Monday hockey

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
The Canes own the Panthers, and that doesn't change this year either as season progresses. The only time Florida managed to beat Carolina was on the last day of October and that was only after the Canes found themselves in a big hole in the last 10 minutes of the game with consecutive shorthanded situations and defensive errors they don't usually make.

They managed to beat Florida since then with the identical result (4:2), I think they have the upper hand in front of tonight's clash. The Panthers aren't clicking right now, losing straight games and having scored only once in each of them. Not solely based on that but other parameters (such as Vokoun's poor chemistry with the defenders), I think the the Panthers might be up for a small downtrend. I don't expect them to make the playoffs this year, and so far they have had a very solid home record (5-3-0). They have yet to lose in OT this year. The Canes have monster PP numbers, an offense firing on all cylinders, and as I said, I don't rate Florida's D as highly.

Carolina ML (1.86 @ Pinnacle) 6 units

I'm aware the Flyers are still without Gagne, and they're playing against a hot team right now, but the "other NY team", despite having some very solid games of late, have taken advantage of a very friendly schedule so far. They played only 4 games on the road, and haven't had many bad spots so far, as opposed to Philly, who went through a tiring road trip before returning home. The comfort of Wachovia center seems to do this team good, they've beaten the Pens and I think they can win consecutive games tonight after almost a month without 2 Ws in a row.

I think the Flyers take this one right here, I'll take regulation win. Under looks solid as well, Philly D seems strong at this point, I don't expect an offensive outburst from the Isles tonight, and Di Pietro is in net for the visitors.

Flyers (-0,5) (2.14 @ Pinnacle) 5 units
UNDER 5.5 goals (1.94 @ Pinnacle) 3 units

Good luck tonight guys. :shake: :cheers:

Back