Monday c'mon out of the woodwork boys Discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
took the weekend off after I again lost an under with Doug E on Friday...

leans:
ATL u6.5
CHC +117
COL o10
LAD +100
TB u7.5: Layne
OAK u7.5

on the radar:
MIA -122
StL -118
SD u6.5
CLE u7 (6.5 is fine)

went under in St. Pete to avoid losing the hook, maybe Ortiz sits and hopefully Pedroia does again. If that happens their lineup is a joke

Whatever it is about the ESPN Monday game/s tv spot, it has a distinct theme for the 2014 season -

Road dogs are 15-5 SU & 17-3 on the runline (vs. Home dogs 1-2 SU/2-1 RL).
No road dog w/a winning record has failed to cover the runline.
Road dogs scoring 1st have gone 11-1 SU & 12-0 RL.
All dogs are on an 8-0 SU/RL run.

The worst performed dogs have easily been NL teams w/losing records: 1-5 SU & 3-3 RL.

View attachment 36772

updated leans:
ATL u6.5
CHC +128
COL o10
LAD +105
OAK u8
SD u6.5

on the radar:
MIA -119
StL -116
CLE u7 (6.5 is fine)

Some information is not available. Umps. We can still think
Price on 4 and Price in the day is much worse than Klubber and Cleveland is 3 games over in day games while Detroit is 1 game minus. Small days edge Cleveland but a fatigue factor that favors Detroit. I think you play Cleveland
Seattle is 9 games over in day games, monster edge in days of week, Chris is 2.25 on 6 plus on a 12 inning sample and has a good record through his career on 6+ with a 2.75 day ERA and a 1.83 ERA at Oakland over 19.2 innings. 2.92 day ERA
Hammel on 5 2.44 Hammel in the day 3.21 is not bad but his teams sucks and he isworseso this seems clear
Hamels just has a much better day ERA so you make a first half bet although he is worse on 5. Bottom line Philadelphia has a slight day of Week edge and while he is decent on 4 that 4.75 day ERA is just sitting there.

Price got shelled last time out, think he's primed for a bounceback and Miggy clearly isn't healthy

I've been riding Hamels all year and he has not been sharp in his last two starts. Thought I'd win the under vs WAS as he threw 6 shutout innings, but he got smashed around until Ryno finally pulled him

Problem child game Baltimore. Hughes has a big edge in days ERA and Minn has a real edge in playing in the day/ Hughes 3.34 on 4 and last few years has pitched fine there and recently has a good record with the ump. Baltimore is 13-3 on Monday same as Seattle. Minn has obviously been getting hammered so I think you try a first half bet but i am hoping to get trend info that might change thinks
Is Smyly now god? Everyone loves him today but his actual record in the day is 2-4 with a 4.46 day ERA.. Last year as a reliever mostly in the day his ERA in the day was 1.38 on 32.2. Bottom line he is much to hot to bet against but there are problems to think about
Ruby on a 9.2 sample has a 9.31ERA on 5, a poor record on the road and a 4 ERA in the day
Some of these fames like the Marlins are not really very clear at all. I currently have a small lean to Marlins who are 9-5 on Monday to Mets 7-8 but Mets are obviously much the best day team

check out Turner's starts vs MIL, three of them 7ip 3r 6ip 0r 5ip 2r, thinks that'll be worth a stab considering how bad MIL is playing

Feeling a big effort from Klubes today. 1 measly run might get the job done.

Tribe unders must have killed in August. Think they were 7 or 8 over for the month while scoring under 4 a game.

