Monday in the association

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

Don't have a play just yet. But I was on the Jazz when they lost to the Cavs, this team is a mess right now. Deron has been awful.. the bench has been blasted by Sloan. There is a rumor that Vince returns tonight 'an_horse'.. If he does then double digits is way too many. I will follow the situation closely.

"We've got to find a way to get going. I've got to find a way to get going," said point guard Williams, whose first chance at doing that comes when childhood-idol Jason Kidd and the New Jersey Nets visit EnergySolutions Arena and the 7-4 Jazz tonight. "You know, we won the Toronto game (last Wednesday), but it was sloppy.
"So, we've just to get it back," added Williams, a teammate with Kidd on USA Basketball's winning entry at FIBA's Tournament of the Americas Olympic qualifier this past summer. "We've got to get the sharing, the helping each other out. When we're doing that, that's when we're winning."
"I've been playing terrible for the last week-and-a-half, turning the ball over every time down the court," added Williams, who averaged 5.0 assists per game on the road trip — exactly half his average before the team took off for Toronto — and who committed 12 turnovers during that same span.
"I have to do a better job of taking care of the ball, and hit shots," added Williams, who also committed six turnovers in a win over Sacramento last Monday and who shot just 4-of-17 from the field in Cleveland. "I've got to get that confidence back in myself."

The Jazz tonight will be without backup point guard Jason Hart, who is mourning the death of his maternal grandmother in Los Angeles ...

If the Nets don't defend, they have no shot. They can't score with Utah, even with is Carter plays. You have to figure will be rusty and unable to play heavy minutes whenever he returns. The Jazz have won four in a row at home, amassing about 117.8 points per game, or about 30 more than the Nets' average. Utah is among the NBA's best offensive teams, ranking high in points, field goal percentage and assists. Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams are off to great starts and Andrei Kirilenko is back to playing his all-around game after requesting a trade before the start of the season.

"Utah went to the Western Conference finals. They're coming off a disappointing trip where they were 1-2. They were embarrassed in Indiana where Coach [Jerry] Sloan sat his starters for the whole fourth quarter. You have to play at a high, high level to beat them. You don't have to play a perfect but we're going to have to play smarter and play well. Portland is coming off a disappointing loss. They've been streaky. Regardless of who you play and where you play you've got to play well to win."
- Coach Lawrence Frank on the first two games of the trip

Not sure yet fellas what im gonna do.

Looks like Primoz is out with a black eye
purple.gif

Fits my own thinking on the game. Even when they beat Toronto the Jazz were playing bad. Plenty of time to play that team After they play a good game. GL

Interesting spot, Interesting game here. I love comparing matchups. Nelson is probablly the worst starting pg besides whatever trash cleveland throws out there out of the playoff teams. Bogans is solid. Tyson and Dwight will battle down low. I really like the contrasting styles between Lewis and the kid from Xavier. Peja should run Hedu off screens all night. Both teams are playing 3 in 4.. All of the Magics starters played 40 minutes last night.. and their bench is a little depleted with Garrity being out. Even if Paul doesnt play I like this one. Just hope the Nawlins fans decide to show up for the game.

New Orleans Hornets -1 (-105) Risking 3 units

Jussi Jokinen of the Dallas Stars was looking for some hoops action. His search is now complete, and he briefly informed us what he thinks about this thread.

Jussi2m.jpg

Damn.. awful first half, seems like the magic hit all the big shots. Oh well :(

Orlando scored 20 points first 18 minutes of second half..and 20 since. They chuck up way to many threes but Shard hit a big one late to push the lead past one possesion. New Orleans actually led 78-73 after being down 10 at half.

Yea i saw they came back and turned the game off thinking the Magics legs would give out..

Back