Monday MLB (4/09)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Overall: 26-16 +13.45 Units
Sides: 22-8 +16.23 Units
Run Lines: 1-3 -1.65 Units
Totals: 4-5 -1.13 Units

3-5 -.67 Units, 1st Negative Day this Baseball Season... really forced too many plays and I think I will try to limit myself to no more than 4/5 plays a day now and should stick to Sides only because I am doing well in that compared to RL/Totals. Really forced some action today, although the O's and Yanks seemd like it should have over after scoring 8 runs in the first 4 innings, they just couldn't manage 3 more... I felt like I capped that pretty well but just feel short. You win some you lose some.

Got a couple of plays locked in:

Philadelphia Phillies +116 (Hamels v. Maine)
I feel like I should be playing the Mets just because this would be losses 3 in a row but Hamels is just that good. Not enough significant statistics with these guys facing the opposing teams here but Hamels is ready to break out and Maine face the Cards and the Phils bring a more offensive fire power than the Cards. Think this is a low scoring affair though.

Florida Marlins -119 (Sanchez v. Suppan)
Like Sanchez here. He was great at home last year and against the Brewers in his two starts with a 2.62 ERA/2.08 ERA respectively. Suppan will give up runs, the Marlins bats still swinging well.

Chicago Cubs -155 (Lilly v. Williams) (2 Units)
Fade on the Stros. Cubs home opener. That's about it... mainly Fade the Stros.

BOL TO EVERYBODY ON MONDAY :cheers:

Last edited:
dont like your avatar or signture go back to Joe Horn or CP ! :D

GL, Renew. Totally agree on the Fish.

Thought i saw a SP change in game one though...westbrook in place of cc. but fading the elder Weaver is rarely a bad thing.

Seem to be good choices, Renew.

One more interesting thing about the Philadelphia pick is that it seems to be a wise guy pick which is good news. I say this because it seems to me that 70 - 75% of the public is taking the N.Y. Mets consistently since the line opened yesterday until now at least (6:51 am ET) yet the Mets -124 moneyline has not moved upwards. It has pretty much stayed the same. Of course, it would be better if the line moved against the Mets to something like -120 to be more sure that philly is a wise guy choice.

Anyhow, seems to me that Hamels is a better pitcher than Maine so the question is whether or not the Philly bullpen is good enough to shut the door down on the Mets.

(note: I use sbrlines.com to check the history of line changes. I assume it's accurate. If anyone hasn't used it yet, you click on the lines numbers and a small popup will appear with the history of the line at the particular book)

cakeoff - lol no way well I use joe horn. He's a falcon, that's just about the dirtiest thing on the planet you can possibly be.

Yanks - thanks for the heads up. looks like it got canceled again lol. GL to you too

Teamplayer - good info, Hamels is a stud.

Hunt - thanks Hunt, BOL today.

ADDING:

Cubbies -152 (Lilly v. Williams)

Good luck buddy, I love the Cubs play, also like what you've got on the other games, Cole Hamels is a real deal that's for sure, and I was leaning Dirty Sanchez as well. :shake:

:cheers:

Thanks satyr. I like seeing the same thoughts from good cappers. BOL tonight. :shake:

Adding:
Chicago Cubs -158 (Lilly v. Williams)

Increasing to 2 Units and combining the two will make it -155 2 Units.

outstanding - good thing fish won so you could get even today.

I just can't lay off making plays, so here I am

Giants/Padres UNDER 7.5 -108 (Cain v. Young)
Won't have 3 HRs in this one, like the 1st meeting in SF

Last edited:
Back