conversion with 1:15 left and could not recover an onside kick. We played a two time league champion team, we'll get em next time.

Anyway onto todays play.

Marlins -116 (Miller) - you guys sick of me and the Marlins yet? Vaegas just has NOT gotten it yet. This team is gonna stick around, I have no doubt. The Marlins are averaging 6.41 runs per game and are 6-0 on the road thus far. Ross is hitting the ball better and I expect Bonafacio to get hitting again this series. Miller gets his second start of the year, and should find the pirates lineup much easier to get out on than when facing the braves.

Pitt throws Ohlendorf who is a CAREER 0-5 with a CAREER 5.88 ERA. Pitt might as well bring Gorzo back up with this kids numbers. And then there's the Pitt pen, which I don't need to mention any further.

Also a sidenote, Laroche (arguably Pitts best hitter) is 0-10 in his last 3 games and was 0-14 vs the Marlins last year

Best of luck today everyone

i dont get it, is this team going to have to go 161-1 to get respect from the linesmakers?

i do see where they are coming from, they could easily have lost the last 2 in washington but were saved by washingtons god awful bullpen, but still, the Pirates aren't any better and Ohlendorf isnt anything more than a fringe MLB pitcher. I think you have to play this team until they lose, and maybe until they lose a few times. Love the play.

too bad on your football :(

but if it cheers you up I am leaning towards those fishies!

Hile,
No worries on the 28-26 loss I had ya'll +4 against the defending champs.
Seriously tho', are you playing flag football or is this the real deal?
Thanks for the picks and GL this week.

Hile,
No worries on the 28-26 loss I had ya'll +4 against the defending champs.
Seriously tho', are you playing flag football or is this the real deal?
Thanks for the picks and GL this week.

The league website had us getting 21 for the game. Team we played has won 2 titles in 4 years and only lost 4 regular season games in those 4 years. We did well for our first game ever in the league.

Its legit "semi-pro" football. I just use that term loosely. I'd prefer to call it 'adult rec league'. Its arena style, 8 vs 8, same rules as arena, just no walls or uprights. So its go for.1 by run or 2 by pass on the conversion. Full pads, full contact. My jaw hurts today. I ended up with 1 carry for 4 yards and 2 catches for 13. We just fell a little short in the end as a team, but our hurry up no huddle looked really good and we'll prolly run it all game in our next game.

Hile, gl on ur pick...a little weather update, its been raining here all morning and local media say its going to keep raining all day n night, not sure if there going to get this one in.

Cool. I wished I could have done that when I was younger. I'm built for (and enjoy BB) but I love the game of football. We used to play flag on Sundays in the neighborhood when I was growing up, and it was a blast. We erected a goal post and the whole bit. Fond memories.

Cool. I wished I could have done that when I was younger. I'm built for (and enjoy BB) but I love the game of football. We used to play flag on Sundays in the neighborhood when I was growing up, and it was a blast. We erected a goal post and the whole bit. Fond memories.

I miss being a kid. I remember being a fat kid playing 2 hand touch, I used to never score, so I made people kick extra points over the electrical wires. Good times.

Back