Monday, July 9 SDQL

JROCK1966

Pretty much a regular
2018 Overall Posted MLB YTD: -$357.85

Just running some initial queries for tomorrow on the Reds @ Indians and found away dogs with losing records, on Mondays in July, facing a winning team that just lost by 4-8 runs are 1-10 SU in SDQL dbase history. See pic 1. When I switch out the fact that the dog is coming off a 1-run loss, the records are 0-5 SU and 0-5 RL (see pic 2 it says 0-4 RL but it should be 0-5). Cincy is not listed as active on these queries because SDQL is not picking up the odds yet but I expect it to tomorrow. Looking forward to exploring this game a bit more.

cin2.jpgcin1.jpg

Rangers @ Red Sox: Home favorites on Mondays in the month of July, with winning records, facing an opponent with a losing record, and home team's wins - visiting team's wins total > 16 are 1-3 SU and 1-3 RL. When I work the difference of wins up 1 to 17, the records become 0-2 SU and 0-2 RL so it gets worse for the home team. Rangers have won the last 2 road games and may have a bit of momentum rolling into Beantown tomorrow night and Mike Minor did have a good month in June. Interesting and worth more of a look.....

redsox4.jpgredsox5.jpg

Royals @ Twins: Another possible RL wager here. KC's troubles are well documented and history says there in for more bad news when they travel to Minnesota tomorrow night. Home favs with losing records and playing an opponent with a losing record but the difference in wins is greater than 5, and they won their previous game by more than 5 runs, are 2-0 SU and 2-0 RL. See pic 2. When I switch out the opponents score which was a loss by more than 2 runs, the record is also winless at 0-2 SU and 0-2 RL. Leaning taking Minny RL tomorrow.

minny1.jpgminny2.jpg

Phillies @ Mets: Mets find themselves in a situation tonight that has never won. 0-5 SU and 1-4 RL and Efflin has been so good lately that he might continue the Mets scoreless streak....

PS - I was actually running queries on the Yankees / O's Game 1 and this one popped up. The trend is active on the O's as well.

mets1.jpg

Rangers @ Red Sox: Home favorites on Mondays in the month of July, with winning records, facing an opponent with a losing record, and home team's wins - visiting team's wins total > 16 are 1-3 SU and 1-3 RL. When I work the difference of wins up 1 to 17, the records become 0-2 SU and 0-2 RL so it gets worse for the home team. Rangers have won the last 2 road games and may have a bit of momentum rolling into Beantown tomorrow night and Mike Minor did have a good month in June. Interesting and worth more of a look.....

View attachment 33212View attachment 33213
I'm going to take a shot with the Rangers tonight. In addition to the above queries, the Rangers are 3-8 SU on the road this season vs. lefties. Of interest to me however, is two of those 3 wins came with O/U totals set at 9.5 runs. What's the total set at for tonight's game at Boston you ask?? Yep, it's 9.5. Coincidence perhaps? Probably but I'm going to pay to find out.

rangers1.jpg

Cubs @ Giants: I hate sweatin' unders but I'll sleep thru this one and not worry about the result until I wake up and have a cup of coffee. Pic 1 shows an O/U record of 0-4 for away teams on Mondays in July, who won their previous game by 1 run, with both teams having winning records, and the away team has 2-6 more wins than the home team. Pic 2 has a O/U record of 1-3 and the only difference is I switched out the previous results for the away team with the home team. Pic 4 shows Suarez home starts this season at night and the lone over was when the SF BP blew it by allowing a 3-run 9th to the Marlins. Lastly, in pic 3, the Cubs are 1-3 O/U on away on Mondays.

cubs3.jpgcubs4.jpgcubs5.jpgsuarez.jpg

Solid info man and I might just have to give a few of those a try. Tribe, under in cubs, Minn, and Philly. Will have to look s little more at that Rangers game. I like Minor and Boston just came off a sweep. If theodds are high enough, maybe I’ll try small on the Rangers.

Royals @ Twins: Another possible RL wager here. KC's troubles are well documented and history says there in for more bad news when they travel to Minnesota tomorrow night. Home favs with losing records and playing an opponent with a losing record but the difference in wins is greater than 5, and they won their previous game by more than 5 runs, are 2-0 SU and 2-0 RL. See pic 2. When I switch out the opponents score which was a loss by more than 2 runs, the record is also winless at 0-2 SU and 0-2 RL. Leaning taking Minny RL tomorrow.

View attachment 33214View attachment 33215
I read this wrong. The 1st pic competes with the 2nd pic. Sometimes when I'm looking at so many numbers I get confused and in this case I thought the winless trend was for the road dog....but it's not, it's for the home fav so it's not really that great of a play any longer. Having said that, backing Berrios at home is not a bad wager and the Royals BP might still be a mess....

Nice run JRock, sorry you never hit the big parlay...I was rooting for you

I appreciate all you do and I have learned alot by watching your queries since hoops season. Personally I cant get behind any query with less than 50+ sample size. Not that I can't use it to add to a play I already like. I prefer 100+ sample size with over 12% ROI or maybe less ROI with over 62% win %

GL Bro, love what you do

:cheers3:

BTW, love TEX plays and PHI game 1/ NYY scares me a little

can see the tex play....sox not as good vs lefties as they are righties and they are coming home off a successful 7-2 roadie so potential letdown. Tough to go against them now but if there were a time tonight seems like as good a time as any. Under may be worth a look but line going the other way and SI on the over.

Nice run JRock, sorry you never hit the big parlay...I was rooting for you

I appreciate all you do and I have learned alot by watching your queries since hoops season. Personally I cant get behind any query with less than 50+ sample size. Not that I can't use it to add to a play I already like. I prefer 100+ sample size with over 12% ROI or maybe less ROI with over 62% win %

GL Bro, love what you do

:cheers3:

BTW, love TEX plays and PHI game 1/ NYY scares me a little
I understand and, from what I've read from the SDQL Masters of the Universe, they also recommend queries with large sample sizes. I just, and I guess this is just a bias I have, feel like if I can duplicate a similar past situation as much as possible with a current matchup then that will enhance my chances of winning. I have had my moments both good and bad with this line of thinking and am I'm not willing to give up on my theory just yet. I am continuing to tinker and experiment with stats in all the big sports fball, bball, and baseball and will see where it leads me. I'm not a big bettor by no means. So I'm not headed to the poor house anytime soon and think I can afford it while I'm learning OTJ. LOL....

:watchingsports:

can see the tex play....sox not as good vs lefties as they are righties and they are coming home off a successful 7-2 roadie so potential letdown. Tough to go against them now but if there were a time tonight seems like as good a time as any. Under may be worth a look but line going the other way and SI on the over.
I would lean Over...it seems like most of the game samples I was looking at were of the 7-4 or 7-5 variety....

:rollercoaster:

Wow....triple to lead off an inning and you can't get him home. My ass is warming up quickly.

:angrymob:

Jesus...teams I backed today are simple anemic. Staring an epic fail of an 0-12 day straight in the face.

:pissed:

Back