Monday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Should halo’s really be favs on a 11 game slide and just coming home from a east coast trip while Boston played in Cali over the weekend? I don’t particularly trust either starter but Red Sox offense has been a lot better than halo’s as of late. Laa scored a grand total of 12 runs in 2 band boxes in bronx and Philly, that was with scoring 7 yesterday! So they had 5 runs in 5 games at those 2 hitter friendly parks before yesterday where the pen blew a big lead! Their pitching been bad and the offense hasn’t given them much support. Getting swept by the Phillies can’t be a good sign! Sure feels like wrong team favored.

not sure it worth messing with the game in cincy? looks like plenty of rain headed their way, of coarse they said it was gonna rain here all day and most of it pretty much missed us so who freaking knows? they finally raised Greene k prop up to 6.5 k's but he facing a snakes team with a lot of swing and miss, i like him to get 7+ k's i just dont know how big a factor weather gonna be?

i like the way jon gray been pitching lately, his k prop only being 4.5 is tempting but clevland has not been striking out, obviously who they have faced a big part of it but they have only fanned 14 times in 136 june at bats! this really the 1st starter they will have faced this month with swing and miss stuff. no clue why this total has been bet up from 8.5 to 9.5? im not a big Quantril fan but these offenses in a pitcher friendly park with this total? not sure i see a real high scoring game here? think i like gray ov 17.5 outs but the plus money on over 4.5 k's is interesting even against a guardians team who doesnt strike out much. i have little doubt he goes 5+ innings and think he capable of 1 per inning. maybe texas ff is the way to play it?

I just played Red Sox and muts. Didn’t want to mess with the games in Ohio when looks like they could both have weather issues. Of course they won’t have any since I stayed away but whatever.

havnt really noticed this Ashcroft kid for reds but he throwing a cutter that avg almost 98mph!?! they have some sneaky talented young pitching for a team who i consider to have bad pitching, lol. He doesnt get a lot of swing and miss for a kid throwing that hard so be interesting to see what happens vs a snakes team who has a ton of swing and miss in that lineup. his last 2 home starts he has went 6.1 vs san fran and 7 innings vs nats, they only asking for 16.5 outs here (5.2 innings), my only real concern is he been so efficient in those starts which obviously not a bad thing but it doesnt give me a good read on how many pitches they willing to let him throw if he has a less efficient outing? maybe it be better to watch and see a little more with him, i feel a lot better playing out totals on guys i know teams willing to let throw 100+ pitches and thus far he hasnt thrown more than 92 pitches in a game.

i dunno if i want to play it, i havnt played the runs allowed prop much but kinda interesting we can get tallion under 2.5 runs at -105 when he has only allowed 3 runs in 1 start all year!!

Back