Monday Discussion/Thoughts

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
NBA - Mar 10

NBA
MONDAY, MARCH 10TH

4:05 PM3 /10 /08
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><td class="gNum">#</td><td class="gName">
</td><td class="gSpr">Spread</td><td class="gTot">Total</td><td class="gML">
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">501</td><td class="gName">ATLANTA</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707170_3_0_9.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+9½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707170_3_2_-208.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o208½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">502</td><td class="gName">ORLANDO</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707170_3_1_-9.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-9½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707170_3_3_208.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u208½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr><td class="gNum">#</td><td class="gName">
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">503</td><td class="gName">PORTLAND</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707171_3_0_6_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+6-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707171_3_2_-191.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o191½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">504</td><td class="gName">CLEVELAND</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707171_3_1_-6_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-6-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707171_3_3_191.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u191½-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">

</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">505</td><td class="gName">BOSTON</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707172_3_0_-6_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-6-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707172_3_2_-195_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o195-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">506</td><td class="gName">PHILADELPHIA</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707172_3_1_6_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+6-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707172_3_3_195_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u195-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">

4:35 PM3 /10 /08
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">507</td><td class="gName">LA CLIPPERS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707173_3_0_3.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+3½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707173_3_2_-191_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o191-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">508</td><td class="gName">MIAMI</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707173_3_1_-3.5_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-3½-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707173_3_3_191_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u191-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">

5:35 PM3 /10 /08
</td><td class="gSpr">
</td><td class="gTot">
</td><td class="gML">
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">509</td><td class="gName">NEW YORK</td><td class="gSpr lineChk">
</td><td class="gTot lineChk">
</td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">510</td><td class="gName">DALLAS</td><td class="gSpr lineChk">

</td><td class="gSpr">
</td><td class="gTot">
</td><td class="gML">
</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">511</td><td class="gName">DENVER</td><td class="gSpr lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">512</td><td class="gName">SAN ANTONIO</td><td class="gSpr lineChk">

</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="gNum">513</td><td class="gName">NEW JERSEY</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707176_3_0_13_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">+13-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707176_3_2_-193_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">o193-110 </td><td class="gML lineChk">
</td></tr><tr><td class="gNum">514</td><td class="gName">HOUSTON</td><td class="gSpr lineChk"><input name="game" value="707176_3_1_-13_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">-13-110 </td><td class="gTot lineChk"><input name="game" value="707176_3_3_193_-110_NBA" class="chkbox" type="checkbox">u193-110 </td></tr></tbody></table>

Clippers ML MI should never be favored.

Curious to what SA will be? -5

Philly ML?

Chalk it up with tha King

i like the cavs at home too. Lebron is on a tear and should get alot of calls at home vs. a young portland team.

since SA is on a BTB and denver has rest, i would think the #would be lower, but i don't really know. anyway, it will be really difficult for the spurs to get home court over the lakers if they drop another one to denver on monday.

<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td>
pixel.gif
</td> <td class="s_playerNewsLeftBorder">
pixel.gif
</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">
NBA_Curry_small.jpg

Eddy Curry is likely to have season-ending knee surgery after an MRI revealed a vertical cartilage tear in his right knee.
The plan is for Curry to take a few days and see if the swelling goes down, and then make a decision on whether to play on or have surgery. But with nothing left to play for, it would make sense for Curry to have the procedure now. He’ll need 4-6 weeks to recover, so he should be fine going into next season. With Curry out, David Lee should see more stable playing time the rest of the way, while Randolph Morris will also get a long look from the Knicks. Officially, Curry has been ruled out for Monday’s game, and is questionable for Wednesday in Miami. Mar. 9 - 8:33 pm et
Source: New York Post</td></tr></tbody></table>

Philly on a very good offensive streak (119, 106, 117 & 119 last 4, have surpassed 100 pts in 9 of last 10 home games), are 7-1 to Over their last 8 B2B games, and their 2 previous games vs Boston this season have totaled 216 & 205 pts. Boston's heavy under ways have cooled since the mid season mark, and they're 7-3 to Over their last 10 road games.

And, hell, who can lose playing Overs the last week or so - this is ridiculous.

milwaukee , new york , and golden state on sick over runs....

absolutely fucking sick over runs.....

crawford in for monday's game ?

what can the books put this total at ?

Yeah since the AS Break its been nothing but overs...

