Monday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
The extreme gross hot and humid temps are gone for now, it beautiful here in stl tonight and supposed to be really nice the next 2 days so Busch should play big. I like fish and under at 1st glance. Not gonna dig in tonight but I’ll prob play fish Ff ml and the +1.5/under parlay.

Yankees massive favs but they should sweep the A’s.

I’m certainly not gonna try to make a case to play A’s but for me the juice ain’t worth the squeeze when ya start talking bout mlb favs approaching -300. I’ll def look at sevi k prop when he faces them, maybe a out prop on Montgomery or tallion. Only thing I would say other than fact it just too damn expensive for me Is couldn’t you see this as a potential flat spot for them after having took it to the rays, jays, then splitting w Stros? Plus their offense and exactly been hot these past few days. I’m not a big Blackburn fan but I could see him having a quality start, I could def see montas giving them problems. Other than possible pitcher props as I like those vs oaklands crappy lineup I can’t see doing much else. If they don’t sweep you down money even if they take 2 of 3, that just not for me. I don’t think they sweep for real. If someone offered me plus money for A’s to win one these 3 games I think I would take it.

Last edited:
Gray/McKenzie doing the b2b facing same team thing but they were both pretty crappy last time, I like this spot little better than when the pitchers did well the 1st outing, both these guys good enough to bounce back. Neither offense ripping cover off ball and there looks to be a strong helping wind blowing in and rather cool temps forecasted for 2marro. Not sure how I want to go about it yet, lean Ff under, maybe gray strike outs or McKenzie over total outs.

I don’t know anything bout who pitching for Red Sox but holy shit jays -180? That seems crazy high. Gausman dominated Sox twice way back in April but this a totally different Red Sox offense now and Gausman hasn’t been all that great this month, I don’t think he does that to them again! So they laying -180 to a team I feel like has a real good chance to score 5+ runs? Don’t really wanna back a minor leaguer vs jays either but if you like jays I’d say don’t waste the money on the juice, just play the over cause I think they will def have to score at least 5 to win, prob more! 9 actually feels kinda dang low to me.

Debating a couple of things, one, whether to play it on the RL, or I might just do it as a series chase. I’m usually only looking for 1 to 2 plays a day.

I played Gray ov 4.5 k’s and Kirby ov 5.5 k’s along w fish Ff ml, fish rl/under parlay, over in Toronto.

Debating a couple of things, one, whether to play it on the RL, or I might just do it as a series chase. I’m usually only looking for 1 to 2 plays a day.

Yea. If ya gotta play yanks doing a RL chase would prob be way I’d go about it. Even tho I don’t think they sweep I’d imagine they win at least 1 game this series by multiple runs.

I could be crazy but I do really think this feels like a potential flat spot after 2 series w rays, 1 with jays, and 4 games against Stros. Increasing their lead thru that stretch was impressive but the offense has been pretty stagnant last few days, think they actually set a record for consecutive innings without a hit! That nuts considering how good they been, even more crazy they managed to split the 4 w Stros despite that! Both their wins came on dramatic 9th inning comebacks after not doing much of anything the 1st 8 innings!! Oakland rolling out a couple solid pitchers in the 1st 2 games of series, would it shock ya if one of them was able to pitch a quality start?

I’d turn it back the other way 2, what would shock you more: the Yankees sweeping the A’s or the A’s sweeping the Yankees? That being said, I’m also now looking at Montgomery’s strikeout prop which isn’t as juicy.

I’d turn it back the other way 2, what would shock you more: the Yankees sweeping the A’s or the A’s sweeping the Yankees? That being said, I’m also now looking at Montgomery’s strikeout prop which isn’t as juicy.

Oh I don’t think there much chance in hell yanks get swept. I’m not gonna worry bout doing the math but I’m guessing it would prob come out to like 10% chance at best. It certainly wouldn’t shock me if yanks swept, obviously they more than capable of whipping a crappy A’s team 3x. I just have a feeling Blackburn today and montas 2marro could have quality starts, im super confident saying at least one of them will, even if they do I’m not sure that means A’s win either of them, who knows if they able to score any runs? That lineup is pretty gross!

If someone would give me like +150 that A’s win 1 game this series I would take it. I seriously considered playing them today and then again 2marro if they lose the 1st but then it turns into more than I really want to risk on a team who been really bad vs the clear best team in baseball ar moment.

Well so far it doesn’t look like Red Sox gonna hit Gausman this time either, still early, maybe they get to him 2nd time around! Really didn’t think he would punk them like he did a few times way back in April, Sox offense way better now than it was then and Gausman hasn’t been as good as he was early on.

Haven't even seen what you got into tonigh Bank, card looked terrible to me.

Haven't decided yet but might take a stab on Mariners ff

Thor can probably navigate that CWS lineup pretty easily too, around -140 is borderline. Also no clue how M's and LAA both react after the brawl

Haven't even seen what you got into tonigh Bank, card looked terrible to me.

Haven't decided yet but might take a stab on Mariners ff

Thor can probably navigate that CWS lineup pretty easily too, around -140 is borderline. Also no clue how M's and LAA both react after the brawl

Yea I didn’t think it was a great card either. Fish ml and the +1.5/under parlay. Over in Toronto. Sonny gray over 4.5 k’s, Kirby ov 5.5 k’s I think only thing I’m on that hasn’t started. Oh yea I tailed @BenchCoach on Blackburn ov 3.5 k’s, thst cashed already! I wouldn’t have even noticed it if I didn’t see his post so he gets credit for that one!

Reactions: KJ
Not gonna kick myself for not playing A’s yet but fuck I was kinda right bout spot! Lol. Hope I was at least able to persuade some ppl from laying that juice w yanks.

Waino is dealing so far. Not like I didn’t expect that, need him to be good enough to hit under. The idea was if fish could just get me 2-3 runs I thought w the +1.5 Lopez outta be able to make a few runs hold up!

Look out for fish late in games this series, not having Genisius Cabrera out the pen this series hurts the cards. They could call on him anytime they needed a punch out against these guys and probably get it, not sure we have any other lefty, certainly not one like him!!

Gray pitch count in excellent shape to fo really deep into this game but I already know how the twins roll, I doubt they let him go past 6 even if he only at 80 pitches. Weak shit.

Jays doing all the lifting, hindsight and all Dunno why I didn’t just go with their team total over? I mean I thought they would have to score plenty to win (not really the case since Sox offense a no show) and that line was really strong. Oh well, maybe Sox can give us a little help in back half this game, or maybe jays score 10 on their own! You would think with game pretty much decided Sox won’t waste any their good relievers so might be easy picking for jays the next few innings!!

This a big inning for Sox to hopefully give us a couple runs. 3rd time thru top the order and gausman pitch count getting up there.

Yep, the Yanks are comeback kings. Thanks for the back and forth today, I did sprinkle a little on the Montgomery strikeout prop which already came in. Love to see the Yanks come back in this one though.

Back