Monday Discussion

xpression syst_m

a true american rags to rags story...
<table border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#800000" height="20"><td width="225">Monday, December 03, 2007</td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff" width="75">Game/2ndH</td> <td align="center" width="55">1stH</td> <td align="center" width="55">1stQ</td> <td align="center" width="55">2ndQ</td> <td align="center" width="55">3rdQ</td> <td align="center" width="55">4thQ</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table bgcolor="#003366" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="35">#</td> <td width="200">Team Name </td> <td align="right" width="95">Spread </td> <td align="center" width="95">Total</td> <td align="center" width="55">MoneyLn</td> <td align="right" width="85">T1 Total </td> <td align="right" width="85">T2 Total </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table bgcolor="#000000" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#363636"> <td width="100%"><small>7:05 pm </small></td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table bgcolor="#000000" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="35">501</td> <td width="180">Atlanta Hawks</td> <td align="center" width="85"> </td> <td align="center" width="85"> </td> <td width="45"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="35">502</td> <td width="180">Philadelphia 76ers</td> <td align="center" width="85">-2</td> <td align="center" width="85">178½</td> <td width="45"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table bgcolor="#000000" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#363636"> <td width="100%"><small>8:05 pm </small></td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table bgcolor="#000000" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="35">505</td> <td width="180">Portland Trailblazers</td> <td align="center" width="85"> </td> <td align="center" width="85"> </td> <td width="45"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="35">506</td> <td width="180">Memphis Grizzlies</td> <td align="center" width="85">-9</td> <td align="center" width="85">203</td> <td width="45"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table bgcolor="#000000" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#363636"> <td width="100%"><small>8:35 pm (NBA) </small></td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table bgcolor="#000000" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="35">507</td> <td width="180">Dallas Mavericks</td> <td align="center" width="85">-2½</td> <td align="center" width="85">189½</td> <td width="45"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="35">508</td> <td width="180">Chicago Bulls</td> <td align="center" width="85"> </td> <td align="center" width="85"> </td> <td width="45"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table bgcolor="#000000" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#363636"> <td width="100%"><small>10:35 pm </small></td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table bgcolor="#000000" border="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr> <td align="center" width="35">511</td> <td width="180">Orlando Magic</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#666666" width="85"> </td> <td align="center" width="85"> </td> <td width="45"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> <td width="85"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="35">512</td> <td width="180">Golden State Warriors</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#666666" width="85">-1½</td> <td align="center" width="85">219</td> <td width="45"> </td> <td width="85"> </td></tr></tbody></table>
i know it's black, but just use your mouse to highlight.

i kind of like the under in philly, maybe a 52-47 tilt :)

I kind of like GSW at home with the small line. Obviously Orlando is good but GS is a whole nother team at home. Also the Memphis line seems a bit too high for me.

Yeah I've been hitting on Unders with Atl and Philly seperatly so it only seems naturally to hit the under when they're playing eachother. Anyone got any ideas on which way that line may move? The public could see the low line and maybe bump it up a bit by noon tommorow.

Will Magic end the road trip to the west with 4 - 1 and 5 - 0 with the line???
I mean, I don't remember a team from the East doing something like that.

Will Dallas lose yet another one? If so, it begins to look very bad or the Mavs.

like GS and the over so far.

Jameer on Monta/Baron? seriously? Don't know much about Bogans' D, so can't say too much. Very little significance, but Adonal's return to GS. GS actually didn't have to play Baron for 40 minutes today, so on a b2b, shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah I've been hitting on Unders with Atl and Philly seperatly so it only seems naturally to hit the under when they're playing eachother. Anyone got any ideas on which way that line may move? The public could see the low line and maybe bump it up a bit by noon tommarow.

The line will go up to around 180 I believe, but don't be so sure of an Under here. I have one rule, don't go Over on 220 or higher Totals and don't go Under on 180 and lower Totals. Just think, one quarter can kill the bet.

My thoughts

atlanta@philly
this is a game where it is really a toss up, at first glance it would like nice backing a hawks team with jj and jsmith and probably a better bench, but hawks are poor on the road and the sixers team can also easily win this game, lou williams is a baller, as to choosing a side.... i won't take a poor and hurt road team that has no effcient pg nor will i back a struggling sixers team (who would want to lay chalk with the sixers? although their defense has been better), if i was forced to choose maybe the sixers because of their defense and minor improvement on rebounding

portland@memphis
line is inflated, since when does memphis lay 9 points? who would want to back a portland team on the road? not interested in this game. if i was forced to choose maybe portland only because of the inflated line

dallas@chicago
dallas should be a public play because it's hard seeing them losing consecutive games, moreover it's also hard seeing them being beat by eastern conference team, problem is it is hard to back dallas now because they are playing poorly and laying chalk on the road is another... bulls on the other hand has got it together after a few home losses and a crazy circus trip, this will be a test for the bulls.... will look to this game further

orlando@gs
i'm kinda impressed with orlando's road performance, i played the lakers last night and payed for it, orlando is certainly a top team in the east and is a team to beat, can they make it back to back against the warriors who are on fire as well? tough answer as it will be tough for gs to defend mr howard unlike yao, howard moves faster and is more athletic, it also should be noted that baron is a monster at home... should be a fun game to watch... will look more into this