Blazers +6 / Under 91.5
Sixers +6
Heat -3.5 (would buy to -3)

-Dont see Cle playing well outside of King James and you cant get me to lay points based on one player. Portland is worth jst 2 points less then Indiana ??? The UNDER because w/o Z you see more Wallace and Varaejo meaning good defense and rebounding with little if any offensive contributions..since the break CLE allowed 95 or less in all with up tempo Indy just getting 95 , Hou had 93 in win , the rest was 89 ,89 , 84 , 86. They themselves only cracked 100 against Memphis and Indy lots of possessions and no defense! They have a few recent overs but before that they were playing games seemingly in the 180s away..

-The difference between Miami and LAC is this. While neither should be backed as favs the difference I see is LAC routinely gets blown out as home dogs to solid teams by 30+. Where as if Miami is healthy then tend to compete and play fairly well as home dogs. So that tells me LAC best hope is teams on the road who dont take them seriously...not the case here...After a couple home blowouts you would think they want a WIN fairly desperately...Miami was favored and won SU already in LAC..chnages since but not that many IMO...

- Why fade Philly? Boston is nearly as hot but I'll take the dog who played fairly tight last time at home...Sixers have won 8 straight at home and are 9-1 L10 witha 2 pt loss to Orlando. Philly has led 57-52 and 57-55 in both meetings at half which you wouldnt know my looking solely at the FINAL scores...Boston beat up a bunch of bad teams in its recent run minus Detriot who isnt playing its best ball.

Leans Houston Und 193 and Over Atl 208:cheers::shake:

my auto-thought about houston unders is also being smacked in the face
and called jenny with all this monstrous scoring of late.....

106 , 113 , 117 , 103 , 116 , 94 , 110 , 100 , 112

and new jersey minus two san antonio games hasn't been involved
in a game totaling under 193 points since feb 12th....

i know , i know , " but look who they were playing....."

boston's road scoring going back a ways....

119 , 104 , 112 , 77 , 117 , 118 , 104 , 88 , 113 , 117 , 93 , 109 ...

sure i wanted this total at 192/193 but whatcha gonna do brother ?
become a hulkamaniac and watch raw instead ?

can boston put the crab on philly's ultra sleek and shiny new fastbreak ?

watching them play you can sense the confidence and enthusiasm they
have ... when that ball is rebounded son , it's like they're givin away free
pussy to the guy who can make it downcourt the fastest....sure miller
might wanna back down rondo in the halfcourt a little bit but i cant see
them abandoning something that has worked so well for them recently .

maybe boston can impose their will and force a grind it out run the clock
half court masterpiece . maybe they'll crowd the lane and let philly try and
beat them from deep by making some 3 point shots . that might work
cuz i dont trust the sixers prowess from beyond the arc . it's gonna be
about the gameplan but the sixer's emotion , playoff aspirations , and maniac
fastrbreak cannot be discounted or overlooked...

tiny lean to Miami if Wade is in of course.

only play I can say I "like" at this moment is SA at anything under 7

oh also, Portland has a bit of revenge from the last time these guys played--- national TV Lebron finish in the lane makin it look easy

imo, the Clips are the worst team in the league
wait no Memphis then Clips
Miami has talent and more will to win. Clippers are used to losing, and are just trying to get Thornton run. Miami is actually looking at this seaso nas a prep for next season. I could be wrong, bt should Wade play, they'll look at this as an opportunity to get a W and thus try extra hard

Clips have Maggette, but anyone concerned about how small Miami is inside- I don't know if Haslem is back but vs RAPS they were so small and were getting torched inside the paint.
Wade doesen't look he really cares at this point though. Miami D is the prob not their O

You would think Sanantonio could cover at less than -7, but in my opinion they are great offensively but are pretty bad on Offense.

They only have 3 guys to score and the bench is shit these days. WIthout Kurt Thomas scoring they would be lucky to hit 85 points a game. Truth they cannot beat Denver or Phoenix due to their bad O. ANd you won't beat those teams scoring less than 85

Cleveland seems like a good bet. Portland on a road simply suck. Spurs ML very strong bet, still thinking to take the line or settle for crappy odds in ML.

i figured i would copy and paste my thoughts in the discussion thread/

Both prior meetings when Philly was not quite playing so well the Sixers lead at half 57-52 and 59-52 ( double check the scores but 5 and 7 should be correct)- at the time Philly was a good 1st H team but typically faded in the 2nd H.

In both these games, andre miller, was tremendous vs Rondo, and philly pulled to good size 1st qtr leads. You might see similar tonight, but cassel has been activated and i wouldnt be surprised to see him in their sooner if miller takes advantage of his size again vs rondo. the celts play down to their competition but then they have these 4-5 minute spurts in their half court D that just shuts down the other team, lot of credit going to philly, well deserved, just dont think they have the talent to cover the 5.5.
<!-- / message -->

Back