Monday Discussion Thread

What’s up with the pirates/cards and cle/kc series playing into Monday? Don’t see that happen hardly ever, Is that a product of still playing 162 while starting later?

What’s up with the pirates/cards and cle/kc series playing into Monday? Don’t see that happen hardly ever, Is that a product of still playing 162 while starting later?
Probably part of it, any team playing a division team in the first series should be playing four games, not sure why they didn't play Thursday-Sunday though

I've always defended, and supported the schedule makers realizing how tough of a job it is. But something does seem off. This is not hard like scheduling NBA/NHL where you arena share. I get some of these fields support other activities but not the frequency the other sports share.

I've always defended, and supported the schedule makers realizing how tough of a job it is. But something does seem off. This is not hard like scheduling NBA/NHL where you arena share. I get some of these fields support other activities but not the frequency the other sports share.
If they want to actually get 162 games in and playoffs before snow season, the first hurdle is knocking out the 19 games that teams have to play against their division. Four game series to start the year makes a ton of sense against the division.

Probably part of it, any team playing a division team in the first series should be playing four games, not sure why they didn't play Thursday-Sunday though

I can answer that part, they pretty much always leave a open day the day after opening day in case opening day gets rained out. Nobody who buys tix for opening day wants to get make up date tix!

Duh... those 2 series didn't play Friday because the Friday is a placeholder in case the Thursday opener is rained out.

I know the reasoning behind the Friday open part. Just can’t really recall many times a weekend series carries over to Monday barring a make up game but suppose they already have multiple make up days scheduled since they started season a bit late?

Mentioned this in the ml dog thread but I’ll post here also so everyone can see/maybe answer, lol. What the hell up with Phillies being -150? I’m higher on Phils than most this year but I don’t get this price. They have Mets as one the favs to win NL so why they such big dogs to start 2nd series of the year to a team I think they have finishing 3rd in east? Assuming walker healthy I don’t think the starting pitching matchup is some huge edge, maybe he not healthy? Reports I read said he threw a pen session and was fine, I imagine if there were any huge problems he wouldn’t be making the start.

More often than not I’d just play Mets and see what happens as to me there unquestionably some perceived value on them. Line just feels far enough off I’m kinda scratching my head! Like they begging for muts money, sure as hell can’t see ppl lining up to lay -150! What am I missing?

Eye test for the Mets has shown they are inducing a lot of contact. Suarez is a ground ball pitcher with a terrible defense behind him. Only thing I can think of at this time. Phillies have hit Walker well, and I think he's the definition of average. Most projection sites have Phillies at 60% which = -150. Overall I think the line is appropriate at this point in the early season.

Eye test for the Mets has shown they are inducing a lot of contact. Suarez is a ground ball pitcher with a terrible defense behind him. Only thing I can think of at this time. Phillies have hit Walker well, and I think he's the definition of average. Most projection sites have Phillies at 60% which = -150. Overall I think the line is appropriate at this point in the early season.

Feels high to me but I did notice Philly has knocked walker around. Far as price guess it kinda falls on how ya feel bout Ranger Suarez? Maybe I’m underestimating him, or overvaluing walker (case could def be made I been too high on him for a long time, lol). Suarez having a monster year would def serve my Phillies future well, lol. anyways I def agree with you Mets the play:

Connor Joe just got rekt sliding into home. Solak > Seager relay. Feel like I see more bad 3B coach calls, than good ones.

Hilarious to me that they are going to try and make him a SP. Wasn't even a good RP last year.

Yea, It been a few years since he was good out the pen. Laa has no clue how to construct a team! Yet they always overrated cause the names in lineup.

Back