Monday MLB (8/06)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 112-109-1 +17.898 Units
June: 79-69-2 +25.298 Units
July: 26-22-3 -1.75 Units (Pre All-Star)
July: 55-58-5 +4.118 Units (Post All-Star)
Pre All-Star: 70.572 Units
All-Star Game: 0-1 -2 Units

August: 15-15-1 +4.38 Units
Post All-Star: 70-73-6 +8.498 Units

Overall: 366-332-15 +77.070 Units
Sides: 202-196 +31.653 Units
Run Lines: 27-55 -25.399 Units
Totals: 147-85-14 +70.816 Units

4-3-1 +3.14 Units yesterday. Can't cap Lowry getting injured, only went 3 innings.

I've got a big card today (unit-wise).

Plays:

Washington Nationals +198 (Lannan v. Lincecum) (1.5 Units)

I don't care for the fact that Lincecum has been pitching very well, you do not lay -200 on the Giants under any circumstances. You may not have noticed but the Nats are 9-2 in their last 11 games scoring 6+ runs in 8 of those. I can't pass up the value when I see it and the Giants pen is not something to be afraid of. The Giants aren't a good LHP team outside of Randy Winn (this year hitting .353 vs LHP), who is hitting .120 in August.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays +250 (Jackson v. Verlander) (1.5 Units)
The Tigers are 1-9 in their last 10 games. They have only won 1 series since the all star break by sweeping the twins, but they did split two 4 game series. Detriot is ONLY 17-20 vs RHP. The Tigers are team that usually pound out the runs, but they've been quiet for a while and their bullpen has just been a mess. They do get a team in the D-Rays who have just about the worse pen in the league so that may help solve their pen issues if they get to the D-Rays first. Verlander had a 4.50 ERA in July, nothing terrible but nothing to say lay more than -250. Jackson has a 3.52 ERA in his last 3 starts and post All-Star break has a 4.22 ERA, down from 7.23 pre AS break and WHIP down to 1.50 from 1.89, again nothing great but improvement. I just can't pass this price up, tough to make arguments for the D-Rays to beat the Tigers @ Comerica but I am going to take a shot.

Los Angeles Angels -106 & RL +192 (Weaver v. Schilling) (1.5 Units EACH)

How can you not go against Schilling who hasn't pitchin in about 2 months off the DL in one of the toughest ballparks to win as a visitor? Weaver hasn't been pitching as well as you'd like with 6 ERs in his last 2 starts but in 2 starts has a 2.84 ERA and 1.11 WHIP vs. the Sox.

Houston Astros +105 (Wandy v. Hill) (12 Units)
Soriano will be out, though under limited #'s he didn't do much vs Wandy anyways. Still you've got the one of the best pitchers @ home with Wandy and people are pounding the Cubs, because they are the Cubs. It's like the Yanks or the Sox, people will bet them because they are who they are. Don't forget you have Rich Hill, a guy who the Cubs just don't give run support to. His 1st two starts he got 9 and 7 runs of support. Since then, dating back to Apr 19th they have Averaged 2.58 runs for him. This is also a guy who gives up a HR per game this year. Hill has only gone longer than 6 innings once since June 12 and has lasted less than 6 innings in 5 of those 9 starts. On the road since, excluding April, he hasn't gone more than 6 innings except 1 time.

Wandy's last start at Wrigley wasn't pretty but first off I do not think he gives up 3 HRs today, where 6 of his 7 ERs came from. You can go back to last year and see that Wandy just had his way with the Cubs @ home giving up 5 hits, 0 ER in 7 IP. They do have a short bullpen today but I don't think that will affect them terribly. Wandy has gone atleast 7 in all but 3 of his home starts, and those 3 home starts came in May when he went 5, 6, 5 respectively against ARZ, TEX, CIN. Plus he's off a poor performance vs. the Bravos so he has even more reason to want to bounce back. The only batter that scares me is D-Lee because he is 6/9 with 5 BB, 2 HRs, 2 doubles, and 6 RBI vs Wandy, otherwise the Cubs are pretty unfamiliar with Wandy.

The Astros are hitting .288 OBP .362, and averaging 8.35 R/9 in their last 10 vs LHP.

The Cubs are hitting .250, OBP .333, and averaging 3.00 R/9 in their last 10 vs LHP.

I can't believe the price on the game right now and I am taking it as a sign to back the Astros big, and I may be wrong here but I like the fact the public is on the other side of this one.

BOL To Yall Today :cheers:

Last edited:
Great looking card you have for yourself today. Some great value on those doggies. GL tonight.

thanks farm - feeling pretty good about it

thanks alby - rarely would I ever play the Stros this big, lol. maybe never again. lets cash it.

thanks tw - I think I'll hit one of those two big dogs, but on a side not, I am coming after you if I lose. lol :eyes:

thanks JPicks - Im a sucker for dogs.

haha do what you want to do alby, looks like late money coming in on the stros.

thanks steed - bol tonight

thanks pcb - lets cash it in

thanks ramble - definitely hoping for the big day

i can understand your argument to take the astros, but why such a large play? I think this game may be a toss up. If hill has his control in order early lookout, if not, then i think you'll look like an all star for calling this one. Either way BOL tonight.

just a guy feeling i guess frankie, just seeing the line change/dropping with the public on the Cubs made me decide to go big.

Back