Miami on shit shedule. At Denver then at Utah? no1 played today, so not much of a b2b factor, but still

u can expect a supreme effort from miami tomorrow night as they got a couple days off b4 portland, now time to figure out if that equates to them covering an inflated line or not as they still are an atrocious team

The line on Memphis may be too high, not sure they deserve to be laying 9 right now. With that said, Portland is in an absolute funk and shouldn't be backed right now, I know everyone had an off night last night, but Roy is starting to worry me, he's fallen into a real funk the past 5 games or so. Without him, Portland is a joke, Aldridge cannot carry a team, and nobody else can step up and takeover a game like Roy. Until he gets his act together, I wouldn't touch Portland with a ten foot pole. Honestly, they can win that game tomorrow, they did beat Memphis earlier in the season, but right now they are lost. Just my 2cents on that game.

I agree with everyone on the under in Philly, very tempting, neither team has a fluid offense, with any type of truly reliable scorer outside of JJohnson.

What do you guys make of Chicago right now, it seems they do this every year, rough start to the season then go on a tear, but Dallas is a better team, period. Have they all of a sudden completely turned it around? Home dog is appealing, but Dallas laying only -2, it's tempting, maybe to tempting. What's this line at if this game is played last week?

Hey BAR of the two, which is a better book, I'm about to cash out of my book and looking for a better home. Which do you prefer?

dallas@chicago
dallas should be a public play because it's hard seeing them losing consecutive games, moreover it's also hard seeing them being beat by eastern conference team, problem is it is hard to back dallas now because they are playing poorly and laying chalk on the road is another... bulls on the other hand has got it together after a few home losses and a crazy circus trip, this will be a test for the bulls.... will look to this game further

I don't understand this line at all. Bulls beat a lousy Hawks and Bobcat team at home, big deal. It hardly signifies a turn around. Meanwhile Dallas has the time to think about their OT loss.

really think the Chicago/Dallas game gonna be a tight defensive game where each possession will matter. Chicago despite their trash start are 5th in the league in rebounds per game. Since their circus trip (only 2 games against bad teams, but still) they outrebounded them by 24 and 23. last yr Chicago won at home over Dallas 59-45. Me thinks Deng can hold down Howard well enough. I really have no idea on who the starting lineup is for Dallas, but I think if Chicago can shoot respectively, they take this game. Chicago is a trash team, but then again they always look bad during their circus trip. I read somewhere that a win at SA can turn Dallas's season around, but I believe a W here for Chicago can turn their season back on pace. I think this'll be a fence type game for many bettors (on the fence on these two teams)- I think many have lost money betting Dallas recently (I believe 0-6 ATS last 6?) this is their "if they lose, they officially suck" and "if Chicago wins, then they're officially back", I think they're a game too slow.

I just get that too good to be true feel for the Dallas/Chicago game. Their game last year in Chicago the Bulls were 4 pt dogs when Dallas was killing everybody. Now Chicago got worse, and for all purposes Dallas is playing worse (very well may be worse than last year who knows) and the line is 7 points different. I just don't get it, something is up. not touching it. . . .

What do you mean the line is 7 points different? The line is 1 point different.

"Chicago is a trash team"

i have no idea why you would think chicago is a trash team, they are the 4th best team in the east.

I don't understand this line at all. Bulls beat a lousy Hawks and Bobcat team at home, big deal. It hardly signifies a turn around. Meanwhile Dallas has the time to think about their OT loss.

Memphis I see what you're saying, but you can use similar logic however for the opposite...

over their last 6 games they've lost to 3 eastern conference teams (who they usually dominate in years past)
2006 SU vs East: 27-3
2005 SU vs East: 25-11
This Year Vs East: 3-4

Then they managed to beat two teams worse than the Hawks and Bobcats (Blazers and Twolves), and then head to New Orleans and lose to the Hornets, now they face the Bulls who have had plenty of days off the past week to rest their aches/pains/minds.

I'm undecided on this play still :pillow:

might have to eat the juice on this total in philly, dont like how things are developing, may try the 2h over for a tight middle or just take the vig

Holy shit. 4 Blazers stood there watching Yag tip it in! That was as pathetic a play as I've seen in years.

Back