Just read this

Tigers +103

David Price is coming off the WORST outing of his life, though it could be classified as the WORST inning of his life. Through two innings, Price allowed 0 ER’s and had 3 K’s. Then things went sour in the 3rd: single, double, single, double, single, single, single, single, single. After 9 straight hits and 6 runs (2 more ER’s after that) Prices was pulled. But it’s not like his velocity was down or he was making a ton of bad pitches. His FIP was 1.6 for the game with a 3.6 SIERA. Of course the 0.857 BABIP and the 43% LD-rate didn’t help (he averaged a 16% LD-rate in the previous 4 starts (league average is about 19%)). Clearly it was a just a bad start and I don’t think there’s anything to worry about here. The good thing to come out of it is that Price threw only 68 pitches and should be much fresher for tonight’s bounce-back. By comparison, Corey Kluber is coming off another phenomenal start where he allowed 3 ER’s but had 8K’s through 6.1 innings. He’s now registered 86K in his last 75.1 innings of work. That’s absolutely phenomenal, but it also has come at the price of a high pitch counts. In those starts he’s averaged over 108 pitches thrown, and is coming off an outing where he threw 118, the most he’s thrown all season. Normally that’s not a big concern for a power-pitcher, but Cleveland’s bullpen isn’t in the best of shape today. Their closer Cody Allen pitched 2 straight days and 3 of the last 4, Shaw pitched yesterday and appeared in 4 of the last 6, and the rest of the bullpen had a day off yesterday bthough most key guys pitched 2+ days prior to Sunday. There’s a lot of pressure on Kluber today not just to pitch well, but to pitch well deep into the game. And he’ll have to do it against Tigers’ 5th ranked offense against righties (wRC+ of 105, 8th in ISO). By comparison, Indians’ offense ranks 27th against lefties (wRC+ of 87, 28th in ISO). That’s a +18% wRC+ variance in Detroit’s favor today. As far as Detroit’s BP, their key relieves are all well rested. Bottom line is that the Tigers could have an advantage with their starter in today’s matchup, as Kluber (he’s at 192 innings this year by the way, after throwing for 160 last year) could potentially be in a fatigue spot. He’ll also be facing the Tigers for the 4th time this year, while Price hasn’t seen Cleveland since 2013. Even if Kluber is ON his game, the starting pitching is equal here and Detroit’s advantages in the BP and offensively should be the differenc. I think the Tigers have a lot of different ways to win this one while the Indians must rely on a dominant outing by their starter. Price is 5-1 when facing Cleveland in his career, while Kluber is only 2-4 against the Tigers.

Keep the faith, tuck. Need to send you a Tribe cap and an Albert Belle bobblehead to get you through these tough moments.

Someone explain the Astros firing the manager. This wasn't to be a season of high hopes, if I'm not mistaken. They've actually had some nice stretches and competed all year.

Someone explain the Astros firing the manager. This wasn't to be a season of high hopes, if I'm not mistaken. They've actually had some nice stretches and competed all year.

they're a joke of an organization, Luhnow clearly has no clue what he's doing. All they did was fight and were clearly overmatched, Bo was great and was a company guy doing all the shifts/getting rid of guys who wouldn't take pitches like the organization wanted. Got a raw deal similar to Brad Mills before him

that juan jaime guy is fucking worthless, can't even throw a straight fastball for a strike more than 50% of the time. and nice job by heyward on the routine fly ball too.

I swear, Miggy must hit roughly .976 against Cleveland.

Hate to root against GW's under, but here's to batting around in the bottom if some innings if this is how it's going to be.

Now we're cooking with gas. Credit that run to no A-Jax in CF.

exactly. a team gets no hit and we still lose.

Going to get tougher to cap as all these expanded roster call ups are getting playing time. Happened in the 2 games I watched (mets and braves) and called up relievers had impact on final score

No real understanding of the Dodger game. Gio better on 5 days but that is not the whole game

Padres not doing well. 1 run lead after 4 Cahill has put on 3 hits and 6 walks. 1 run?

Bet over 10.5 for half a unit when no ump was ever listed. 4 runs in top of first fine.

Padres have scored 3 runs in 7 innings when they had 15 men on base.
Probably not right to mention this to Wire to Wire.

In a fit of insanity with the Padres I made half my bet on the RL. 3-1 worked but would have liked a little more back up.
If I lose the over 10.5 I will not blame SF 7-2 currently with Colorado only scoring 2 runs in the bottom of the 5th

Last edited:
Hate to root against GW's under, but here's to batting around in the bottom if some innings if this is how it's going to be.

Thankfully got a bad ump and stayed off, but you are definitely approved to root for your team against my wagers cuz you're a true fan tip

Going to get tougher to cap as all these expanded roster call ups are getting playing time. Happened in the 2 games I watched (mets and braves) and called up relievers had impact on final score

Feel like the TB righty who blew the lead was one of those too. Extra thing to cap for bad teams unfortunately

Back